Windows 10: Arizona does not observe dst

Discus and support Arizona does not observe dst in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; At least lost of the State. Now, my computer insists it's 10 AM, when the rest of my clocks say it's 11 AM. I set the Time Zone to Arizona (-7)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by w1ksz, Apr 4, 2018.

1. w1ksz Win User

Arizona does not observe dst

At least lost of the State.

Now, my computer insists it's 10 AM, when the rest of my clocks say it's 11 AM.

I set the Time Zone to Arizona (-7) and it automatically greys out the DST option.

Is this a new enhancement ?? Part of a conspiracy to make Arizona go on DST ?? Where is my Aluminum Hat !!

Seriously, how do I convince this computer we are NOT on DST ?

Thank you,

Richard Solomon

:)

w1ksz, Apr 4, 2018

2. day light savings

I noticed this recently as well, after the US switch to Daylight Savings Time. Arizona doesn't observe DST. Apparently, the Chihuahua TZ does, and WP 8.1 reckons that Phoenix is close enough to Mexico that the Chihuahua TZ is a better choice than the Arizona
    TZ.

Seriously though, WP 8.1 appears to match on the first TZ which happens to be UTC -7.

Turning off the automatic determination of TZ is a workaround but falls short of a fix. This bug should be brought to the attention of the WP PG.

Daniel Schultz, Apr 4, 2018
  3. jbmercha Win User
    Arizona Timezone

I have an HTC Touch Diamond from Sprint. I live in Arizona. Arizona has no daylight savings time. My phone is treating Arizona timezone as Mountain timezone, ie Arizona + DST. Anyone know if there is a fix or where the DST information is stored so I can
    fix it?

jbmercha, Apr 4, 2018
  4. Arizona does not observe dst

storageman, Apr 4, 2018
  5. Berton Win User
    Last time I was in AZ only the large reservation observed DST. My local time for DST is 12:29PM [-6] but if using MST it would be 11:29AM [-7]. Having worked with time for so long [30+ years] I keep a small battery-powered digital clock set at GMT/UTC time, easy to subtract 7 or 6 hours to see if the computer clocks are keeping up.

Berton, Apr 4, 2018
  6. pepanee Win User
    After you get everything resolved, contact me. I design personal hats for everyone.

Arizona does not observe dst [​IMG]

pepanee, Apr 4, 2018
  7. w1ksz Win User
    DST toggle is set to OFF.

My clock has been functioning correctly for years until I noticed it was way off yesterday. Went into Date & Time
    and noticed the settings were changed (latest Update ??). Changed them back and all was well until today when
    this thing decided it was on DST whether I wanted it or not and I couldn't change it back.

Right now I am on Central America time to get the clock correct.

rs

w1ksz, Apr 4, 2018
  8. gary407 Win User

DST is one hour ahead not one behind

gary407, Apr 5, 2018
  9. f14tomcat Win User
    @w1ksz

Try this...

Make your settings like in the pic, and set your time zone manually. Windows has a problem sometimes with the auto-set part. If needed, turn Adjust for DST off. You may need to reboot.

f14tomcat, Apr 5, 2018
  10. pepanee Win User
    pepanee, Apr 5, 2018
  11. w1ksz Win User
    I'll take a look at that.

Thanks

w1ksz, Apr 5, 2018
  12. Stitch194 Win User
    Inconsistent PC clock and incorrect date usually indicates the bios coin battery requires replacement. Cheap and easily replaced. Arizona is on MTZ -8 hrs UTC

Stitch194, Apr 5, 2018
  13. pepanee Win User

Okay, wait a sec. The link that I posted looks like a little outdated information.

So this is what I just did:
    1) I asked Microsoft Bing:
    What time is it in Arizona? - Bing
    As of the result of that question: It said 3:40 PM
    I live in California (Pacific Time), and the time here is also 3:40 PM
    2) So I set the Time zone (refer to picture) to: (UTC-07:00) Arizona
    3) And my clock shows the same time as the search result
    4) Does this help solve the thing?

pepanee, Apr 5, 2018
  14. w1ksz Win User
    Actually, it's -7.

I'll check the battery, thanks.

rs

w1ksz, Apr 5, 2018
  15. Living Phoenix AZ, I have NO NEED to have the SUN setting @ 9:30pm, its hot enough when it sets at 8:30pm.

storageman, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Arizona does not observe dst - Similar Threads - Arizona does observe

2. DST for Iran

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DST for Iran: Windows changed the clock on March 22nd 2023 for Iran but Iran has stopped following Daylight Saving Time. This is a bughttps://time.is/time_zone_news/iran_cancels_daylight_saving_time...
  3. DST for Iran

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DST for Iran: Windows changed the clock on March 22nd 2023 for Iran but Iran has stopped following Daylight Saving Time. This is a bughttps://time.is/time_zone_news/iran_cancels_daylight_saving_time...
  4. Hdd dst failed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hdd dst failed: My mothers laptop recently stopped botting wo windows, instead it goes into recovery and says the windows couldnt load because of missing system files/keys.I know my mother didnt delete yhem, alk she did last night was turn off her laptop, we ran the built in hp hardware fast...
  5. dst failure

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    dst failure: When I start my laptop smart hard disk error shows, when I am diagnostics my PC it shows the DST failure in the PC .then what I am do to solve this problem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dst-failure/35ebaeb8-8bea-4e10-8f7d-a756c6ce0324
  6. E-SATA Observations

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    E-SATA Observations: Ok I think this is some valuable information that needs to be out there. As this is what I encountered with my machine. I don't know if all machines will do the same but this is what happened for me. Just my 2 cents worth.. *Smile A while ago there was a discussion...
  7. Timezone defaults to Arizona...I am in Australia :-(

in Windows 10 Support
    Timezone defaults to Arizona...I am in Australia :-(: Hi, My laptop (Windows 10 Education) defaults to Arizona timezone when I am at home. At work (connected to a network), it has the correct timezone and time. At home, not. All of the other computers/devices have the correct timezone. I change to my timezone (Brisbane +10),...
  8. Observation.

in Windows 10 Support
    Observation.: *Kill Hi all. i am not sure about your good selves,however, for my part I dread microsoft updates arriving! Having started back in the days of DOS and gradually progessed via the Microsoft chain of dross via W97,W97 second edition,good old XP, Vista, wonderful Windows 7,...
  9. Interesting Observation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Interesting Observation: I reserved a copy of Win10 Upgrade for a Win8.1 Pro and on 7/30/15 files were downloaded but I delayed installing. Today I started it from the GWX icon in the Notification Area but to my surprise the $Windows.~BT Folder dated 7/30/15 [with files of 7/30/15] was gone and the...
  10. More observations

in Windows 10 Support
    More observations: Just installed 10049 and it only took 3 hours or so. It seems better than 10041 thus far. The only way to get this update was by joining the FAST ring. The biggie for me is that it installed the Hi Def Audio for the chipset (OK - I forgot to disable onboard *Sad first). It...