Windows 10: Arrange desktop list (shortcut)

Discus and support Arrange desktop list (shortcut) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is it possible to arrange the order of desktop files/folders in the taskbar >> Button That shows a pop-up menu of all desktop Items? They move up and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by thefonebug, Aug 4, 2017.

1. Arrange desktop list (shortcut)

Is it possible to arrange the order of desktop files/folders in the taskbar >> Button That shows a pop-up menu of all desktop Items? They move up and down constantly but without logic, like a-z sort or last used.

:)

thefonebug, Aug 4, 2017

2. How to arrange desktop shotcuts in Windows 10.

Original Title: desktop shortcuts

how to arrange desktop shortcuts

KenMorgan-986, Aug 4, 2017
  3. Remove full screen of shortcut icons

Hi Cheryl,

Thank you for taking time to post on Microsoft Community.

We are glad that you were able to successfully update your Windows 10 computer, in regards with your concern please refer to the information listed below:

How to Arrange or Move Icons

To arrange icons by name, type, date, or size, right-click a blank area on the desktop, and then click Arrange Icons. Click the command that indicates how you want to arrange the icons (by Name, by Type, and so on). If you want the icons to be automatically
    arranged, click Auto Arrange. If you want to arrange the icons on your own, click Auto Arrange to remove the check mark.

How to Remove Icons

Some icons are shortcuts to programs on your computer. Shortcut icons usually have an arrow in the bottom-left corner. If you do not want a shortcut on your desktop, click the icon, and then drag it to the Recycle Bin. This action only removes the shortcut,
    not the program that it is pointing to. You can also right-click the icon, and then click Delete to remove a shortcut from your desktop.

Some icons such as My Network Places, Recycle Bin, and My Computer cannot be deleted.

If you require any further information, feel free to let us know.

Regards.

JericDale Ort, Aug 4, 2017
  4. Edwin New Member

Arrange desktop list (shortcut)

You can 'drag to order' but it will only last for the current session.

Arrange desktop list (shortcut) [​IMG]

Edwin, Aug 4, 2017
Thema:

Arrange desktop list (shortcut)

1. Arrange desktop list (shortcut) - Similar Threads - Arrange desktop list

2. Desktop shortcuts arrange in vertical layout

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop shortcuts arrange in vertical layout: I have a user who is using Surface Pro. The OS is Windows 11. Out of the blue, every single of his desktop icons are arranged in a single column right in the middle of the screen. I have tried playing around with the resolutions settings, text size and scaling and...
  3. Desktop shortcuts arrange in vertical layout

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop shortcuts arrange in vertical layout: I have a user who is using Surface Pro. The OS is Windows 11. Out of the blue, every single of his desktop icons are arranged in a single column right in the middle of the screen. I have tried playing around with the resolutions settings, text size and scaling and...
  4. Desktop Arranger App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop Arranger App: I downloaded from the MS store the Desktop Arranger app. It turned my desktop into nothing. The desktop now shows nothing but varies yellow squares, there is no settings or anyway to exit. I have uninstalled and reinstalled but nothing helps.How do I get my real desktop...
  5. Auto Arrange Desktop Icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Auto Arrange Desktop Icons: I am on Windows 10 version 20H2.Desktop Icons are arranged in a scattered manner A-Z should be auto arranged but it is arranged as A-Z A-Z, there are two starting of the sorting order. How to make this sorting order to be singular and every icon on the desktop gets arranged...
  6. (Solved) 1909 Desktop Shortcuts Move When One Re-Arranged

(Solved) 1909 Desktop Shortcuts Move When One Re-Arranged: Didn't occur PRIOR to 1909 ..... Have 100+ Shortcuts on Desktop ... I had to Un-Chk [ Rt Clk on Desktop/ View/ Align Icons to Grid ] -- to KEEP multi-Shtcuts on Desktop in certain columns/Rows from Moving when just One Shtcut was re-located to another empty space. Now, Shtcut...
  7. 1909 Desktop Shortcuts Move When One Re-Arranged

1909 Desktop Shortcuts Move When One Re-Arranged: Didn't occur PRIOR to 1909 ..... Have 100+ Shortcuts on Desktop ... I had to Un-Chk [ Rt Clk on Desktop/ View/ Align Icons to Grid ] -- to KEEP multi-Shtcuts on Desktop in certain columns/Rows from Moving when just One Shtcut was re-located to another empty space. Now, Shtcut...
  8. Desktop icon arrangement problem

Desktop icon arrangement problem: I have 2 questions as following 1. When I move icons on desktop to replace some icon, it doesn't replace respectively as shown in the figures below. [ATTACH] [IMG] but What I want is. [ATTACH] 2. When I move icons to replace the last one of the row, it doesn't...
  9. Desktop Arrangement

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Arrangement: Hello everybody! Today I encountered a problem: Windows 10 automatically arranges my desktop after using full screen apps. A dont know what is happening and what to do. Please help. 54279
  10. Desktop Keyboard Shortcuts List in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Desktop Keyboard Shortcuts List in Windows 10: How to: Desktop Keyboard Shortcuts List in Windows 10 Keyboard Shortcuts List for Desktop in Windows 10 [img] Information Keyboard shortcuts are combinations of two or more keys that perform a task that would typically require a mouse or other pointing device....