Windows 10: Arranging Context Menu Items.

Discus and support Arranging Context Menu Items. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I spent yesterday fiddling with my context menu (Right-Click Menu). I downloaded and installed nearly a dozen different apps/programs. I settled on a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by kkorotev, Oct 28, 2015.

1. kkorotev Win User

Arranging Context Menu Items.

I spent yesterday fiddling with my context menu (Right-Click Menu). I downloaded and installed nearly a dozen different apps/programs. I settled on a couple and went to work adding commands. Here's the problem: Once the items show up in the Context/Right Click menu, there's no way to arrange them. Alphabetically, for example. They appear alphabetical in the software interface and in the registry, but not in the menu itself.

Any ideas?
    Kevin

:)

kkorotev, Oct 28, 2015

2. How to arrange Icon on desktop in Windows 10

Old title: greg

Hi Greg,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

You fix the issue by enabling Auto arrange icon option. On desktop,
    Right-click go to View on context menu and then select
    Auto arrange icon. By this option the icon will be arranged in proper order.

Moreover by using Sort by in context menu, you arrange the Icons by Name, Size, Item type, Date Modified.

Hope this will address your query.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Oct 28, 2015
  3. windows 10 auto arrange desktop icons

Hi,

I understand the inconvenience you are facing. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

You can fix the issue by enabling Auto arrange icon option. On desktop,
    Right-click go to View on context menu and then select
    Auto arrange icon. By this option the icon will be arranged in proper order.

Moreover by using Sort by in context menu, you arrange the Icons by Name, Size, Item type, Date Modified.

Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Oct 28, 2015
  4. Gary Win User

I use Windows 10 Manager made by Yamicsoft to do this.

5. kkorotev Win User
    Gary,
    I use the same program. There is no option to re-arrange the menu items...unless I'm missing it?

kkorotev, Oct 28, 2015
  6. Gary Win User
    Arranging Context Menu Items. [​IMG]

7. kkorotev Win User
    Yes. You can determine one of three positions for your new command...but if you have, say, 7 commands in the top of the menu, you can not arrange them individually. The order they appear in the context menu editor of WIN10 Manager is NOT the order they actually appear in the context menu. Nor, in fact, do they follow the order they appear in the actual system registry. I can't find a way to screen capture my right click menu or I'd show you.

kkorotev, Oct 28, 2015
  8. Gary Win User

Maybe if you look in the custom tab??

9. kkorotev Win User
    Nope. Thanks for your efforts!

kkorotev, Oct 28, 2015
  10. Gary Win User
  11. kkorotev Win User
    Two of the dozen I tried yesterday. No help.

kkorotev, Oct 28, 2015
  12. kkorotev Win User
    Gary,
    In a Round-About way, you were right about Yamicsoft Context Menu Customizer.
    After uninstalling the programs I thought might work, then restoring all context menu items to default...unchecking all those I never use, THEN adding custom entries, they are showing up alphabetized in the context/right-click menu.
    I can't assign "Top/Middle/Bottom" positions, but all custom entries appear in the middle. Good Enough!
    Thanks for making me re-think this.*Wink

Kevin

kkorotev, Oct 28, 2015
  13. Gary Win User

I am glad you got it to work, somewhat anyway. You are quite Welcome.*Smile

Thema:

1. Arranging Context Menu Items. - Similar Threads - Arranging Context Menu

2. Personalize context menu item not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Personalize context menu item not working: Hello. This weird thing has been happening where if I right-click on the desktop and select "Personalize", I get this error:It appears some program has overwritten the action for the context item, and I can't figure out how to change it back. Not even scouring the Internet...
  3. Personalize context menu item not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Personalize context menu item not working: Hello. This weird thing has been happening where if I right-click on the desktop and select "Personalize", I get this error:It appears some program has overwritten the action for the context item, and I can't figure out how to change it back. Not even scouring the Internet...
  4. Missing items in context menu

Missing items in context menu: I've noticed that when ever I right click on my Desktop: no longer have nvidia control panel as an option Files: no winrar options like add to archive Certain games: no locale emulator -> run in Japanese There's most likely other stuff missing from context menu too I just...
  5. Adding items to the New context menu.

Adding items to the New context menu.: I have been trying to get a .php file in the new context menu with no luck. Even without the template file, it still does not work. Does anyone have any idea on how to do this? I have followed several procedures and none of them work. Windows 10 Pro RTM x64 V.2004 165692
  6. Word Context Menu Item Missing

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Word Context Menu Item Missing: Hello I am having a problem related to the above topic. My menu entry for the Word Document is missing from the context menu. The registry key is there, but the menu entry is not. I am using the Office 365 x64 version. [img] I already wrote here but did not arrive at a...
  7. Adding an item to the new context menu.

Adding an item to the new context menu.: I am looking for a way to add a new item to the new context menu. The item in question is a .php file, with an associated template file. I've been tinkering around with the registry trying to get it to work, but nothing seems to be working. All the old methods no longer...
  8. Unwanted Context menu item

in Windows 10 Support
    Unwanted Context menu item: Hello to everybody! I would like some help with a Context menu item that I can't get rid of. Since I tried an application (Master PDF Editor 5), the item ''Open with Master PDF Editor 5'' has been added to the Context menu. When I right click on a pdf file, I see this item...
  9. Rename item in New context menu

Rename item in New context menu: There are many well descripted sources about how to add/delete item from context menu new – for instance Edit, Add, Remove items from New Context Menu in Windows 10 – but none of them states how to rename such item in reliable way. I found article Change Name/Description...
  10. Modify Title of Context Menu Item

in Windows 10 Support
    Modify Title of Context Menu Item: I have customized my context menus a bit, so I am familiar with some aspects (registry locations, apps to do that), but I have one hope to modify the title of existing context menu items. I would like to simply shorten some titles to make the right-click context menu...