Windows 10: Arranging music files for streaming

Discus and support Arranging music files for streaming in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hope someone can help with this one - probably an easy fix. I recently upgraded from W7 to W10 on our PC and ever since then my internet radio which... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Mwddrwg, Aug 20, 2015.

1. Mwddrwg Win User

Arranging music files for streaming

Hope someone can help with this one - probably an easy fix.

I recently upgraded from W7 to W10 on our PC and ever since then my internet radio which streams tracks from the PC has started sorting the albums and the tracks into alphabetica order instead of the order they should come within each album. Have tried everything I can think of to sort it but no luck. Anyone have any idea what to check?

Many thanks for any help

:)

Mwddrwg, Aug 20, 2015
  2. KhakiMan Win User

why is my windows phone so useless as a media player

I had the same problem as you, even after installing the Windows Phone 8.1Dev Preview. Turns out, it's a simple fix...

Open the Music app

Open the settings

Turn off "Show streaming music in my collection"

Restart your phone by turning it off, then on

It seems that Xbox music streaming will interfere with some music file you own and not allow them to play. After you change the setting and restart, the app will just look for the music files on the device and play properly.

Hopefully, an app update will let physical and streamed music peacefully coexist, with physical files taking precedence.

KhakiMan, Aug 20, 2015
  3. garym123 Win User
    send music via bluetooth

You can not stream music to the phone. You can only stream music from the phone via Bluetooth.

or

You can send music files to the phone via BT from the laptop.

Don't know which you want to do.

garym123, Aug 20, 2015
Thema:

Arranging music files for streaming

1. Arranging music files for streaming - Similar Threads - Arranging music files

2. AUDIO IS DISTORTING WHILE STREAMING MUSIC.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    AUDIO IS DISTORTING WHILE STREAMING MUSIC.: AUDIO IS DISTORTING WHILE STREAMING MUSIC. STOPS AFTER I MOVE THE MOUSE AROUND BUT STARTS AGAIN AFTER AWHILE, AGAIN MOVING MOUSE STOPS IT. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-is-distorting-while-streaming-music/1985d45d-e6b2-4e7c-9eef-ccd62d2ce67b
  3. MS SiriusXM Streaming Music App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS SiriusXM Streaming Music App: The subject app ran into serious problems earlier this year. Many users have complained of the same problem - getting a Streaming Paused message followed by halt in the music. The message claims the listener is logged in on another device listening to streaming music when...
  4. File Arrangement

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Arrangement: How do I manually change the order of files in a folder? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-arrangement/3d707450-b677-493b-b594-e822985a3c39
  5. auto arrange for files

auto arrange for files: how do u turn off auto arrange for files in a given folder? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/auto-arrange-for-files/adb546c5-6a10-4206-836b-87de3e033609"
  6. Music streaming bitrate fixed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Music streaming bitrate fixed: My Chord DAC can set its resolution to the incoming bitrate (which varies from 44.1kHz to 192 kHz or higher) from services such as Tidal, but Windows 10 sound function only allows one fixed bitrate to be selected from the dropdown menu in Sound/Playback/Digital Output...
  7. Streaming music

in Windows 10 Customization
    Streaming music: Following upgrade of computer (win 10), my Sony dvd player opens albums with the tracks displayed (and played) in alphabetical order...not the intended track order. Never did this before. Any ideas?...
  8. Streaming music on bluetooth disconnects wifi

Streaming music on bluetooth disconnects wifi: Having upgraded form 8.1 to Windows 10 I now find that streaming music on bluetooth disconnects wifi. It does this every time within a few minuets. (Bluetooth and Adapter drivers are up to date.) I have changed the virgin super hub from channel 1 to 12 but problem remains)...
  9. Music Library "Arrange By" function is empty

in Windows 10 Support
    Music Library "Arrange By" function is empty: Hello, I have this weird problem with my music library folder. When I select any parameter on the "Arrange By" function, it returns that the folder is empty. The problem is, that I have over 7000 mp3 files in the folder, and it doesn't sort by Album for example. How...
  10. Music folder 'arrange by' function

in Windows 10 Support
    Music folder 'arrange by' function: Hello, There is a great feature in win7 explorer that you can arrange your music in the music folder by a few options such as albums, genre and artist. There is a way to get it again in win10 explorer? Example: [img] 16322

Users found this page by searching for:

1. arranging music files