Windows 10: Arrow key acts as it's pressed up only on windows applications

Discus and support Arrow key acts as it's pressed up only on windows applications in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm having an issue where my arrow key is acting like it's constantly being pressed up several times per second. What's really odd is that it only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by pimattso, Aug 13, 2018.

1. pimattso Win User

Arrow key acts as it's pressed up only on windows applications

I'm having an issue where my arrow key is acting like it's constantly being pressed up several times per second. What's really odd is that it only happens in windows OS apps, such as the start menu, control panel, or on my pinned applications as in the attached picture. When left clicking on my apps, it's constantly scrolling up, cycling through all of the options, which makes it really difficult to do anything in the start menu, control panel, et cetera. Once in a non-windows application however, everything works fine.

One item that may or may not be pertinent: I have a cat who's favorite hobby is to walk all over my keyboard, so I have a hunch that she may be the culprit here.

Arrow key acts as it's pressed up only on windows applications [​IMG]Arrow key acts as it's pressed up only on windows applications [​IMG]

:)

pimattso, Aug 13, 2018

2. down arrow key stopped working

My razor lycosa down arrow key decided to not respond at some point today. The other ones work and so does the numpad arrow if i turn off the numlock. Sounds like its just broken and im screwed, but any suggestions?

Hybrid_theory, Aug 13, 2018
  3. Julie Ram Win User
    Ctrl + Alt + Arrow Key hotkey not working

Hi,

Keyboard features in Windows can make navigation, tasks, and functions quicker and easier. To provide you the appropriate resolution on how to make keyboard shortcuts working on your HP Pavilion, we would like to know more information. Kindly answer the
    questions below:

• Which version and OS build of Windows 10 is currently installed? To check, press
      Windows key, type winver then, press Enter key.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • When you press "Ctrl + Alt + Arrow key", what is your desired result?

Looking forward to your response for further assistance.

Julie Ram, Aug 13, 2018
  4. Arapegio Win User

Windows application false key press / intermittent scrolling

So out of the blue last night my PC is acting as if the up arrow key is being spammed, so in windows 10 applications, such as right clicking on a program on the taskbar, opening the start menu, windows settings, it will continually scroll up. Here is an example of what I mean: Desktop 2018.06.17 - 10.39.56.01Trim - Streamable

I have tried to uninstall my keyboard and mouse drivers, rebooting and pluging them back in, as well as uninstalling them and using multiple different keyboards. The part I can't figure out is this happens only in windows applications, chrome, discord, etc. all function normally. When I run diagnostic on my keyboard it says "USB Composite device is an older USB device and might not work with USB 3.0, Plug the device into an availiable USB 2.0 port, and click Next. Otherwise, click cancel." But I tried that and nothing changed. I have not recently installed any programs, I've done virus scans, and did not have any windows updates the day this started. One moment it was fine, the next this started. Anyone have any suggestions?

Arapegio, Aug 13, 2018
Thema:

1. Arrow key acts as it's pressed up only on windows applications - Similar Threads - Arrow key acts

2. tab and arrow key automatically pressing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    tab and arrow key automatically pressing: my tab and right arrow keys are pressed sutomatically , i have been facing this issue for quite some time now. I tried all the methods in this similar thread other than the keyboard driver uninstall since i have not attached any external keyboards...
  3. tab and arrow key automatically pressing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    tab and arrow key automatically pressing: my tab and right arrow keys are pressed sutomatically , i have been facing this issue for quite some time now. I tried all the methods in this similar thread other than the keyboard driver uninstall since i have not attached any external keyboards...
  4. Windows acting as UP key is stuck but only in certain scenarios.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows acting as UP key is stuck but only in certain scenarios.: Hey!So basically after a windows update the other day, my PC is acting as if the UP key is stuck, however [important note] it does not do it when I use any apps, using Chrome or when I'm browsing folders on the PC. It only does it when I'm trying to use the menu bar, when I...
  5. Windows acting as UP key is stuck but only in certain scenarios.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows acting as UP key is stuck but only in certain scenarios.: Hey!So basically after a windows update the other day, my PC is acting as if the UP key is stuck, however [important note] it does not do it when I use any apps, using Chrome or when I'm browsing folders on the PC. It only does it when I'm trying to use the menu bar, when I...
  6. Arrow keys act stuck only while using windows functions

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Arrow keys act stuck only while using windows functions: When ever I use a windows function it slams as far right or far down as it can go like my arrow key is stuck. Does not happen in any other menu or in games or while surfing. Only buggy while in anything that comes with window Gamebar, calender, start menu, setting, ect....
  7. Windows keeps pressing the arrow down key

Windows keeps pressing the arrow down key: Hi I seem to have a problem with my windows OS as it occasionally just keeps the down key pressed after the autoupdate of win 10. I know this is a windows issue cause my lap top and keyboard was working normally. Has anyone had this issue before or resolved this? as it can be...
  8. My Q key presses the up arrow key

My Q key presses the up arrow key: Hello! So, a few days ago, I was playing a game, which uses the Q key to dash. Then, suddenly, Q key was not working anymore. After a few tries, I realized the Q key was working, but not for up, left and right, only for down. I can't use the ctrl key anymore, and my q key is...
  9. Windows keeps pressing the arrow down key

Windows keeps pressing the arrow down key: Hi I seem to have a problem with my windows OS as it occasionally just keeps the down key pressed so I cannot use the menus or even change my sound source. I know this is a windows issue and not a hardware issue as I work from home using the same setup on the same system but...
  10. Ctrl Key acting as if it is pressed??

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Ctrl Key acting as if it is pressed??: I'm using surface pro 5th generation with Windows 10. Recently, it is acting as if Ctrl key is pressed while it is not. Please assist. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ctrl-key-acting-as-if-it-is-pressed/c0665232-f51b-421d-9e22-71bc6dcc5535