Windows 10: As of 1511, STILL no way to block bad device Winupdates Install ???

Discus and support As of 1511, STILL no way to block bad device Winupdates Install ??? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; JUst saw where lovely Win10 updates once again installs known bad Conexant drivers. its an aside, but the rules on WHQL must have been relaxed to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by cognus, Dec 13, 2015.

1. cognus Win User

As of 1511, STILL no way to block bad device Winupdates Install ???

JUst saw where lovely Win10 updates once again installs known bad Conexant drivers.
    its an aside, but the rules on WHQL must have been relaxed to the point of a auto-rubberstamp.... anything goes!

does ANYONE know a registry hack or something that can stop this insanity? the Hide/Unhide tool is a placebo.... device drivers do not appear in the Programs & Features inventory [tool renders "no hidden updates found"] . the Hardware Advanced Properties "do not install" button is a placebo. no effect whatsoever.
    about a million threads on this subject and STILL no resolve??
    Fresh from the microsoft Support Desk Chat line this morning 12/14/2015:
    "Microsoft engineers knew about this and working on it. I apologize for the hassle it caused you. 7:28 am"

:)

cognus, Dec 13, 2015
  2. Mahlerite Win User

Hide updates no longer available in Win10?

OK, now IE is back, but WinUpdate still hangs and 50% installation. I can see the following updates:

Cumulative updates fro Win10 version 1511 for x64 systems (KB3116908): waiting for installation

IE Flash Player security update for x64 (KB3103688): waiting for installation

VS2005 Service Pack 1 update (KB2938803): installing (forever... VS is no longer there)

VS2005 SP1 update for Windows Vista: error (VS is no longer there)

VS2005 SP1 XML editor security update (KB2251481): error (VS is no longer there)

I have deleted a bunch of registry entries with "Visual Studio" - after exporting them, just in case, but the WinUpdate still wants to install a security patch for VS2005!

And, no way to turn Windows Defender on, it's always greyed and inactive...

Mahlerite, Dec 13, 2015
  3. WinUpdate 1511 Can't Show

Windows Update 1511 doesn't show on my Windows Updates As of 1511, STILL no way to block bad device Winupdates Install ??? :(

This is what happened:

Actually, the update showed up in the first place. I have tried to download the update. It is currently on 40% when unfortunately, the power in our area suddenly shuts down and my battery was not inserted at that time so my pc shuts down. When the power
    restored, I hurriedly checked Windows Updates and to my surprise, it showed that Some Updates Failed.. blah. blah. blah and just clicked on Retry. To my horror, it showed that
    "Your device is up to date". I tried to clear the Software Distribution Folder inside the Windows Folder in my C drive hoping that Windows 1511 update would reappear and still, my PC still show
    "Your device is up to date". I don't wanna do clean install since I do have lots of important documents and applications here on my PC and I don't have any large sized USB Flash Drive here. If I could have an update that will still keep my
    apps, files and data intact.

Please Help Me As of 1511, STILL no way to block bad device Winupdates Install ??? :(

EvangelistaFamilia2014, Dec 13, 2015
Thema:

As of 1511, STILL no way to block bad device Winupdates Install ???

1. As of 1511, STILL no way to block bad device Winupdates Install ??? - Similar Threads - 1511 STILL block

2. The device, \Device\Harddisk0\DR0, has a bad block.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The device, \Device\Harddisk0\DR0, has a bad block.: Hi all,I've had this error happen about 4 times now the past few days. I've done a CHKDSK scan and it picked up an error but couldnt fully fix it. It behaved itself yesterday but had another error now. My event viewer is filled with bad block error messages.Any other...
  3. The device, \Device\Harddisk0\DR0, has a bad block.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The device, \Device\Harddisk0\DR0, has a bad block.: Hi all,I've had this error happen about 4 times now the past few days. I've done a CHKDSK scan and it picked up an error but couldnt fully fix it. It behaved itself yesterday but had another error now. My event viewer is filled with bad block error messages.Any other...
  4. The device, \Device\Harddisk1\DR1, has a bad block.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The device, \Device\Harddisk1\DR1, has a bad block.: Hi everyone, I have been having this specific error popping up in Event Viewer for the past couple of days. I have narrowed it down to my NVMe drive, which is a XPG GAMMIX S11 Pro 256.0 GB, although I am not sure what is really going on. OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro...
  5. Is there a way to block bad sectors on a HDD?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Is there a way to block bad sectors on a HDD?: Windows 10 Version 1909. My wifes harddisk have some bad sectors, we are aware of this and the harddisk will be replaced eventually. But right now she have to keep using it. I have promised help her format and reinstall Windows 10 on her PC. Is there any way i can mark...
  6. Bad adds block

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bad adds block: Sometimes are Adds Are very cheap in show notification Please reqwuest all adds are Blocked and don't show again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bad-adds-block/af116ac5-5317-4a9f-a028-ff2eba4849f8
  7. Best way to revert to Build 1511?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Best way to revert to Build 1511?: I have currently AU installed and do not have any longer the option "Roll Back" to 1511. I have a System Image from AU with the option to Roll-Back to 1511. Will that work, or System will Delete at once that Option when I start from it? Are there other options? 63504
  8. Bad Version 1511 NVIDIA Driver Update?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bad Version 1511 NVIDIA Driver Update?: I have Windows 10 Pro, Version 1511. I've not updated to Version 1607 because of FUD regarding the NVIDIA drivers. Starting a couple of days ago, just after a Windows update, I have a 1511 problem: when I boot up, the displays (I have 4) blink at seemingly random times, and...
  9. Updated Version 1511 to anniversary update, 1607, but still at 1511

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Updated Version 1511 to anniversary update, 1607, but still at 1511: Hello all. Running windows 10 pro 64 bit. I've updated from Version 1511 to the anniversary update, 1607. Or at least, I thought I did. The update went well, no hiccups, no errors. Used windows update, let it downloaded and install and rebooted. Alas, system...
  10. The device, \Device\Harddisk1\DR1, has a bad block

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The device, \Device\Harddisk1\DR1, has a bad block: I was copying a large file from my main system disc (which I just successfully extracted from a .rar file moments earlier) to a USB thumb drive today using Fastcopy, and it popped up a CRC read error during the copy phase, before it was even half-way through. I tried twice...