Windows 10: As soon as I open an app with a lower default resolution, a notification appears warning me...

Discus and support As soon as I open an app with a lower default resolution, a notification appears warning me... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The game Garry's Mod has a very low default resolution of 600 x 400, as it's fairly old. This should be no big deal -- I could just change the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Andrew Irwin, Aug 16, 2018.

1. As soon as I open an app with a lower default resolution, a notification appears warning me...

The game Garry's Mod has a very low default resolution of 600 x 400, as it's fairly old. This should be no big deal -- I could just change the resolution to native once I'm in the game. However, as soon as I launch it or switch Windows, a notification pops up telling me that something's wrong with my resolution/UI scale, covering a good portion of the screen. Interacting with this notification in any way or even waiting a few seconds forces a view change out of the game. This makes it impossible to change the resolution to what it should be.

Note that at the moment, I have all notifications disabled. I don't want this notification and it shouldn't exist. Furthermore, I'm playing in full-screen mode, and the notification shouldn't be able to display over the game.

This is, by far, the most infuriating bug I have ever experienced.

The following link is a video of what's going on. https://www.dropbox.com/s/q9rec7znvl4zlcd/infuriating%20notifications.mp4?dl=0

I have two questions:

1. How can I stop this from happening, and why on earth is it happening in the first place?

2. Why didn't disabling all notifications not actually disable all notifications, and I how can I actually prevent all notifications whatsoever from ever appearing in any case?

3. If for some god-forsaken reason I foolishly decide to re-enable notifications, how can I prevent them from appearing over full-screen programs?

:)

Andrew Irwin, Aug 16, 2018

2. Black background on images & lower resolution in photo's app

Hello John,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

As the issue only occurs with Photo app, this might be the app issue. Let's try the below steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: I would suggest you to run the Troubleshooter for Windows App and see if it helps to resolve the issue.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Step 2: Change the screen resolution and check if it helps:

• Type Change screen resolution in the Search
      box from the desktop.

• Under Resolution search for the
      Recommended
      or any other resolution and click on Apply.

• A windows pops up saying "Keep these display settings", then select
      Keep changes.

Try the above suggestion and let us know if it helps. For further assistance feel free to post your queries in Microsoft forums. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Aug 16, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Facebook and Messenger app not showing notifications

We appreciate you for providing the information to us.

If the Messenger app doesn't show on the list under Notifications & Actions, it's possible that there are too many apps that are using the push notification. There is a limit to the number of apps you have installed that has push notifications enabled. You
    may consider removing other apps that are not in use and check if it helps.

In addition, you can also try to check the Default App for Protocol to prioritize Messenger as the default. To do this, follow the steps listed below:

• Type Default app settings in the Search bar.
    • Click Choose default apps by protocol.
    • Look for the Messenger app then click on it.
    • Restart PC and check if it works.
    Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Eileen Gal, Aug 16, 2018
  4. As soon as I open an app with a lower default resolution, a notification appears warning me...

(SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

jboydgolfer, Aug 16, 2018
Thema:

As soon as I open an app with a lower default resolution, a notification appears warning me...

1. As soon as I open an app with a lower default resolution, a notification appears warning me... - Similar Threads - soon open app

2. All applications opening in lower resolution

in Windows 10 Customization
    All applications opening in lower resolution: My laptop has a 1920x1080 display resolution. I was working on my laptop, when suddenly everything became slightly blurry. I did a quick online resolution check, and it seems like Chrome the window on which I was working was displaying a resolution of 1280x720. The basic...
  3. Recommended Resolution lower than the highest resolution

Recommended Resolution lower than the highest resolution: I am using windows 10 pro with AMD rx 570updated driver and in the settings it is showing that the recommended resolutions to be 1024x768 instead of 1920x1080. I of course will prefer to use the latter resolution so should I continue using at the highest resolution and ignore...
  4. Active SIgnal Resolution lower than Desktop Resolution

Active SIgnal Resolution lower than Desktop Resolution: I recently got a new monitor Samsung sj55w. its a 3440 x 1440p 75hz monitor. I applied an 85hz overclock to it. I noticed it was looking really grainy while programming. I went to my display settings -> advanced settings and noticed that the active signal resolution is...
  5. Open File Warning Notification Help?

in Windows 10 Support
    Open File Warning Notification Help?: Hi everyone! I'm a little baffled. I'm not a pro when it comes to IT but I'll have a good go at trying to work things out. I need my Win 10 Pro laptop to pass an external office audit. As part of the audit it must issue a Open File Warning message when opening certain file...
  6. warning notification on desktop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    warning notification on desktop: [ATTACH] this popped up around the same time as 'norton is about to expire' I never had Norton Any idea wher this is in files,it does not seem to be in notifacation s...
  7. Notifications: System Warning

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Notifications: System Warning: Hello, I am getting a lot of notifications like the one attached. Could anyone please help me to rectify this issue? Regards Emi [ATTACH] [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notifications-system-warning/3c47f151-047f-4755-a292-b3cbd317c9ef"
  8. Warning on default app opening docx file

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Warning on default app opening docx file: I upgraded my 8.1 laptop to 10 about 2 weeks ago now. Basically all is OK, but I do run in to quirks here and there. The latest one is that whenever I dbl-click a .docx (or a .doc) on the desktop or in filemanager, I get the warning below. It nonetheless opens the file...
  9. An App Default was Reset notification opens Settings - no information

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    An App Default was Reset notification opens Settings - no information: Hi, Action Centre has occasionally displayed one or several "An App Default was Reset /An app caused a problem with the default app" notifications. Clicking such a notification simply opens Settings. This I find particularly unhelpful. Have you seen this, and is...
  10. Lowering resolution for tiring eyes

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Lowering resolution for tiring eyes: Hi, I'm looking to get some advice about 13.3" laptops because my daughter is looking to buy one and I've told her to not get anything less than 1920 x 1080 resolution. I admit however that on a display smaller than 15.6", it starts getting small. Years ago I remember when...