Windows 10: asking for activation after resetting windows a couple of times

Discus and support asking for activation after resetting windows a couple of times in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I recently bought a new laptop with windows 11 pre-installed. after installing windows update, the windows was corrupted and it wouldn't boot. after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Sarthak Verma2, May 15, 2024.

1. asking for activation after resetting windows a couple of times

I recently bought a new laptop with windows 11 pre-installed. after installing windows update, the windows was corrupted and it wouldn't boot. after resetting windows for a couple of timesreset twice, corrupted after update, I have reset it again but now it's asking to active windows 11. How can I get my previous activation key?

:)

Sarthak Verma2, May 15, 2024

2. Windows Activation?

Windows will do this if it detects a significant (their word, questionable use) hardware change, and will ask you to reactivate.

After a key has been activated X number of times, you will have to call to activate it.

Couple of tips for the phone call: You can use your keypad, and when they're telling you keys, instead of saying "Repeat that" and "Continue" type 1 and 2. With these tips, that activation call will only last you about 4 and a half minutes.

DanishDevil, May 15, 2024
  3. NavyLCDR Win User
    Reset repair - now loss of activation

I'm curious why you didn't provide the troubleshooting info @cereberus asked for in his reply? slmgr /dlv

That is truly the first step we needed to provide accurate advice.

This is the result we are looking for:

asking for activation after resetting windows a couple of times 125487d1489760283t-reset-repair-now-loss-activation-capture.jpg

NavyLCDR, May 15, 2024
  4. asking for activation after resetting windows a couple of times

Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, May 15, 2024
Thema:

asking for activation after resetting windows a couple of times

1. asking for activation after resetting windows a couple of times - Similar Threads - asking activation resetting

2. asking for activation after resetting windows a couple of times

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    asking for activation after resetting windows a couple of times: I recently bought a new laptop with windows 11 pre-installed. after installing windows update, the windows was corrupted and it wouldn't boot. after resetting windows for a couple of timesreset twice, corrupted after update, I have reset it again but now it's asking to active...
  3. Will Windows 10 ask for the activation key after doing a Factory Reset?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Will Windows 10 ask for the activation key after doing a Factory Reset?: I've lost a lot of performance recently and before upgrading my pc, I want to factory reset it and hopefully get rid of something that may be causing the loss in performance. But I've been scared to do so since I do not know where or if I even wrote down my Windows activation...
  4. Will Windows 10 ask for the activation key after doing a Factory Reset?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will Windows 10 ask for the activation key after doing a Factory Reset?: I've lost a lot of performance recently and before upgrading my pc, I want to factory reset it and hopefully get rid of something that may be causing the loss in performance. But I've been scared to do so since I do not know where or if I even wrote down my Windows activation...
  5. Will Windows 10 ask for the activation key after doing a Factory Reset?

6. Windows 10 asking for activation after activation

Windows 10 asking for activation after activation: Hi.Windows 10 Home activated but keep getting activation message.No option to troubleshoot or call MS activation support.Are there any solutions?Thanks....
  7. Windows 10 asking for activation after activation

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 asking for activation after activation: Hi.Windows 10 Home activated but keep getting activation message.No option to troubleshoot or call MS activation support.Are there any solutions?Thanks....
  8. Windows 10 asking for activation after activation

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Asking to activate windows after already activated

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Asking to activate windows after already activated: I originally bought a pc with windows 8.1 installed and the product key sticker on the side. I later upgraded to windows 10 for free. I upgraded this pc with a new motherboard some months ago. This week it asked me to active windows again, so I typed in the windows 8.1 key...
  10. Windows 10 asking for password after resetting, which asked for pin all the time before the...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 asking for password after resetting, which asked for pin all the time before the...: After resetting my laptop to fix the little slowdown from about 30 minutes of gameplay, it is now asking for a password that I don't even remember putting. There is literally no other option but to enter my username and password, or email and password. I entered everything I...