Windows 10: Asking for Help on Customizing Font

Discus and support Asking for Help on Customizing Font in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello all! I have no technical knowledge of computer. On XP, as far as I can remember, I edited a file, which I now can't remember, in the program... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Hemmati, Jan 12, 2018.

1. Hemmati Win User

Asking for Help on Customizing Font

Hello all! I have no technical knowledge of computer. On XP, as far as I can remember, I edited a file, which I now can't remember, in the program "Restorator" and changed the font size as befitted my needs. In Windows 7, I think I had no serious problem concerning the size of the font. Unfortunately, in Windows 10 I've had to do a lot of more customization than the previous versions with no success in changing the font size.

I've read perhaps all that has been posted here and elsewhere and have tried Winaero Tweaker,[1] changesize, and advchange[2] as well with no desirable result. Your suggestions and these programs only help to increase the font size ignoring the suitable lines-distance required. Please help me through kindly telling which resource file(s) on Windows 10 should be hacked in this regard or if there already exists a designed theme with bigger font size. Thanks past measure.

As you see in the following, the font size is increased with no proportion with the distance between the lines (the characters "g" and "p", for instance, are not wholly visible due to improper vertical space between the font characters):

[1] Winaero - Free small and useful software for Windows
    [2] System Font Size Changer - WinTools.Info

:)

Hemmati, Jan 12, 2018

2. Deleting third party fonts

Hi,

Is there a way to delete third party/custom fonts, I have a lot and don't want to delete them manually and accidentally removing Windows fonts.

Tried searching on the internet, but didn't really find anything that could help me. Reverting the fonts won't delete the custom fonts.

Thank you in advance.

Cynthia DC, Jan 12, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Creators Update fonts issue

Still broken for the Creators Fall Update, it seems...

Symptoms we see in Word for custom installed fonts are:

• Fonts not displaying correctly in the Fonts list.
    • Using a font causes the "Insufficient disk space or memory..." error.

Custom fonts do not appear in the system Fonts folder, and some standard fonts are greyed out. Attempts to reinstall custom fonts indicate they are already installed.

Wordpad: custom fonts are invisible in the fonts list. They can be selected by typing their name, but the font type does not display correctly.

Suggested workarounds have been tried with no success. We're really hoping Microsoft will prioritize this issue, as the media company I work at uses custom fonts heavily.

As mentioned in this thread already, fonts work fine with pre-1703 Windows 10 versions.

contractor22, Jan 12, 2018
  4. Berton Win User

There in nothing after the colon, no example showing.

Berton, Jan 12, 2018
  5. Hemmati Win User
    Hi, Berton! To me it is displayed. Perhaps I've not uploaded the image correctly. Anyway, it is to show that the lower part of some characters, such as "g" and "j" or "q", is not seen. I had uploaded the image but not selected it. Sorry! You're right.

Hemmati, Jan 12, 2018
  6. Hemmati Win User
    Formerly, when I tried changing the scale in Display Setting, the bigger size of the text and the screen caused incompatibilities with some applications. To my surprise, I now see no incompatibilities and all is OK! I hereby announce the thread as solved. Excuse me all.

Hemmati, Jan 12, 2018
  7. Hemmati Win User
    Referring to my previous thread which I thought was solved (Asking for Help on Customizing Font Solved - Windows 10 Forums), I should point out that custom scaling in Display Settings is still incompatible with some applications and does not do. The problem still needs consideration and should be solved in a way. I wonder why Win 98 was much more flawless and customizable than the later versions of MS Windows!!!! The pictures below show nCleaner's main screen before and after the change of scaling. The pic above is related to the time after custom scaling and the pic at bottom to the stage before scaling. To exit nCleaner after custom scaling, we should click somewhere outside the program's screen instead of clicking the Close button!!! *cry *Smile

Hemmati, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Asking for Help on Customizing Font - Similar Threads - Asking Help Customizing

2. Custom font, is it safe?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Custom font, is it safe?: This box says it may be difficult to get back to your default font size.I don't get itWhy would it be difficult? You just change the font back to the original size no?...
  3. Custom font, is it safe?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Custom font, is it safe?: This box says it may be difficult to get back to your default font size.I don't get itWhy would it be difficult? You just change the font back to the original size no?...
  4. Custom Font Time Bug

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Custom Font Time Bug: [ATTACH] Just WTF? ¯_(ツ)_/¯ I set the font using this script: Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts]) "Segoe UI (TrueType"="") "Segoe UI Bold (TrueType"="") "Segoe UI Bold Italic...
  5. Paint 3D - text; no custom colour, no custom font size

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Paint 3D - text; no custom colour, no custom font size: Hey There,I am using paint 3D,and I use it to make a simple, transparent logo, containing a word.Therefore I use the text editor.But, to my unfortune, I cannot select any custom colours or font size for the word.Is there anyone who can tell me, if there is a way to do...
  6. Paint 3D - text; no custom colour, no custom font size

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Paint 3D - text; no custom colour, no custom font size: Hey There,I am using paint 3D,and I use it to make a simple, transparent logo, containing a word.Therefore I use the text editor.But, to my unfortune, I cannot select any custom colours or font size for the word.Is there anyone who can tell me, if there is a way to do...
  7. Custom fonts not accessible after restart

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Custom fonts not accessible after restart: After restarting my PC, my custom installed fonts are no longer accessible by any program. In the windows setting menu, it is not listed as a font, but the file is still present in the C:\Windows\Fonts folder. Once I go to the original .ttf font file and install it, it asks...
  8. Custom fonts lack certain characters

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Custom fonts lack certain characters: Have tried installing custom fonts recently. Everything was just fine, however literally all fonts lack some special characters in them. The ones I've found are "previous", "pause", and "next" in the windows player. Not sure how exactly to fix this, but maybe there's a way...
  9. custom fonts

in Windows 10 Customization
    custom fonts: I wish to make a custom font i downloaded online my default font. The font in question is "Rogue Hero Regular" the reason for this font is i wish to make my laptop deadpool themed. Yet when i set it as my "default font" through the .reg method it still reverses back to...
  10. custom fonts to embed in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    custom fonts to embed in windows 10: Why cant you change the font throughout the windows 10 platform? I'd like to change mine to Iron Maiden font for the entire computer! Anyone know a way around the strict/ lame font settings??...