Windows 10: Asking for Password that Doesn't Exist after Win 10 Update

Discus and support Asking for Password that Doesn't Exist after Win 10 Update in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; After Win 10/Win Defender Update, 2016 Dell 7000 laptop it is requiring a password that doesn't exist! Again there was never a password, but it gives a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by SJL, Jun 17, 2018.

1. SJL
    SJL Win User

Asking for Password that Doesn't Exist after Win 10 Update

After Win 10/Win Defender Update, 2016 Dell 7000 laptop it is requiring a password that doesn't exist! Again there was never a password, but it gives a hint of "Yr"! Have tried every date I could think of w/no luck! Have been in Win forums and support pages using primary Win 8 desktop PC, to no avail!

It will not respond to F8 or any "F" commands for that matter, so no Safe Mode! The only thing that it will respond to 50% of the time is pressing "Shift" then Restart, which takes me to a light blue "Choose an Option" screen. These 4 options are about as useful as the lame suggestions in the various support forums, where these geniuses suggest going to various files/folders...which would be nice if not Locked out!! It's like saying my engine won't start and the best answer is, "just drive it to the mechanic"... Sorry, just frustrated bc all was well until today's update!
    Although a first for me, seems to be a common issue w/Win 10, which I've had since '16 and still not a fan in spite of the few improvements... Please advise with a viable solution. Keep in mind, there was never a password and I'm locked out, so No access to PC, files, utility, etc.
    Thank you,

:)

2. CD-ROM doesn`t work with win 10

After I installed Win 10 my CD ROM doesn`t work any longer. Does somebody have an solution?

geirrykhus, Jun 18, 2018
  3. Berton Win User
    NO Internet - Wlan password change not possible!

Are you seeing your Router in the Wireless Connection list when clicking on the icon in the Notification area? If so, clicking your Router's name in that list should give a choice to connect then enter the password you set in the Router. That routine works also in Linux and Mac OS X, not exactly OS/Operating System specific. The afore-mentioned list will usually show a number of Routers around you, most will have a very low strength and should be passworded or locked.

Berton, Jun 18, 2018
  4. Asking for Password that Doesn't Exist after Win 10 Update

Upgrade to windows 10. Current password doesn t work

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. I will assist you with this.

Please let us know

• Are you logged in with a local account or Microsoft account?
    • Have you tried typing the password with On-Screen keyboard?
    I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: On-Screen Keyboard

You may use the accessibility options to pop open a on-screen keyboard and type the password from there to make sure you are typing the correct password.

If the issue persists,

Step 2:

If you see your email address listed there, it must be a Microsoft account. You will be able to reset the password and log in if your PC is connected to internet.

Refer,

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-live/account-reset-password-forgot-faq

Hope this information was helpful.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Jun 18, 2018
Thema:

Asking for Password that Doesn't Exist after Win 10 Update

1. Asking for Password that Doesn't Exist after Win 10 Update - Similar Threads - Asking Password Doesn't

2. Windows Update asking for email password after updating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update asking for email password after updating: Once again a Windows update breaks my PC, this is every second or third update I lose a hard drive, damage a CPU/GPU or have to reinstall Windows, but this time after going through a FULL Windows setup after updating, which I only had to do 2 weeks ago, it is asking me for...
  3. Windows Update asking for email password after updating

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update asking for email password after updating: Once again a Windows update breaks my PC, this is every second or third update I lose a hard drive, damage a CPU/GPU or have to reinstall Windows, but this time after going through a FULL Windows setup after updating, which I only had to do 2 weeks ago, it is asking me for...
  4. After fingerprint registration Windows 10 doesn't ask for fingerprint or password on startup.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    After fingerprint registration Windows 10 doesn't ask for fingerprint or password on startup.: Hi, I am facing a problem from when I bought my new laptop. I have the latest version of windows 10 pro. My laptop name is Lenovo Thinkbook 15 gen2 and Device ID is CF4B4B95-D049-41EB-B79E-3E3AA28B8A90. I try many things to solve this problem but I didn't solve this problem....
  5. Asking for a PIN that doesn't exist.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Asking for a PIN that doesn't exist.: Good afternoon! I'm hoping you can help us out. A user in my company is experiencing issues with his Windows Hello function. He's being asked for a PIN every time he logs in to his PC using a standard password and claims he's never created a PIN. The request appears at...
  6. Outlook asking for password after 2004 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Outlook asking for password after 2004 update: I have a user who has two computers, one Lenovo X1 Carbon and a Surface Pro. Both are set up the same way with a local user, Office apps through a 365 subscription, files synced to DropBox and so on. After he updated both machines to the 2004 update, Outlook keeps asking for...
  7. Win 10 not asking for password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Win 10 not asking for password: How do I insert a password that must be entered before Win 10 can start. The machine currently open Windows without requesting a password. 151824
  8. Win 10 system restore asking for password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Win 10 system restore asking for password: i have tried every password. ive changed what i thought was admin password, ive created another account and made it admin status, tried restore computer, picked the new admin with the password and still not working. ive tried the 4 digit number also this is so...
  9. Asking for Password not Exist after Update

Asking for Password not Exist after Update: After Win 10/Win Defender Update, 2016 Dell 7000 laptop it is requiring a password that doesn't exist! Again there was never a password, but it gives a hint of "Yr"! Have tried every date I could think of w/no luck! Have been in Win forums and support pages using primary Win...
  10. Win 10 asking for password all of a sudden

Win 10 asking for password all of a sudden: I have had Win 10 for 2 yrs and had it set to not ask for my password upon boot up. No one uses the PC other than me. Today for the first time it asked me for my password so I had to use 'forgot password' and set one up to get in. I have checked and 'netplwiz' is set NOT to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 asking for password after update

2. which is the user name and password if they doesnt exist

3. windows asking for password after update

4. Win 10 asking for password inspite of NETPLWIZ setting is cleared