Windows 10: asking info about a Clean Install and activation of Win 10

Discus and support asking info about a Clean Install and activation of Win 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My upgrade to Win 10 all appears to be OK, and at onetime it even said that is was ACTIVATED, but later after I went to settings, it reverted back to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by acmanten, Aug 24, 2015.

1. acmanten Win User

asking info about a Clean Install and activation of Win 10

My upgrade to Win 10 all appears to be OK, and at onetime it even said that is was ACTIVATED, but later after I went to settings, it reverted back to saying not activated,,, and one of the other places it still says it is activated, but itne systems it say the it is not actived now.

So, my question is: Do you think if I did a "Clean install" that maybe I would be able to get it activated ?

Thanks for your comments. Cliff M

:)

acmanten, Aug 24, 2015
  2. mlg63 Win User

Wnidows 10 Media Creation Tool stuck at 0% trying to create ISO

As you might know, installing the 64 bit version requires a clean install. It cannot be installed "over" windows 10 32 bits. You will have problems with activation doing a clean install since the free offer requires qualifying windows 7 or 8.1 to be installed.
    Win 10 will install when you do the clean install but you will have to provide the activation key or buy a license. See the warning in Andre's directions about a clean install. Read this new info about activation--

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/activation-in-windows-10

You might reconsider installing 64 bits and keep the free 32 bits.

mlg63, Aug 24, 2015
  3. Activation of Win 10 after a clean install

No

the way the licensing works is in order to be eligible for the free upgrade offer, you have to have a qualifying version of windows installed, and then update from there to windows 10, otherwise, you have to pay

Barcode.Zero., Aug 24, 2015
  4. Tony K Win User

Hi there, Cliff.

Let's check your activation status first. Press WinKey/X > Choose Command Prompt (Admin) > Copy the command below > Right click on the Command Prompt window header > Choose "Edit" > Then "Paste" > Press Enter. A window should appear giving status.

slmgr /xpr

Tony K, Aug 24, 2015
  5. Hard to say -- for sure. Yeah, everyone's going to tell you that a clean install is automatically going to reactivate -- but, they're only really guessing because that is what it is SUPPOSED to do. But then, it's NOT supposed to be saying activated in one place and NOT activated in another place.

Have you tried using the slmgr commands? This thread shows you how to check: How to check your activation....

Mark Phelps, Aug 24, 2015
  6. acmanten Win User
    OK, tks, and I will try that @home on that win 10 desktop tonight...
    tks, cliff M.

acmanten, Aug 24, 2015
  7. acmanten Win User
    tks, and I had no idea before about that way to check the status.

Maybe this is a good time to ask. Is there anyway on Ten-Forums that a user is able to FORWARD a message like the one above to himself ? tks Cliff M.

acmanten, Aug 24, 2015
  8. Tony K Win User

You're welcome.

Actually this command gives more detail: slmgr /dlv

Tony K, Aug 24, 2015
  9. Tony K Win User
    The only thing I can think of is to copy and paste it into an email to yourself.

Tony K, Aug 24, 2015
  10. NavyLCDR New Member
    But that one won't contain a key piece of info the OP would be looking for - the expiration date of the activation asking info about a Clean Install and activation of Win 10 :).

NavyLCDR, Aug 24, 2015
  11. Tony K Win User
    Thanks. I stand corrected. It's slmgr/xpr

Tony K, Aug 24, 2015
  12. lx07 Win User
    Actually it does. Here is slmgr /dlv for my 10240 partition (no expiry) and my 10525 (expiry next July). slmgr /xpr says "permanently activated" in both cases.

slmgr /dlv on an activated windows 10 upgraded to 10525 preview

asking info about a Clean Install and activation of Win 10 [​IMG]

slmgr /dlv on an activated 10240 RTM version

asking info about a Clean Install and activation of Win 10 [​IMG]

13. kbz1960 Win User

I upgraded and then did a clean install with an ISO. No issue with activation.

kbz1960, Aug 24, 2015
  14. acmanten Win User
    Halasz

I am so happy to see your post.. and the info you show in it.
    That is exactly the info I have been looking for to determine activation of my system.

Thanks, so much... and please see below.. at the graphic that I will try to append showing my upgraded win 10 system. IT sure is good to see this info. Happy Camper...

Thanks to you and many others that have helped me to get my win 7/8/8.1 to Windows 10 system working and usable.
    Attachment 33844

All be safe. Cliff M.

acmanten, Aug 25, 2015
  15. acmanten Win User
    Much thanks for all for your help..... and any posts I have read...
    all be safe. cliff M.

acmanten, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. asking info about a Clean Install and activation of Win 10 - Similar Threads - asking info Clean

2. Quarry about windows clean installation and product activation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Quarry about windows clean installation and product activation: If i do a clean installation of windows 10 in a laptop that comes with pre-installed windows in any case if windows can't recognise my laptop what should I do ?...
  3. CLEAN INSTALL OF WIN 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    CLEAN INSTALL OF WIN 10: Attn: Greg Carmack Greg: I am studying your tutorial on doing a CLEAN INSTALL to try to familiarize my self with the process. Your instructions are quite simple to understand but I am getting confused on the link to the article about File History. This is what I understand...
  4. Clean install win 10

Clean install win 10: Hey, I have a toshiba satellite computer. a week ago the computer got into the automatic repair loop. After trying some methods i understood that my only option is to clean install win 10 again. So, i used Rufus to make a bootable usb and when the installation got atarted i...
  5. clean install win 10

clean install win 10: cannot create a partition or find an existing one https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/clean-install-win-10/72c073f8-1a63-4866-b133-7559ced90d03
  6. Win 10 clean install on a new SSD - Activation Questions

Win 10 clean install on a new SSD - Activation Questions: Hi, I had a question for the experts here prior to doing a Windows 10 clean install on a new SSD. Background – My 7-year-old PC came with pre-installed Win 7 Home Basic that I upgraded to Win 10 during the free offer. I used Windows 10 for a couple months before the power...
  7. Clean install of win 10 ?

Clean install of win 10 ?: Hi guys;i could never do a Clean a install of win10 preview on my PC's from a DVD ISO, i get stuck here, see pic; although i can upgrade from win 7 to win 10. the DVD ISO i made was from MS. Image codes: DSC02178 4374
  8. About "clean install"

About "clean install": Windows 10 has a recovery option, comprising of two choices. I know the differences among them, so, yeah. My question is: what's the difference(s) between a bootable disc and recovery? 37283
  9. Install clean Win 10

Install clean Win 10: Hello I used the media creation tool which I had burned to dvd to install win 10 after uupgradingfrom 8.1. I paid strict attention to any place like adv or apply to delete the partitions but found none. I did tell it to bring "nothing" forward in the process. The pc works...
  10. Clean install Win 10

Clean install Win 10: Initial state of machine - Machine Lenovo AIO, win10 home 64bit UEFI Created DVD and USB via media creation tool 64bit win 10 home and booted into both media they load as far as getting all files then reboots. System created 4 partions Disc map on 2TB disc. Partion size...