Windows 10: ASP.NET on welcome screen

Discus and support ASP.NET on welcome screen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I notice ASP.NET on my welcome screen asking for a password. So I selected my account to log in. I deleted the asp.net account but it's still on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Slugger, Aug 13, 2015.

1. Slugger Win User

ASP.NET on welcome screen

I notice ASP.NET on my welcome screen asking for a password. So I selected my account to log in. I deleted the asp.net account but it's still on my welcome screen. How do i get rid of it?

:)

Slugger, Aug 13, 2015

2. ASP.NET 4.0 is not configured in IIS.

Hi Smruti,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I will definitely assist you with the issue.

The issue you posted would be better suited on contacting ASP.NET support team. I would recommend contacting your query in ASP.NET support team for further assistance. Visit the below link for ASP.NET support team:

Support Options for ASP.NET

If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Billion Debbarma, Aug 13, 2015
  3. Anthony Cato, Aug 13, 2015
  4. Slugger Win User

Ok I think I solved it. I reinstalled Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 service pack to get ASP.NET account that I deleted.
    After reboot Win 10 crashed on ndis.sys. I restarted and Windows 10 deleted Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 service pack and continued on to welcome screen . I still had My Microsoft account and ASP.NET account.

(If you have the ASP.NET account continue with the following)
    I then ran netplwiz and selected my account(Your Microsoft account highlighted). Uncheck Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer.
    If it is already unchecked , check it on and reboot, You will have to select your Microsoft account and password to log in. Go back to netplwiz and select your Microsoft account and then uncheck Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer.
    Now I can log in with no problem with my account. NET.ASP doesn't show up on welcome screen.

BTW DO NOT DELETE ASP.NET account

Slugger, Aug 13, 2015
Thema:

1. ASP.NET on welcome screen - Similar Threads - ASP NET welcome

2. Welcome Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Welcome Screen: how can I reduce the time that the welcome screen is displayed when I start up my computer? By "welcome screen" I mean the screen that just shows my user ID and "Welcome"? It is on for FAR TOO LONG and no keystrokes will remove it!! It SO annoying.!...
  3. Welcome Screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Welcome Screen: how can I reduce the time that the welcome screen is displayed when I start up my computer? By "welcome screen" I mean the screen that just shows my user ID and "Welcome"? It is on for FAR TOO LONG and no keystrokes will remove it!! It SO annoying.!...
  4. Welcome Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. ASP .NET application hangs with IIS 8 and Windows server 2012 R2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ASP .NET application hangs with IIS 8 and Windows server 2012 R2: Hello Microsoft Community ,I have an issue that i can't identify it from where it's happening , so let me introduce the issue in bullet points format :Am deploying a .NET Framework application , separated into frontend and backend part into iis in a windows 2012 server .The...
  6. ASP .NET application hangs with IIS 8 and Windows server 2012 R2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ASP .NET application hangs with IIS 8 and Windows server 2012 R2: Hello Microsoft Community ,I have an issue that i can't identify it from where it's happening , so let me introduce the issue in bullet points format :Am deploying a .NET Framework application , separated into frontend and backend part into iis in a windows 2012 server .The...
  7. welcome screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    welcome screen: how do you change the name on welcome screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/welcome-screen/c9c5b56d-6a2c-489d-ab1b-21cd8f67b65f
  8. Welcome screen?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Welcome screen?: How do insert an image to fill the 'empty' default circle on my Welcome screen? Lisa HSJ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/welcome-screen/d916a12b-61ba-4cfb-aec0-db319311f4e0
  9. Welcome Screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Welcome Screen: I would like to know how to remove the "circle with the picture silhouette" from the Windows 10 Anniversary Edition "Welcome" screen. I have already removed lock screen and password items. My desktop computer is only on my home wifi and I use a secure router. I am running...
  10. Welcome screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Welcome screen: *Confused Please help an old fella , how do i get rid of all these welcome screens when i am getting my pc ready ?? windows 10 ty 91215