Windows 10: ASP.NET on welcome screen

Discus and support ASP.NET on welcome screen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I notice ASP.NET on my welcome screen asking for a password. So I selected my account to log in. I deleted the asp.net account but it's still on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Slugger, Aug 13, 2015.

1. Slugger Win User

ASP.NET on welcome screen

I notice ASP.NET on my welcome screen asking for a password. So I selected my account to log in. I deleted the asp.net account but it's still on my welcome screen. How do i get rid of it?

:)

Slugger, Aug 13, 2015

2. ASP.NET 4.0 is not configured in IIS.

Hi Smruti,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I will definitely assist you with the issue.

The issue you posted would be better suited on contacting ASP.NET support team. I would recommend contacting your query in ASP.NET support team for further assistance. Visit the below link for ASP.NET support team:

Support Options for ASP.NET

If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Billion Debbarma, Aug 13, 2015
  3. Anthony Cato, Aug 13, 2015
  4. Slugger Win User

Ok I think I solved it. I reinstalled Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 service pack to get ASP.NET account that I deleted.
    After reboot Win 10 crashed on ndis.sys. I restarted and Windows 10 deleted Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 service pack and continued on to welcome screen . I still had My Microsoft account and ASP.NET account.

(If you have the ASP.NET account continue with the following)
    I then ran netplwiz and selected my account(Your Microsoft account highlighted). Uncheck Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer.
    If it is already unchecked , check it on and reboot, You will have to select your Microsoft account and password to log in. Go back to netplwiz and select your Microsoft account and then uncheck Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer.
    Now I can log in with no problem with my account. NET.ASP doesn't show up on welcome screen.

BTW DO NOT DELETE ASP.NET account

Slugger, Aug 13, 2015
Thema:

1. ASP.NET on welcome screen - Similar Threads - ASP NET welcome

2. Blurry welcome screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Blurry welcome screen: After updating to win 1903 update, immediately after welcome screen appears, picture turns blurry. Never did it before update. HELP please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blurry-welcome-screen/ba99c361-9c9f-4ec2-9881-848601614b81
  3. Welcome screen on idle

Welcome screen on idle: Greetings, somehow my idle screen is not showing anymore. What I had is, when I go away for a few minutes windows welcome screen was shown with date and time. One like I attached below. And after I press space or drag it up with my mouse I could continue to work (without...
  4. stuck in welcome screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    stuck in welcome screen: when i open my pc stuck in welcome screen and then a blue screen comes i tryied everythink on youtube all the method and nothing works any suggestions also i cant take my files from an another pc said not access
  5. Picture on welcome screen

Picture on welcome screen: I would like to know how to find out the signification of the picture on the welcome screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/picture-on-welcome-screen/6940d10a-3c12-4987-b654-4784635335f9
  6. Welcome screen?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Welcome screen?: How do insert an image to fill the 'empty' default circle on my Welcome screen? Lisa HSJ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/welcome-screen/d916a12b-61ba-4cfb-aec0-db319311f4e0
  7. Welcome Screen and SpecialAccounts

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Welcome Screen and SpecialAccounts: How can I configure something like this? I used to be able to do this in older versions, but seems like no longer the case in 10. I have a machine with several user accounts that are visible on the Welcome screen, and two that aren't. Back in older versions, I can press...
  8. Welcome Screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Welcome Screen: I would like to know how to remove the "circle with the picture silhouette" from the Windows 10 Anniversary Edition "Welcome" screen. I have already removed lock screen and password items. My desktop computer is only on my home wifi and I use a secure router. I am running...
  9. Welcome screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Welcome screen: *Confused Please help an old fella , how do i get rid of all these welcome screens when i am getting my pc ready ?? windows 10 ty 91215
  10. Stuck on Welcome screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Stuck on Welcome screen: idk if the computer even works anymore! I'm over it! Going use a public computer 22380