Windows 10: Assign Headphone Jack to 1 of 2 Sound Cards?

Discus and support Assign Headphone Jack to 1 of 2 Sound Cards? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an RealTek internal PC sound card and a SignaLink USB external sound card for digital amateur radio communications with my HAM radio system.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MaverickNH, May 7, 2016.

1. Assign Headphone Jack to 1 of 2 Sound Cards?

I have an RealTek internal PC sound card and a SignaLink USB external sound card for digital amateur radio communications with my HAM radio system.

Whenever I plug headphones into the PC headphone jack, it commandeers the external sound card instead of using the internal sound card.

Is there a way to assign the headphone jack to the internal sound card "permanently?

:)

MaverickNH, May 7, 2016

2. Static in Headphone Jack on PC

Hello,

Recently, the headphone jack on my Dell Inspiron 17 5000 laptop has produced static sounds whenever I plugged anything in. It produces a mildly sharp snapping sound when using anything I tested in the jack; using speakers is fine because i cannot hear it,
    but using headphones or earphones is compromised because the sound is right next to your ear. It goes away after sound has not been used for a while on the PC and it is the same volume despite the PC volume except when it is muted, when it lowers in volume
    or goes away. Anything not going though the headphone jack, such as the laptop's built-in speakers, appear to be working fine, with no static. The issue has existed for about a month; I've had the PC for about
    1 and 1/2 yrs.

In advance, thank you for any help.

Mr. Owl 1999, May 7, 2016
  3. Realtek HD Audio Manager 7.1 Surround Sound Not Working (Only Front Left and Right Speakers Work) on Windows 10

I think u do using headphone u have to just hear 2 chanel sound becoz ur headphone usp not jack but when u have to use real 7.1 speakers so i mean 7+1 speakers u have to hear 7+1 chanel sound...

(PLS DOWNLOAD what headset u are have? go download headset driver 7.1 surround sound driver.)

serkan korkmaz, May 7, 2016
  4. fireberd Win User

Assign Headphone Jack to 1 of 2 Sound Cards?

Is the SignaLink set as the default Audio Playback Device? If it is that may be why.

Please fill in the My System Specs, helps us to try and help you.

fireberd, May 7, 2016
Thema:

Assign Headphone Jack to 1 of 2 Sound Cards?

1. Assign Headphone Jack to 1 of 2 Sound Cards? - Similar Threads - Assign Headphone Jack

2. Sound problem with jack connected headphones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound problem with jack connected headphones: My laptop is a Dell 16 7610 with Windows 11, 23H2. During the last few weeks, I have the following problem with the sound of my laptop. The sound works all right with the internal speakers and/or Bluetooth connected speakers. However, when I try to connect external speakers...
  3. Sound problem with jack connected headphones

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound problem with jack connected headphones: My laptop is a Dell 16 7610 with Windows 11, 23H2. During the last few weeks, I have the following problem with the sound of my laptop. The sound works all right with the internal speakers and/or Bluetooth connected speakers. However, when I try to connect external speakers...
  4. Headphone jack sound quality and delay issues.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headphone jack sound quality and delay issues.: I have a Dell Inspiron 13 9310 w/Win 11. I use a screen reader. The sound is good when I do not use headphones, but when I plug in headphones the sound quality is terrible. The sound becomes airy like when you speak in a tunnel and there is a delay that usually causes the...
  5. My Headphone jack will not pick up sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Headphone jack will not pick up sound: I have a Dell XPS tower 8940, The headphones + built-in Microphone works perfectly on another PC The front audio jack is a headset jackAll drivers are up to dateOn WavesMaxx Pro the headset function is selectedIn Sound settings input is selected as Jack Mic RealtekR AudioThe...
  6. Assigning one jack to one sound device

Assigning one jack to one sound device: I have an issue where both a front panel jack and a rear panel jack links to the same audio playback device below As shown, i can plug both my headphones and speakers into each jack, but only one appearsspeakers It is only if I unplug the speakers do i hear audio from my...
  7. headphone jack

headphone jack: My headphones jack stopped working late nite, cant seem to trouble shoot the problem...Help pls https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headphone-jack/a7680508-2097-4d50-bce6-3d3c97ebc842
  8. Headphone jack accidentally assigned to microphone

in Windows 10 Customization
    Headphone jack accidentally assigned to microphone: I accidentally entered my jack identification preference to microphone. I wanted to set it to headphone. I also disabled the preference where the computer would ask me for the jack identification preference. Now I don't know how to set it so I can use my headphones on the...
  9. headphone jack

headphone jack: re window 10 headphone jack not enabled in windows 10 cant seem to find realtek on my computer anymore cant find legit download site any ideas https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headphone-jack/a2daf100-aad5-455a-8e6f-84bee665dfdd
  10. Laptop with sound with only 1 3.5mm jack

Laptop with sound with only 1 3.5mm jack: My laptop has only one jack for audio with the drawing of a headset with microphone next to it. I have headset with microphone with 2 3.5mm jacks one for audio and the other for microphone connected using adapter that makes em one jack. I also connected speakers to the line...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to assign job to headphone jack