Windows 10: assign optional drive to a shortcut

Discus and support assign optional drive to a shortcut in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I have shortcuts to files on a flash drive; the shortcuts are saved on the flash drive as well. When I am trying to open the files through the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by plans, Mar 25, 2017.

1. plans Win User

assign optional drive to a shortcut

Hello,
    I have shortcuts to files on a flash drive; the shortcuts are saved on the flash drive as well.
    When I am trying to open the files through the shortcut on a different computer, I am getting the "Problem with Shortcut" message because the shortcut was created with a certain drive letter , say "O" on a machine, but on an other one, the flash drive letter could be "H".
    I am wondering if is possible to assign multiple options for the drive letter and, or have a routine go through a few options like if "O:\myfile.pdf" fails, go to "H:\myfile.pdf" if fails, go to "L:\myfile.pdf" and so forth...
    Thanks

:)

plans, Mar 25, 2017
  2. belst Win User

Disable Snipping tool shortcut

Hello,

I am currently trying to assign a few shortcuts to a program, but I cannot assign for example Win+Shift+S for example because it is already assigned to the snipping tool.

I enabled the prevent snipping tool option in the group policy but now I still cannot assign the shortcut to another program, because I just get an error which says it cannot start snipping tool because of a group policy (duh).

Why is there no obvious way to simply REMOVE the shortcut assignment instead of preventing the program from running in the first place.

belst, Mar 25, 2017
  3. I'm trying to assign a keyboard shortcut to open my outlook 2013 (office 365) anyone know where I would find it?

Original Title - Outlook 365 Launch file

I'm trying to assign a keyboard shortcut to open my outlook 2013 (office 365) anyone know where I would find it? if it matters the keyboard is a Logitech G910

Thank you

slimfusion, Mar 25, 2017
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

NavyLCDR, Mar 25, 2017
Thema:

1. assign optional drive to a shortcut - Similar Threads - assign optional drive

2. Drive letter not assigned to removable drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Drive letter not assigned to removable drive: I admit it - I shot myself in the foot. At some time in the past I must have permanently assigned a drive letter to a USB flash memory drive (stick). Today I decided I should let Windows just assign the next available drive letter as it does for other removable devices (and...
  3. Assigning Drive Letter

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Assigning Drive Letter: I am trying to assign a particular letter to one of my hard drives. None of my other drives are assigned that letter, but it is not listed in the choices. Is there something I can do?...
  4. I'm trying to assign a keyboard shortcut. The help guide says to go to File, then Options,...

in Windows 10 Customization
    I'm trying to assign a keyboard shortcut. The help guide says to go to File, then Options,...: I'm trying to assign a key board shortcut. The help guide says to go to File, then Options, then ...... but there is no Options command under File....
  5. assign boot drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    assign boot drive: I have installed Samsung SSD and successfully cloned. I managed to bring the SSD online, but cannot delete or change drive name of C: drive. I removed SATA data cable on HDD, the SSD booted fine. But if connected both, HDD are always booted and become drive C:, SSD become E:...
  6. Assign a drive letter

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Assign a drive letter: When I plug an external hard drive to my PC (Windows 10) via the USB, the computer does not recognize it in Windows Explorer. I have to go into Disk Management to assign the drive a letter before I can see it in Windows Explorer. Is there an option in Windows 10 to...
  7. Change assigned drive letters

in Windows 10 Support
    Change assigned drive letters: Haven't done this in a while. Never in W-10 Want to move and reassign: On Disk 0 (F) becomes (D) 15 MB assigned by OS On Disk 1 (H) becomes (E) Second SSD drive On Disk 2 (D) becomes (F) First HDD used for storage On Disk 3 (E) becomes (G) External 1 GB for File History,...
  8. Ext, USB Drive Ltr Assignments change Int. Drive Ltr Assignments

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ext, USB Drive Ltr Assignments change Int. Drive Ltr Assignments: Hello, is it just me or does anyone else find it extremely annoying that drive letter assignments can't be locked in disk management? I have 4 ext. usb 3.0 drives in dual docks that are part of my backup box setup. Occasionally during boot up it appears that one or more...
  9. How to assign Windows key combo to shortcut?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to assign Windows key combo to shortcut?: I'm trying to make Win + C open the Calculator, but the Shortcut key field in Properties (from the Desktop shortcut) doesn't register a Win key press (just Ctrl or Alt or Del or a letter). Is there some way to do this? 97084
  10. Assign Keyboard Shortcut to Shortcuts in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Assign Keyboard Shortcut to Shortcuts in Windows 10: How to: Assign Keyboard Shortcut to Shortcuts in Windows 10 How to Assign Keyboard Shortcut to Shortcuts in Windows 10 [img] Information In Windows 10, you can assign a keyboard shortcut (aka: shortcut key) to a shortcut on your desktop, taskbar, and Start menu. When...