Windows 10: Assigning F5 "refresh" to a free programmable keyboard button, how?

Discus and support Assigning F5 "refresh" to a free programmable keyboard button, how? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Seems like this should be simple enough. Click the browse key, locate this mystery file, and assign it. Evidently this a national security issue as I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by aegiswiz, Sep 15, 2015.

1. aegiswiz Win User

Assigning F5 "refresh" to a free programmable keyboard button, how?

Seems like this should be simple enough. Click the browse key, locate this mystery file, and assign it. Evidently this a national security issue as I can't find a clue. I could just use the F5 key but I'm a touch typist, it's rather dark where I work and I can't just hit the key like I would qwerty keys, nor can I see it without locating a light and getting it on the keyboard. I do have these huge programmable buttons. When I try to reassign them in Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center, it offers the browse button to assign a program. I've searched System, System32, syswow64. Nothing suggests it does 'refresh'. I'm thinking now it must be something like a run dll type thing. Any help is appreciated

:)

aegiswiz, Sep 15, 2015

2. Synchronised contacts not visible in Phone Browser

Open Contact folder and press "F5" (refresh) button -> does it help?

miksu---01, Sep 15, 2015
  3. Change the Default Browser from Opera to IE on HTC Touch Pro 2 with WinMo 6.5 and Touchflo 3d

You can assign your "My Button" (the star on your slide-out physical keyboard) to IE, if it is not already assigned. Then all you have to do is open the keyboard and press the star.

CongressPark, Sep 15, 2015
Thema:

Assigning F5 "refresh" to a free programmable keyboard button, how?

1. Assigning F5 "refresh" to a free programmable keyboard button, how? - Similar Threads - Assigning refresh free

2. How to assign Copilot button on any keyboard on Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    How to assign Copilot button on any keyboard on Windows 11: [IMG]Windows 11 PCs that will ship in the coming months will have a Copilot key on their keyboard. If you do not want to upgrade to a new PC, you can assign a button on the keyboard to Copilot easily. In this guide, we show how to assign a Copilot button on any keyboard on...
  3. why my pc is not refreshing on clicking refresh option in context menu or F5?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why my pc is not refreshing on clicking refresh option in context menu or F5?: my laptop is not refreshing throush context menu nor by pressing F5 key . And microsoft edge is creating new tabs and pinned it automatically...
  4. why my pc is not refreshing on clicking refresh option in context menu or F5?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why my pc is not refreshing on clicking refresh option in context menu or F5?: my laptop is not refreshing throush context menu nor by pressing F5 key . And microsoft edge is creating new tabs and pinned it automatically...
  5. Pressing F5 doesn't refresh the screen, I need to press both F5 and Fn for it to work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pressing F5 doesn't refresh the screen, I need to press both F5 and Fn for it to work.: I got a new keyboard https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07Y3ZS47V?tag=rtings-zz-kb-20&ie=UTF8 and it works great although F5 doesn't seem to work unless I press Fn at the same time. Is there a way to bypass this or am I stuck with this forever?I have tried to find the model...
  6. Windows 10. Unable to Refresh F5/Right click<Refresh

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10. Unable to Refresh F5/Right click<Refresh: Hey, I just resetted my Laptop. I kept the personal files and just removed all the apps. The laptop is really smooth now except for refreshing. Everytime I try to refresh... The Blue circle of busyness comes on and stays for a longgggg time. I can click Start, I can...
  7. Fn + F5 Refresh not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Fn + F5 Refresh not working: Fn + f5 refresh is not working instead i have to Win + f5 for refreshing. please help!!!! Also i have to click Fn + f11 / f12 for increseing/decreasing brightness. previously i used to Fn + f5 for refresh i never needed to win + any function keys....
  8. The F5 function key is no longer the "Refresh" key.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The F5 function key is no longer the "Refresh" key.: Today, the F5 function key invokes a Start pop-up window with no obvious name. An array of functions, apps and recently opened programs. In PowerPoint, the F5 key was the shortcut to start a presentation from slide one. No substitute keystroke is designated. Again, the...
  9. How to manually refresh File Explorer? F5 does not work

in Windows 10 Support
    How to manually refresh File Explorer? F5 does not work: How can I manually enforce refresh File Explorer view? If I press F5 key then from the right side a "Project" pane appears with entries like "PC screen only", "Duplicate", "Extend", ....) So whats that? Is F5 (accidentially) false-assigned? How can re-assign "normal"...
  10. Assign different internet connections for different programmes?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Assign different internet connections for different programmes?: Hello there, I was wondering if it is possible to assign different internet connections for different programmes? I have 2 internet connections - 1. One that has very poor download & upload speeds but has a low ping and 2. another connection which has very fast download &...