Windows 10: Assigning software to use Ethernet port or wifi.

Discus and support Assigning software to use Ethernet port or wifi. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Im using a Win10 Pro B1803 64bit. My laptop has a Ethernet port and Wifi. the Ethernet port is connecting company's local working network and the Wifi... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by pangTuen, Aug 12, 2018.

1. pangTuen Win User

Assigning software to use Ethernet port or wifi.

Im using a Win10 Pro B1803 64bit. My laptop has a Ethernet port and Wifi.

the Ethernet port is connecting company's local working network and the Wifi is connecting to the company's wifi network for internet.

Here is my question, is there any possible way that I can assigned like Skype go Wifi, Firefox go ethernet, Edge go Wifi?

thank you.

:)

pangTuen, Aug 12, 2018

2. Windows 10 plug voip phone into ethernet port on laptop

The phone simply needs an ethernet port to plug into. It auto assigns dhcp and all that fun stuff. Some of the locations I visit have wifi only, thus my desire to use the port on my laptop.

Thank you!

bctraveller, Aug 12, 2018
  3. Danweel Win User
    Unidentified Network/valid IP configuration: both Ethernet and WiFi

I have this problem everywhere, not just at home. Though at home I have access to connect directly or with the Ethernet, which doesn't seem to change the issue at all. Specifically, we've tried assigning IP addresses manually already.

If I didn't understand your suggestion though, just let me know what steps I need to do.

Danweel, Aug 12, 2018
  4. Jakl Win User

Ethernet port not blinking...

possibly your ethernet port has died...

Unless if you format/reinstall windows , and see if that way... but overall, physically take a look at the motherboard in the computer, and see if any capacitor's top's have blown open or even have a bump on them (the tops of the capacitors should be flat) . If any indication that happens, then your mobo is eventually gonna die.

Other than that, u went through all other steps that are very known..

**My Friends system not to long ago has the exact same issue, and there were caps blown, but only the ethernet didnt work

Thema:

1. Assigning software to use Ethernet port or wifi. - Similar Threads - Assigning software Ethernet

2. Cannot use wifi and ethernet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot use wifi and ethernet: Hello. After installing windows 10 home i tried connecting to wifi but i dont have the option.I tried using ethernet cable but it wouldn't work either. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-use-wifi-and-ethernet/eb7337c1-e67b-41a9-9459-cdc7535b1758
  3. Wifi adapter missing and PC has no Ethernet port

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi adapter missing and PC has no Ethernet port: So occasionally my laptop HP something...2023 model will randomly disconnect from the Internet and says no network available. This time, it disconnected and I disabled my wifi adapter to re enable it. The adapter disappeared, now I can't connect to any network, and I just...
  4. Wifi adapter missing and PC has no Ethernet port

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi adapter missing and PC has no Ethernet port: So occasionally my laptop HP something...2023 model will randomly disconnect from the Internet and says no network available. This time, it disconnected and I disabled my wifi adapter to re enable it. The adapter disappeared, now I can't connect to any network, and I just...
  5. ETHERNET PORT AND NETWORK

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ETHERNET PORT AND NETWORK: Hi I bought from the market USB Ethernet Adapter Version QTS1081B no 9700 and it has CD for driver installationhence may laptop has no CD drive so where can i download applicable driver from?...
  6. Ethernet Port Issues

Ethernet Port Issues: I am having troubles with my ethernet port not connecting to my router. The router shows that it is sending data to the ethernet port, but when I run the troubleshooting, it is saying "Ethernet 2 doesn't have a valid IP Configuration". I haven't messed with my config and...
  7. Disable WiFi when Ethernet is Used

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disable WiFi when Ethernet is Used: Is there a way to disable WiFi automatically when wired connection is active? I tried to do it via Network and Sharing Centre, but the option to disable it doesn't come up. I looked at WiFiAutoSwitch and Bridge Checket but they are not free. Help! submitted by...
  8. usb not assigning a com port

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    usb not assigning a com port: my usb device needs a com port how do i manually assign one https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-not-assigning-a-com-port/462324da-54ea-4a9e-b158-97992c4f4ad2
  9. Software to assign function keys?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Software to assign function keys?: I would like to make function keys to mute, volume up, and volume down. How can this be done? Are there hot keys or shortcuts to do this? Or is there software that can assign these to function keys? 58791
  10. How to use Ethernet Port to output internet

How to use Ethernet Port to output internet: Hello all, this is my first post on this forum, but not my first forum post. I have an HP model 110-243w and to keep it simple, it does have built-in Wi-Fi and that works fine, but I would like to be able to plug something into the ethernet port on the back and use that to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ASSIGNING ETHERNET LISTENING PORT