Windows 10: Assistance Request after upgrade to Windows 10

Discus and support Assistance Request after upgrade to Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello everyone, First post here and hoping someone may be able to help. There may possibly be an answer to this problem already but after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by larryg, Nov 27, 2015.

1. larryg Win User

Assistance Request after upgrade to Windows 10

Hello everyone,

First post here and hoping someone may be able to help.

There may possibly be an answer to this problem already but after spending over hour and half trying I have been unable to find it so if there is I apologise for duplication.

I am not the most technically minded person but have basic knowledge... please bear with me if I sound stupid!

Recently upgraded from Windows 8 to 10, since then the external hard drive that is plugged into my home hub, the SD memory card which is in the printer (also connected to the home hub) are both not showing up under My Computer (they both were when running Windows 8).

I have tried searching for them (as best I can) and cannot find either, I have tried updating drivers for the two devices and been informed by the computer that the most up-to-date drivers are already installed.

I have also tried rebooting the home hub to see if that would 'kick start' it into appearing.

Both were working fine when in Windows 8, and appeared as their own icons when clicked on Network under File Explorer.

Any guidance would be greatfully received.... thank you in advance

Lawrence

:)

larryg, Nov 27, 2015
  2. SeanYocum Win User

Windows 10 Remote Assistance Request Fails to Connect When Running Hyper-V w/Virtual Switch

Hello, I have a strange issue that I can't find any information about.

I have a technology challenged family member. We set up a remote assistance shortcut. He's capable of setting it up, sending the email and giving me the key during a phone call so I can help out.

However, I noticed something odd.

I run virtual machines on occasion on my Windows 10 Pro machine using Hyper-V. Whenever I have a virtual machine installed (not necessarily running), my machine will not connect to his remote assistance request.

If I delete the virtual machine, or delete the virtual switch, I can connect to his remote assistance request without issues. (Installed guest OS seems to make no difference. It appears to be the virtual switch itself).

It seems to be centered on the virtual switch configuration, but I haven't been able to drill down to what the issue might be.

This issue probably has a very simple solution that I just haven't figured out, but any help or tips are most welcome.

Thank you everyone!

SeanYocum, Nov 27, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Remote Assistance Request Fails to Connect When Running Hyper-V w/Virtual Switch

Hello Sean,

To effectively assist you with your concern, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Is your virtual machine online?
    • How do you connect remotely to the other machine?

Regards.

Angela Pun, Nov 27, 2015
Thema:

Assistance Request after upgrade to Windows 10

1. Assistance Request after upgrade to Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Assistance Request upgrade

2. Windows ei.cfg variables assistance requested

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows ei.cfg variables assistance requested: Usually i'm in this sub giving some moderate tech support, this time i need a little assistance as in about a week tops i'll be upgrading my old Sony Vaio VGN-AW11M/H laptop to an acer nitro 5 AN517-52 model. That model is in my possession now for 12ys still works fine after...
  3. Request for assistance creating a second login in Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Request for assistance creating a second login in Windows 10.: I have a machine with the Windows 10 Home operating system, version 2004. I have a standard login, and when logging in under my usual credentials I have access to a standard Microsoft Office Home and Student 2016 edition. I currently use this machine for both work and...
  4. COMPLAINTS ABOUT WINDOWS 10 AND A REQUEST FOR URGENT ASSISTANCE

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    COMPLAINTS ABOUT WINDOWS 10 AND A REQUEST FOR URGENT ASSISTANCE: I have been using Microsoft products since inception, but I am very unhappy with Windows 10. 1. For some years now, every Windows update has created severe problems for me, and the only way I have managed to keep on using my laptop has been to conduct System Restores to...
  5. Quick Assist after v1909 upgrade Give assistance

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Quick Assist after v1909 upgrade Give assistance: Today after the upgrade to v1909, when I click the 'Assist another person' button, instead of giving me the code like it has every other time, I am redirected to a webpage to Get assistance with a box to enter a code. I am unable to help now....
  6. Request assistance with Windows 10 Issue.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Request assistance with Windows 10 Issue.: Hi Greg, I'm Mohammad, I was really looking forward to someone who could help me. I will be as polite and co-operative as you want me to be if you could just PLEASE help me out with my issue. I want you to know that its the first time I purchased my own laptop and...
  7. Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant: Hello. I'm trying to update to the latest version of Windows 10 with the Windows 10 Update Assistant. It have been downloaded like three times now, in any time I can downloaded all. This last time it still running and is stuck in 99% for the third day now. I NEED to get the...
  8. windows 10 upgrade assistant

windows 10 upgrade assistant: why does windows 10 upgrade assistant lock up my computer? it seems the only way to get my computer running again is to switch off power supply, sometimes have to even remove battery and then replace it....
  9. windows 10 upgrade assistant.

windows 10 upgrade assistant.: Is there need to keep the windows 10 upgrade assistant? Can one now delete it? Had a rather large upgrade yesterday winver >>>>1607 14393 187 Many thanks once again. 63763
  10. Request for Assistance

in Windows 10 Support
    Request for Assistance: I did a stupid thing. I got carried away, saving a bunch of files to the desktop and without noting this, my desktop filled to capacity and beyond!! I there any way to cause a 2d desktop to be created and those file icons that are currently off screen, to be populated to...