Windows 10: Asus camera shows black screen

Discus and support Asus camera shows black screen in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; when ever I try to open camera I find black screen I tried different programs and it's the same laptop came with windows 10 pre installed I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by karim, Aug 17, 2016.

1. karim Win User

Asus camera shows black screen

when ever I try to open camera I find black screen
    I tried different programs and it's the same
    laptop came with windows 10 pre installed
    I have ASUS ROG GL552JX laptop

USB2.0 HD UVC WebCam

Hardware IDs :
    USB\VID_04F2&PID_B424&REV_6969&MI_00
    USB\VID_04F2&PID_B424&MI_00

Compatible IDs:
    USB\Class_0e&SubClass_03&Prot_00
    USB\Class_0e&SubClass_03
    USB\Class_0e

:)

karim, Aug 17, 2016

2. Asus tramsformer book T100TAF Windows 10 camera doesn`t work

On Asus tramsformer book T100TAF doesn`t work camera. It shows only a black screen.

Diana Leonova, Aug 17, 2016
  3. problem with front camera on lumia 920..

when you open the camera and swap to the front camera, does it just show a black screen?

if it shows a black screen, does the camera icon to take a picture still show? or does it just error?

ceroberts75, Aug 17, 2016
  4. Tom886 Win User

The problem is, your PID is unknown.
    I am pretty sure that the driver is from Realtek, however as I wrote the PID is not known.
    Maybe worth a shot but you can try to install the driver from here Realtek PC Camera or try to download the latest driver v10.0.10586.11183

Cheers
    Tom

Tom886, Aug 18, 2016
  5. karim Win User
    so do I have to uninstall camera driver first or install new driver directly
    and what is PID ?
    how did you know that it isn't known ?

karim, Aug 18, 2016
  6. karim Win User
    I did install realtek and restart laptop but it stills black screen

karim, Aug 18, 2016
  7. Tom886 Win User
    VID_04F2&PID_B424
    VID = VendorID (in this case Chicony Electronics Co., Ltd)
    PID = ProductID
    If google this combination, nothing is coming up or better nothing useful except "USB Composite Device Driver for ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. - X200CA"
    But no information about a driver
    What is the device manager saying about it except USB2.0 HD UVC WebCam.
    Any driver information?

Cheers
    Tom

Tom886, Aug 18, 2016
  8. karim Win User

at driver details there are a lot of information what kind of information you need ?

karim, Aug 18, 2016
  9. Tom886 Win User
    Driver Provider, Driver Version, Driver Date could help

Cheers
    Tom

Tom886, Aug 18, 2016
  10. karim Win User
    Driver Provider : Microsoft
    Driver Version : 10.0.10586.0
    Driver Date : 6/21/2006

karim, Aug 18, 2016
  11. Tom886 Win User
    This means it is just an Inbox driver which doesn't support the features of the camera.
    And Asus website doesn't offer any webcam driver download.
    So my suggestion, try to install the setup program from Realtek, it carries the the ID VID_04F2&PID_B422, maybe it has some success.
    Otherwise contact Asus.

Cheers
    Tom

Tom886, Aug 18, 2016
  12. karim Win User
    Which program to setup ?

karim, Aug 18, 2016
  13. karim Win User

I will try to uninstall the camera

karim, Aug 18, 2016
  14. karim Win User
    Every time i uninstall it
    It installs itself

karim, Aug 18, 2016
  15. Tom886 Win User
    The second link I provided for v10.0.10586.11183
    Download this one from one of the sources and run the setup program.
    However I cannot give any guarantees it will be successful.

Cheers
    Tom

Tom886, Aug 18, 2016
Thema:

1. Asus camera shows black screen - Similar Threads - Asus camera shows

2. camera shows black screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    camera shows black screen.: camera shows black screen. i have check all the settings and update drivers but it still shows only black screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-shows-black-screen/39959d61-3384-4776-b798-fcf7229e3ace
  3. camera shows black screen.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    camera shows black screen.: camera shows black screen. i have check all the settings and update drivers but it still shows only black screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-shows-black-screen/39959d61-3384-4776-b798-fcf7229e3ace
  4. Camera showing grey/black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camera showing grey/black screen: Regardless of the app I am using the built-in PC Camera for, the problem is the same. A grey screen. Some apps show that the camera is already being used by another app. This happens even if I have camera access given to just one app. I have tried all the fixes recommended...
  5. Camera showing grey/black screen

Camera showing grey/black screen: Regardless of the app I am using the built-in PC Camera for, the problem is the same. A grey screen. Some apps show that the camera is already being used by another app. This happens even if I have camera access given to just one app. I have tried all the fixes recommended...
  6. camera shows black screen with error code

camera shows black screen with error code: I have my camera turned on by pressing it in my laptop and its just sits with black screen with error code. I have Dell laptop and yesterday its working....
  7. camera shows black screen with error code

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    camera shows black screen with error code: I have my camera turned on by pressing it in my laptop and its just sits with black screen with error code. I have Dell laptop and yesterday its working....
  8. Camera not working, showing Black screen

Camera not working, showing Black screen: My webcam isn't working, earlier it used to work with red and green lines moving around, now it's just a black screen.The webcam shows the LED light on but there is just black screen, even on Google Meet, Zoom, Teams etc. The camera is not even clicking pictures, it shows an...
  9. Camera only shows black screen

Camera only shows black screen: I have an Acer laptop that uses Windows 10 and has a built-in webcam. I can turn the camera on with the camera app. The green light lights up and I get a popup on my screen that says "camera on" but all I see is a black screen. The camera is not covered up by anything and...
  10. Camera showing black screen

Camera showing black screen: I bought HP All-in-One 24-df0215in 23.8-Inch FHD with Alexa Built-in from Amazon recently. My camera is showing a black screen and i tried to fix it by enabling disabling and uninstalling but it continues to show black screen. Please help....