Windows 10: ASUS Crosshair Hero VII does not show on home network

Discus and support ASUS Crosshair Hero VII does not show on home network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I just built a system with the ASUS ROG Crosshair Hero VII/2700X system. Everything appears to be working as advertised - EXCEPT - the system does not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Ken429, Jul 13, 2018.

1. Ken429 Win User

ASUS Crosshair Hero VII does not show on home network

I just built a system with the ASUS ROG Crosshair Hero VII/2700X system. Everything appears to be working as advertised - EXCEPT - the system does not show up on the home network. It sees all the other computers on the network. I have tried the usual stuff like Settings>Network and Internet>Network Reset and reboot but it had no effect. This has always fixed the network issues on all the other systems after a W10 update or whatever causes W10 to have networking issues. I am running W10 Pro with all the latest updates. I don't know if this is an issue with the new ASUS M/B since all the other systems on the network use a variety of ASRock M/Bs.

Help would be greatly appreciated. What else should I be looking at to make this system appear on the network?

Problem solved. I forgot to fix the old 1803 problem where "Function Discover Resource Publication" is not set to Automatic. You would think MSFT would have gotten around to fixing this "bug" by now?!

:)

Ken429, Jul 13, 2018
  2. bobkn Win User

Asus Crosshair VI Hero Motherboard

bobkn, Jul 13, 2018
  3. btarunr Win User
    ASUS Intros Crosshair VI Hero Wi-Fi AC Motherboard

ASUS today introduced a variant of its flagship socket AM4 motherboard, the Republic of Gamers (ROG) Crosshair VI Hero, featuring an onboard WLAN module. The new Crosshair VI Hero Wi-Fi AC, as its name suggests, features 802.11ac WLAN. The module also features MU-MIMO, and Bluetooth 4.1 connectivity. ASUS includes a dual-MIMO antenna the company bundles with several of its Wi-Fi enabled motherboards. Besides the wireless networking module, the board is identical to the original ASUS launched its socket AM4 motherboard lineup with. The included ASUS GameFirst IV software lets you distribute Internet connectivity between two interfaces, the WLAN, and the wired gigabit Ethernet connection, letting you task latency-sensitive tasks such as your game and video stream to the wired network, and low-priority background Internet tasks to the WLAN. The Crosshair VI Hero Wi-Fi AC could be priced at a $25 premium over the original's list price of $249.

ASUS Crosshair Hero VII does not show on home network 234c1042412b_thm.jpg

ASUS Crosshair Hero VII does not show on home network 4be421cc5c0f_thm.jpg

btarunr, Jul 13, 2018
  4. ASUS Crosshair Hero VII does not show on home network

Asus Crosshair VI Hero Motherboard

Refer to this URL http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/...805.1491918703

On page 16, you will see the Motherboard Layout. #16 (USB1516) there is only one of those on the board. I need like 2 more because my chassis has 2 USB 2.0 cords, and I just inserted a Memory Card Reader and it has one too.

pixiegurl83, Jul 13, 2018
Thema:

ASUS Crosshair Hero VII does not show on home network

1. ASUS Crosshair Hero VII does not show on home network - Similar Threads - ASUS Crosshair Hero

2. ASUS Maximus Hero VII Motherboard with M.2 installed not booting windows 10 after install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ASUS Maximus Hero VII Motherboard with M.2 installed not booting windows 10 after install: Hello,I have been trying to install windows 10 onto an m.2 SSD drive installed on a used ASUS Maximus Hero VII Motherboard.First, I followed this tutorial on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7PEBscJbno&ab_channel=OC3DRushKit. It has my exact setup the same BIOS...
  3. ASUS Maximus Hero VII Motherboard with M.2 installed not booting windows 10 after install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ASUS Maximus Hero VII Motherboard with M.2 installed not booting windows 10 after install: Hello,I have been trying to install windows 10 onto an m.2 SSD drive installed on a used ASUS Maximus Hero VII Motherboard.First, I followed this tutorial on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7PEBscJbno&ab_channel=OC3DRushKit. It has my exact setup the same BIOS...
  4. My ASUS ROG Crosshair Dark Hero X570 PC will not connect to my external speakers.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My ASUS ROG Crosshair Dark Hero X570 PC will not connect to my external speakers.: My new ASUS ROG Crosshair Dark Hero X570 PC will not connect to my external speakers. The same speakers work on my ROG Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-fi workstation with the same Windows 10 Pro version OS. Was told by a Microsoft advisor that it was an ASUS motherboard manufacturer...
  5. Drivers issue Ryzen / asus hero crosshair VIII wifi

Drivers issue Ryzen / asus hero crosshair VIII wifi: Hi, PC spec: Windows 10 version 20H2 AMD Ryzen 3700x Asus Crosshair Hero VIII wi-fi BIOS version: 3401 Since last windows update. I had issue again with high latency like when I bought all my pc parts. Solved the problem a year ago by installing drivers manually. This time...
  6. Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero will not finish kb4532693

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero will not finish kb4532693: I get install loops, followed every time by system recovery. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/asus-rog-crosshair-viii-hero-will-not-finish/16855205-34b8-41ba-9646-84b888c3a710
  7. asus maximus hero vii will not finish kb4532693

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    asus maximus hero vii will not finish kb4532693: problems with kb4532693,as its is configured to 30 5 an now back to finish,it only has an endless loup https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/asus-maximus-hero-vii-will-not-finish-kb4532693/563cbdab-480a-4787-9f12-5db1708d69c2
  8. Asus Crosshair VI Hero Motherboard

Asus Crosshair VI Hero Motherboard: I noticed this board only has ONE USB 2.0 Connector on it. Are there extensions that I can buy? 82063
  9. BIOS update question for ASUS Crosshair Vi Hero motherboard

BIOS update question for ASUS Crosshair Vi Hero motherboard: I don't know if this is the correct forum for this so please feel free to move it as needed. I have the Asus Crosshair VI Hero board running a Ryzen 1700 with 32gb of DDR4 2400 ram. I have currently installed bios 1701, and after months of tweaking, cussing, adjusting...
  10. Cannot get into bios (Asus maximus hero VII)

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot get into bios (Asus maximus hero VII): I am trying to get into the bios on my windows 10 system with a hero vii but whenever I restart and then hold del my screens are just black, my pc is running and nothing happens, nothing comes on the screen. If I restart and don't press anything it goes into windows 10...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. crosshair viii hero wifi not showing

2. mt7662_p2p

3. crosshair hero 7 not seeing wired network