Windows 10: Asus E200HA Laptop won't recognize keyboard and touchpad on Windows 8

Discus and support Asus E200HA Laptop won't recognize keyboard and touchpad on Windows 8 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I'm new here. Like the headline says my new Asus E200HA (comes default with Windows 10) won't recognize the keyboard and touchpad on windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by mulic3, Jul 8, 2017.

1. mulic3 Win User

Asus E200HA Laptop won't recognize keyboard and touchpad on Windows 8

Hi,

I'm new here. Like the headline says my new Asus E200HA (comes default with Windows 10) won't recognize the keyboard and touchpad on windows 8.1. I wonder what is the problem and how it can be solved as Windows 8.1, (tested with external usb keyboard and mouse) works much better on this laptop than with Windows 10. Windows 7 won't even boot after installation.
    Any Ideas?

Thanks in advance for your precious time!

Muli

:)

mulic3, Jul 8, 2017

2. Touchpad/cursor not working after windows 10 download.

I have an ASUS laptop with no cursor in sight. Difficult to maneuver around with

just keyboard, but no touchpad or cursor.

I've tried a number of suggestions with no results.

I'd hate to go back to windows 8 but may have to do that.

Won't be easy or fun without enough tools or a detailed game plan.

Frank Wick Wichern, Jul 8, 2017
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    DaveM121, Jul 8, 2017
  4. Asus E200HA Laptop won't recognize keyboard and touchpad on Windows 8

Hi Muli. Welcome to the TenForums @mulic3

There is an EightForums but sounds like a driver problem. Head to Asus site and get the drivers from them.

I recall, its been a while, that you may need their ATK drivers as well.

Best thing is to head into Device manager and see what devices are not functioning. From the hardware ids, available from the details tab of properties you should be able to determine what each device is using Google.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jul 8, 2017
  5. mulic3 Win User
    Thanks for answering! I did install the ATK driver but it didn't help.
    All the devices in device manager are called "Unknown Device", so no joy there. When I try to install the chipset driver I get a "the requested operation failed. a system reboot is required to roll back changes made. Of course I restarted many times but it didn't solve it.

mulic3, Jul 8, 2017
  6. mulic3 Win User
    Dear Ken,

Thanks so much for your precious time. I did try all the above. ATK didn't help. Also it would not install the chipset drivers from the website as a "restart is needed in order to roll back the changes". Many restarts did not work. In the device manager, all the devices that are missing a driver are called "Unknown Device", so it's a problem. Any megical generic touchpad\keyboard driver?

mulic3, Jul 9, 2017
  7. NavyLCDR New Member
    You can save the drivers from Windows 10 by opening a Command Prompt (Admin) or Powershell (Admin) and running the following command:

dism /online /export-driver /destination:E:\Drivers

The path in red will be to a folder you create on a storage device such as a USB flash drive, data partition, or second hard drive. You have to create the folder, and change the drive letter to what you need to.

Then in Windows 8 you might be able to point the unknown devices to that folder by selecting the option to manually update the driver for that device.

NavyLCDR, Jul 9, 2017
  8. mulic3 Win User

Thanks so much, but unfortunately now I got a bigger problem. When I boot from a flash drive to install Windows 10 again, the touchpad does not work (In ubuntu it does). So I connected a usb mouse and continued with the installation, but when I'm trying to install the chipset drivers for this same laptop it says that some changes need to rollback before I can install it and restart is necessary. But it doesn't help, so no chipset drivers and no touchpad *Sad

mulic3, Jul 9, 2017
  9. mulic3 Win User
    On a Asus E200HA When I boot from a flash drive to re-install Windows 10 again, after formatting it in favor of ubuntu, the touchpad does not work (In ubuntu it does). So I connected a usb mouse and continued with the installation, but when I'm trying to install the chipset drivers for this same laptop it says that some changes need to rollback before I can install it and that a restart is necessary. But it doesn't help, so no chipset drivers and no touchpad *Sad

Can someone please help?

mulic3, Jul 9, 2017
  10. NavyLCDR New Member
    I would save all the drivers on a USB flash drive:
    ASUS Vivobook E200HA | Laptops | ASUS Global

Do a clean install of Windows 10 but do not let it connect to the internet. Do not have an Ethernet cable plugged in, and do not let it connect to any WiFi hotspots. You will have to create a local account as the first account (you can convert it to a MS login later, if you want). After you get into Windows 10 with no internet connection, then install all the drivers.

After all that is completed do a backup image of the hard drive if you want, connect to the internet, Windows 10 should activate and update.

NavyLCDR, Jul 9, 2017
  11. mulic3 Win User
    Well I was just about to send you a screenshot of the error, but then the chipset just installed this time! the touchpad was magically installed on its own earlier while connected to wifi. The OS itself works really nice and nippy. I wish I could say the same for web browsing, which is quite slow on both Edge and Chrome. Should a windows update improve it? The image I used is directly from Microsoft's website, so maybe it was an updated image? I am quite tempted to try windows 8.1 again as its web browsing was really smooth as was the OS itself (other than both the keyboard and touchpad not working), but I spent such a big part of the day worried that I won't be able to get the touchpad working again that I might just leave it at that.

Thanks so much for all your advice, it is extremely helpful and enlightening and very much appreciated!

mulic3, Jul 9, 2017
  12. NavyLCDR New Member
    I would give it a few days to let things settle down and see if the internet browsing speed improves.

NavyLCDR, Jul 10, 2017
  13. mulic3 Win User

Thanks so much for all your help and advice! It's been extremely helpful and I learned a lot.
    By the way, I tried Chromium and now the browsing performance is noticeably better.

All the best,

Samuel

mulic3, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Asus E200HA Laptop won't recognize keyboard and touchpad on Windows 8 - Similar Threads - Asus E200HA Laptop

2. Keyboard and Touchpad not working "USB not recognized"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard and Touchpad not working "USB not recognized": Hello,I own a Surface Book 2 i7 8GB 256GB. Suddenly the keyboard and touchpad stopped working. If I remeber correctly, this was after an update. The keyboard lighting and screen detatch button still function correctly, but the USB Ports don't. You can't type or use the...
  3. Keyboard and Touchpad not working "USB not recognized"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard and Touchpad not working "USB not recognized": Hello,I own a Surface Book 2 i7 8GB 256GB. Suddenly the keyboard and touchpad stopped working. If I remeber correctly, this was after an update. The keyboard lighting and screen detatch button still function correctly, but the USB Ports don't. You can't type or use the...
  4. Keyboard and Touchpad not working "USB not recognized"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Touchpad Windows 10 / ASUS Laptop

Touchpad Windows 10 / ASUS Laptop: Please help, I'd like to disable the touchpad on my ASUS laptop. I only use a mouse and when I'm typing many times the curser on touchpad screws everything up....
  6. touchpad Asus laptop

touchpad Asus laptop: The fn-9 does not toggle touchpad on-off. ALSO Settings/Touchpad does NOT have a switch to turn the touchpad off I have installed the latest ATK package from ASUS https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-asus-laptop/0b72da2a-ef4b-49de-ab5b-197eaa525486
  7. Touchpad on Asus laptop dies

Touchpad on Asus laptop dies: I've got an Asus ZenBook 15 which has now had the touchpad go dead just after an Office update. The proposed solutions from Microsoft don't work, and the ASUS solution is to reset the computer, which also hasn't solved the problem. Has anybody else dealt with MS or ASUS on...
  8. how to disable touchpad for asus laptop

how to disable touchpad for asus laptop: how to disable the touchpad for asus laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-touchpad-for-asus-laptop/c46149f3-7175-4a35-8c12-05cec9f20b99
  9. ASUS touchpad and keyboard problems

ASUS touchpad and keyboard problems: Hello, I have an ASUS laptop that I haven't been using for a while. When using it, I noticed that the keyboard, when typing, was skipping letters, at random. I actually discovered this problem cause I had trouble logging in, and then realised that the password I typed in...
  10. ASUS laptop in Desktop mode but keyboard and touchpad not working

ASUS laptop in Desktop mode but keyboard and touchpad not working: I have a 5 year old ASUS SonicMaster laptop that originally did not come with Windows 10. It has Windows 10 now. Upon boot up it displays on-screen keyboard for login to Windows. After logging in, there is no way to type in, either keyboard or on-screen when in Windows, and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ASUS E200HA keyboard not working