Windows 10: ASUS E402mA SSD upgrade

Discus and support ASUS E402mA SSD upgrade in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; HI I have added a 128GB SSD to my Asus E402MA laptop and cloned the 32GB EMMC to it using EaseUS to do backup but the new SSD is not bootable. How... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by pdc95, Sep 13, 2016.

1. pdc95 Win User

ASUS E402mA SSD upgrade

HI
    I have added a 128GB SSD to my Asus E402MA laptop and cloned the 32GB EMMC to it using EaseUS to do backup but the new SSD is not bootable.
    How can I make this Bootable and drive C:
    Pete
    *Mad

:)

pdc95, Sep 13, 2016

2. Move the windows 10 OS from 32GB eMMC to an internal SSD

Hi

I recently baught Asus Eeebook E402MA with 32GB of internal non removable storage. It has provision to install an additional ssd drive in it. So i installed a 120GB SSD in it. I want to move my OS from
    the 32GB eMMC to the 120GB SSD. I tried to do the same with some third party applications but it didnt really work as expected. Can anyone please help me because the 32GB eMMC is not really sufficient especially when windows tries to install updates.

I really would appreciate some help.

OrvilleCota, Sep 13, 2016
  3. ASUS P6T Deluxe Windows 10 YES but not on an SSD

ASUS P6T Deluxe Windows 10 YES but not on an SSD. Running fine on 2 units. One upgraded from Win 8.1 and other from Win 7 Pro. Freezes up running on SSD, but swapped in an HDD and working ok now. ASUS has no updated drivers or BIOS (6 yrs old already,
    don't expect it).

cwoodhouse, Sep 13, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

ASUS E402mA SSD upgrade

dalchina, Sep 15, 2016
  5. pdc95 Win User
    Thanks
    I bit the bullet and did a clean install

Pete

pdc95, Sep 15, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    Ok, so long as you end with with all your Win 10 partitions on the same disk, and it's working.

It is perfectly possible to move Windows partitions around.. one interesting way is this (and it would still be available to you if it gave any advantage):

You have Windows installed on a disk you no longer wish to use.
    You create an image of your Windows partition.
    You clean install Windows on your new disk.
    You replace the Windows OS partition ONLY with that from your image.
    Run startup repair from a bootable Win 10 medium.

I've done that once, and others have mentioned this procedure in a couple of threads.

If however it's easy to go on from your new Windows - little work- of course that's fine too.

dalchina, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

ASUS E402mA SSD upgrade

1. ASUS E402mA SSD upgrade - Similar Threads - ASUS E402mA SSD

2. Upgrading ssd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrading ssd: Would I need to buy a new windows 11 OS key if I upgrade my ssd to a larger capacity? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrading-ssd/006bae5e-6a8c-4d39-92c8-bf248cce0d91
  3. Upgrade to SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade to SSD: Hi All. I'm new on here so hello first of all, and I'm hoping you can give me some advice and tips. I have successfully upgraded a few desktop pc's to SSD at work, using Acronis cloning software and haven't come across any issues with them. it is a simple process of...
  4. Upgrading SSD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Upgrading SSD: I recently ordered a new SSD and before I do anything insensible I want to be sure what I am trying to do is legit, I am currently using windows on a 256GB SSD which I want to upgrade to a 500GB and run windows from there, is this possible with the activation key I am...
  5. SSD Upgrade

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SSD Upgrade: Hi I have just upgraded my HP Envy laptop from a HDD to the SSD, in particular the Samsung 870 QVO 1TB drive.. Reading on the web I notice that SSD's have a lifespan and this drive is warranted from Samsung for 3 years or 360TBW.. Using there software it shows that since...
  6. Upgrading SSD

Upgrading SSD: Good day, I would like to ask since I am thinking of upgrading my M.2 Sata III SSD to a much bigger one. Is there a way to duplicate my Windows 10 Home to the newly bought SSD without loosing my files and as well my license of Windows. If so I would like to ask how and the...
  7. hdd to ssd in asus laptop

hdd to ssd in asus laptop: I stalled evo 860 ssd into my old computer last year with help from you guys Now i need to install evo 860 into my daughters asus laptop x550c Could you help again with best instructions from you and best video on youtube I know i need to copy old drive onto new ssd but all...
  8. Upgrade to SSD

Upgrade to SSD: Hi there.. how can I use my SSD for my windows 10 OS, programs and HDD for storage? I tried to clone it but, only got 120GB SSD and my (C) drive got 220GB. should I do clean install or can I just clone my OS to SSD? is there way to do it? Thanks In Advance.....
  9. ASUS E402M SSD update

ASUS E402M SSD update: HI I have added a 128GB SSD to my Asus E402M laptop. I have cloned the Internal EMMC on to this with EaseUS to do backup but the new SSD is not bootable. How can I make this drive bootable and delete the internal drive. Pete 63751
  10. SSD upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    SSD upgrade: Hi all. I have a six year old Dell Studio 1747 laptop; which is still performing great. The only problem I've had with it was design flaw incorporating the on/off switch in the hinge. Anyways I digress. I have a 240GB SSD on order and plan on replacing the 500GB hard drive;...