Windows 10: Asus EEE PC Resolution Issue

Discus and support Asus EEE PC Resolution Issue in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; HI All Recently got given an ASUS EEE PC 1015CH running Windows 7 to have a play around on and to use for playing video, browsing etc. Nothing too... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Leevis, Jan 2, 2017.

1. Leevis Win User

Asus EEE PC Resolution Issue

HI All
    Recently got given an ASUS EEE PC 1015CH running Windows 7 to have a play around on and to use for playing video, browsing etc. Nothing too strenuous.

I tried to update it all and eventually got a load of updates and installed them. Whilst i was browsing how to fix this issue i decided to install Win 10 onto it and see what happened.

Basically, i have installed Windows 10 and it works fine, the only issue i have is that the resolution is stuck on 800x600 and this is the only resolution it will give me.

Whilst it works, everything is stretched (kind of) and i would like a different resolution to work with (if possible). I have checked the ASUS site and there is no graphics driver for Windows 10 (only Windows 7)

Any idea what i can do to increase the resolution?

L

:)

Leevis, Jan 2, 2017

2. Windows 10 resolution In my ASUS Eee Pc 1015cx

Microsoft has added support for Intel GMA Driver 3600 on Windows 8.1 but we are unable to start windows application on windows 8.1 over a resolution of 1024*600 It asks for a resolution of 1024*768.

On installing Windows 10 on my Asus Eee PC 1015cx I can easily run apps of Windows on the resolution of 800*600...

If Microsoft and Intel Adds Supported GMA Driver for 3600 Series it would become for efficient for the Asus Eee PC 1015cx users to run apps on the resolution of 1024*600...

Shame on you MICROSOFT and INTEL!!!

Rohan Bhoir, Jan 2, 2017
  3. asus eee pc 1000h problem with win 10

Might be a driver issue? I wonder if Asus have Windows 10 drivers for the Eee PC.

Yasshiel Zhang, Jan 2, 2017
  4. EdTittel Win User

On the PC Customization and Overclocking Forum here, you'll find a thread named Let's run Win10 on really really old hardware. If memory serves, this thread includes ample discussion of issues related to the old Asus EEE netbook (of which I was once a proud owner). If it doesn't address graphics resolution directly -- and it very well might -- it will point you to other forum members who've had success in installing and using Win10 on these nifty little netbooks.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Jan 2, 2017
  5. valihrach Win User
    Make system image using Macrium Reflect, or at least create Restore Point.

If you have Intel graphics driver already installed, uninstall it using DDU:
    Display Driver Uninstaller Download version 17.0.4.0

According to your operating system (32/64 bit), install one of these drivers:
    Download Intel(R) Graphics Media Accelerator 3150 for Windows 7* 32-bit
    Download Intel(R) Graphics Media Accelerator 3150 Driver for Windows 7* 64 bit
    Yes, they are for Windows 7, but they run flawlessly under Windows 10 and they have Intel HD Graphics Control Panel included.

Using "Show or hide updates" tool, block all future updates of graphics driver from Windows Update:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3183922

Now you may set display resolution to 1024x600 which is its native. If you want sometimes to use 1024x768 "fake" resolution, you may follow this guide formerly found somewhere on the net:

>>> Use a registry hack to enable higher resolutions. This step makes Windows 7 allow you to increase the resolution beyond the maximum 1024x600. While in Windows 7, open the registry editor. Find all the instances of the key 'Display1_DownScalingSupported' and double click on them to change the value of each one to '1'. <<<

Tested and working on EEE PC 1005PG (improved by 2GB RAM module and 240GB SSD), using Windows 10 Home 64bit, build 1511.

valihrach, Jan 2, 2017
  6. Plankton Win User
    This is simply because the default rez of the laptop is set and can not be change. Where the minimum rez for OS's 8/8.1/10 has a minimum requirement based on the device itself.

There are a few registry hacks out there to fix this....as I have done this on my Asus EEE PC.

This is it.....
    How to Change Your Netbook's Screen Resolution

[youtube]6aB3_LBecPg[/youtube]

Plankton, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Asus EEE PC Resolution Issue - Similar Threads - Asus EEE Resolution

2. Virtual PC - Resolution issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Virtual PC - Resolution issue: I've got a client/Venue that uses a virtual PC as their main server for their business.The issue we are having is that the resolution has reverted to something other than the recommended settings it was on 1920x1080. This had happened after a restart and updates were applied...
  3. Virtual PC - Resolution issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virtual PC - Resolution issue: I've got a client/Venue that uses a virtual PC as their main server for their business.The issue we are having is that the resolution has reverted to something other than the recommended settings it was on 1920x1080. This had happened after a restart and updates were applied...
  4. Virtual PC - Resolution issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Which Windows OS for my Asus Eee PC 900?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Which Windows OS for my Asus Eee PC 900?: Hey, umm, what Windows OS would be good for my Asus Eee PC 900? I know, it's almost 20 years old but i want to make it useful. So, what Windows OS would be perfect for my netbook?Here are the specs of my Eee PC 900: Intel Celeron M CPU, 900 MHz16 GB of SSD2 GB of RAMIntel GMA...
  6. Which Windows OS for my Asus Eee PC 900?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Which Windows OS for my Asus Eee PC 900?: Hey, umm, what Windows OS would be good for my Asus Eee PC 900? I know, it's almost 20 years old but i want to make it useful. So, what Windows OS would be perfect for my netbook?Here are the specs of my Eee PC 900: Intel Celeron M CPU, 900 MHz16 GB of SSD2 GB of RAMIntel GMA...
  7. ASUS XG49V Resolution

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ASUS XG49V Resolution: I'm setting up a new ASUS XG49V monitor with my Windows 10 machine. XG49V recomends 3840X1080 resolution, widows 10 only has up to 1920X1080. How can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/asus-xg49v-resolution/83e0c484-e70d-4f13-952a-3410a790149a
  8. Eee PC video driver not right

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Eee PC video driver not right: I got ten on my Eee PC but I am having difficulty getting the right video driver installed. I am unable to adjust the screen resolution or extend the screen to a vga monitor that I have connected. The screen is blue or cyan but that might be due to the cable might be going...
  9. W10 on Eee Pc 701sd!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    W10 on Eee Pc 701sd!: I've just clean installed Windows 10 on my Eee PC 701sd (with 64gb ssd), which had Windows 7 on it - and used the tutorial for clean install without upgrading first, to activate. I have been having problems with Windows 7 on it recently after running it with that on for a...
  10. windows 10 on an Eee PC???

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 on an Eee PC???: I am trying to put Windows 10 onto an Eee PC. The first attempt had an issue which was looking for some drivers. I am trying to redownload 10 as the first time the download got interrupted as the computer turned off due to battery issues. I am sitting close to the wireless...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can Asus eepc 1000h run window 10 64bit

2. app windows resolution display 10 netbook eepc problem

3. asus resolution issue windows 10