Windows 10: Asus F751LN Intel Rapid Storage driver issues.

Discus and support Asus F751LN Intel Rapid Storage driver issues. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi guys, Got this laptop (Asus F751LN) and it has a 24GB SSD (and a separate 1TB HDD) which I assume is used for data caching. Problem is I looked... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by nocturne, Aug 17, 2015.

1. nocturne Win User

Asus F751LN Intel Rapid Storage driver issues.

Hi guys,

Got this laptop (Asus F751LN) and it has a 24GB SSD (and a separate 1TB HDD) which I assume is used for data caching. Problem is I looked quite a bit over various threads and forums and didn't found an answer to my question. And that would be "What do I need to install in order to use the SSD as cache?".

Over at Intel's site they have a Windows 10 driver but it is named "Intel Rapid Storage Technology RAID Driver". My laptop doesn't have the option in the BIOS to turn the SATA mode to RAID. I have only AHCI. I assume there should be a way for the SSD to be used as cache in this mode because why would they include it in the laptop if it can't be used. Wouldn't make any sense.

One more thing, I run Windows 10 64 bit currently. Any help will be much appreciated.

:)

nocturne, Aug 17, 2015
  2. DaveM121 Win User

blue screen failure ASUS computer

Hi Ken, that error is caused by the Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver

Go to the support page on the Asus Website for your device

Download and install the version of Intel Rapid Storage Technology that they recommend - you might need to uninstall the version that is causing issue first . . .

DaveM121, Aug 17, 2015
  3. HDD won't spin down/sleep in Windows 10

I've been doing some digging into this. If you are running an Intel system that uses Intel Rapid Storage Technology (Intel RST) then please feel free to digest this conveniently locked thread on the Intel forums:

New RST 14.0.0.1143 doesn't allow HDDs to spin down (bug?)

In short the approved Windows 10 drivers from version 14 and above have a bug that prevents the standard HDD spin down in Windows 10 from functioning.

I have an Asus H97M-e motherboard and on the Asus website the official driver is 14.5.0.1081 and this prevents the drives from spinning down.

I have managed to resolve the issue on my machine by uninstalling Intel Rapid Storage Technology package from 'add remove programs' which also removes the driver. Windows will then install a default MS AHCI driver which will actually work fine and resolve
    the issue. But as suggested on the Intel forum by another user I have installed RST driver version 13.6.0.1002 which is available from the Intel website here:

Download Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) User Interface and Driver

It is worth installing the earlier driver (Designed for Win 8.1 and below) as this allows the additional power saving features of the chipset.

Paul Seagrave, Aug 17, 2015
Thema:

Asus F751LN Intel Rapid Storage driver issues.

1. Asus F751LN Intel Rapid Storage driver issues. - Similar Threads - Asus F751LN Intel

2. Intel rapid storage not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intel rapid storage not working: how do i install windows when intel rapid storage is no working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/intel-rapid-storage-not-working/a78f503c-8543-46f5-8162-51708c2dffbf
  3. Intel rapid storage to ahci

in Windows 10 Support
    Intel rapid storage to ahci: Hi, and thanks in advance! I have to upgrade my storage, and I have found answers, but not for the whole question. I have a msi gt73, with 2256gb nvme in raid 0, and a 2tb hdd (dynamic disc). I want to get rid of intel ras, and upgrade one of the nvme to a 1tb nvme. The...
  4. How to update Intel Rapid Storage Driver?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to update Intel Rapid Storage Driver?: Hello, I noticed a new version for the Intel Rapid Storage driver. I only install the config files through Device Manager. But which way is the best way to do this? Should I first remove the current version under IDE ATA/ATAPI-controllers in Device Manager or can I just use...
  5. Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver: When i try to instal the driver from HP assistant it always fails to install. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/intel-rapid-storage-technology-driver/36432a2f-a9e6-467c-b7c8-13af2badac9f
  6. Intel Rapid Storage driver

Intel Rapid Storage driver: why won't the Intel Rapid Storage driver install https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/intel-rapid-storage-driver/50e737b2-6bc0-453a-b5d9-a0472e268d3c
  7. Intel Storage Or rapid storage

Intel Storage Or rapid storage: Hi , I am having this issue after IRS just decided to merge both of my hard drives into one and creating a recovery thing on it , I believe its called array which is named by SATA_Array_0000 , my ssd is around 250 GB and the other harddrive is 1TB which is gone now ,...
  8. Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver 15.2.0.20?

Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver 15.2.0.20?: Is this only for Intel 6th/7th gen platforms? I'm still on 14.8.0.1042, unsure whether I update to this version... Download Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) RAID Driver 80393
  9. Intel Rapid Storage driver issue

Intel Rapid Storage driver issue: Hi all, I've had an issue for some time with my Intel 8 Series/C220 Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller. I'm running Win10 Pro 64 and updated earlier this year from Win7 Pro 64. I use Driver Genius to scan my drivers for updates and I got a message back in May to update to...
  10. Intel Rapid Storage Technology Drivers

Intel Rapid Storage Technology Drivers: For PCH5/6/7/8 Intel Rapid Storage Technology Version 12.9.4.1000 WHQL http://www.station-drivers.com/index...id=687&lang=en 22629