Windows 10: asus F9 doesn't work after fresh install windows 10

Discus and support asus F9 doesn't work after fresh install windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; hello everybody i have asus zenbook pro UX501VW with windows 10 OS, after i tried fresh installation with media creation tool, F9 doesn't function... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by oshimi, May 30, 2017.

1. oshimi Win User

asus F9 doesn't work after fresh install windows 10

hello everybody

i have asus zenbook pro UX501VW with windows 10 OS,
    after i tried fresh installation with media creation tool, F9 doesn't function
    and 'reset PC' from windows bring me restore of the fresh installation.

the original recovery partition exist
    what shell i do ?

asus F9 doesn't work after fresh install windows 10 [​IMG]

asus F9 doesn't work after fresh install windows 10 [​IMG]

:)

oshimi, May 30, 2017
  2. jpycior Win User

I can not turn off my touchpad and use mouse only after installing Windows 10.

After installing Windows 10, I am unable to use the F9 key to turn off the touchpad. I do not like to use it at all (I am a 100% mouse user) and it is driving me nuts every time I hit the touchpad the cursor shifts. I have an ASUS and just installed
    Windows 10 this AM. Any suggestion on how to make the function tool work as it doesn't seem to be working after the installation.

jpycior, May 30, 2017
  3. nasazasa Win User
    ASUS T200TA 32bit Win 10 wifi doesn't work.

After new W10 release update or fresh install wifi drivers from Asus support page or windows doesn't working. Broadcom 802.11 SDIO adapter drivers installation unsuccessful. This device cannot start. (Code 10).

nasazasa, May 30, 2017
  4. Samuria Win User

Welcome to the forum. The f9 function will be over written with new install. Why do you want the old recover as it will be out of date install you can download the latest Windows free and do a updated install

Samuria, May 30, 2017
  5. oshimi Win User
    i see,
    but there is a way to fix that ? F9 function

oshimi, May 30, 2017
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    Do a complete restore of the factory software from the system recovery drive/disks made from the original factory software.

NavyLCDR, May 31, 2017
  7. oshimi Win User
    this is all about ... i cant do that
    i have only original hidden recovery partition

oshimi, May 31, 2017
  8. Samuria Win User

As explained if you use recovery you will have an old version of windows and need 1,00 of updates but you can download the latest win 10 and do a clean install no key is required Download Windows 10
    If windows is loading you should be able to creat recovery media using backtacker

Samuria, May 31, 2017
  9. oshimi Win User
    ASUS Backtracker doesn't support my OS

thanks a lot Samuria

oshimi, Jun 1, 2017
  10. oshimi Win User
    i would like to hear from you

oshimi, Jun 1, 2017
  11. NavyLCDR New Member
    Give up on the Asus F9 recovery and when you have a good, solid install make a backup image of it with a reliable backup and restore program like Macrium Reflect Free. The F9 recovery relied upon a partition on the hard drive for recovery anyway and that becomes pretty much useless if the hard drive crashes.

NavyLCDR, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. asus F9 doesn't work after fresh install windows 10 - Similar Threads - asus doesn't fresh

2. bootable USB doesn't work. Can't install fresh Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bootable USB doesn't work. Can't install fresh Windows: I tried to install fresh windows on my laptop and then when I boot to the bootable USB, it says that the PC needs to be repaired and the winload.efi is missing, it only occurs on bootable USB and my SSD which my old windows is installed is working. Is there anything I can do...
  3. bootable USB doesn't work. Can't install fresh Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    bootable USB doesn't work. Can't install fresh Windows: I tried to install fresh windows on my laptop and then when I boot to the bootable USB, it says that the PC needs to be repaired and the winload.efi is missing, it only occurs on bootable USB and my SSD which my old windows is installed is working. Is there anything I can do...
  4. Windows 10 after fresh install

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 after fresh install: As we all know, Windows 10 installation comes with pre-installed apps, automatically starting services. Now just to be clear I want to be in the safe side this time, that's why I'm asking here. What are the applications and services that are unnecessary & doesn't effect...
  5. Windows 10 fresh Install not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 fresh Install not working: Hey, I just finished my new PC build and I think I did all the cables correctly. I can boot into UEFI and set the boot device to the USB stick. I can see the windows logo with the spinning circle for a moment. After about a second the screen turns black. PC is on, Mouse...
  6. fRESH START NOT WORKING on asus

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    fRESH START NOT WORKING on asus: Hi im trying to restore my laptop back to factory setting as the sd card reader is not working please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fresh-start-not-working-on-asus/31f92f7e-7af2-4cf4-89ba-c606d81b378c
  7. Windows 10 won't boot after fresh installation on Asus Vivobook F510UA

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 won't boot after fresh installation on Asus Vivobook F510UA: I feel like I am running out of options here. I have an Asus Vivobook F510UA-AH51 with a newly installed Crucial M.2 SATA model MX500 (CT250MX500SSD4). I removed the originally installed SATA hard drive and am only running the installation with a single stick of RAM (the...
  8. FN+F9 does not disable ASUS touchpad

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    FN+F9 does not disable ASUS touchpad: Hi, I'm looking for a solution to fix the function combination to disable/enable the touchpad for my ASUS laptop (fn+f9). Here is a list of troubleshooting that I have already conducted myself: Downloaded ASUS Smart Gesture. Browsed to "Program Files (x86) /Asus Smart...
  9. Unable to use ASUS recovery partition, f9 is not working

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Unable to use ASUS recovery partition, f9 is not working: Hi, i have recently upgraded my ASUS F555LP to windows 10, but the update gave me problems, so i decided to restore the laptop to "out of the box" conditions. When i try to press f9 to restore it, it show me a recovery enviroment that is not of the asus but it seems of...
  10. HDMI doesn't work after upgrading to WIndows 10 on ASUS Laptop

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    HDMI doesn't work after upgrading to WIndows 10 on ASUS Laptop: Hi all, after upgrading to Windows 10, I see that my projector OPTOMA is not recognized via cable HDMI by my laptop ASUS X751L : no image with message 'source not found' !! (while the cable VGA works perfectly !) I suspected that it's a problem of driver but I don't know...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ux501vw f9 not working

2. asus ux501vw f9 dont work