Windows 10: Asus GL553VE Windows Updates Question

Discus and support Asus GL553VE Windows Updates Question in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello there, hope everything's fine around there. Today I bought an Asus ROG GL553VE and obviously I made a little research first. After reading many... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Manuel Martins-Mourão, Aug 20, 2018.

1. Asus GL553VE Windows Updates Question

Hello there, hope everything's fine around there.

Today I bought an Asus ROG GL553VE and obviously I made a little research first. After reading many forums and threads I understanded that there was huge problems when Windows Update updated the OS to Fall Creators, Anniversary and others.

My question is if I update today to the latest current version of the OS am I going to have the same compatibility issues, blue screen of death's, and other type of errors that Asus ROG users had in the past.

I ask only for a quick response so I can know I can connect the laptop to the internet (because I don't fully trust Windows Update blocking method's that are all over the web.)

Model- Asus ROG GL553VE

OS - Windows 10 Home

Cheers

(The laptop is going to mostly be used for sound producing, live act's and such, which means I need it to be totally reliable)

:)

Manuel Martins-Mourão, Aug 20, 2018

2. Asus GL553VE Windows Updates Question

Hello there, hope everything's fine around there.

Today I bought an Asus ROG GL553VE and obviously I made a little research first. After reading many forums and threads I understanded that there was huge problems when Windows Update updated the OS to Fall Creators, Anniversary and others.

My question is if I update today to the latest current version of the OS am I going to have the same compatibility issues, blue screen of death's, and other type of errors that Asus ROG users had in the past.

I ask only for a quick response so I can know I can connect the laptop to the internet (because I don't fully trust Windows Update blocking method's that are all over the web.)

Model- Asus ROG GL553VE

OS - Windows 10 Home

Cheers

(The laptop is going to mostly be used for sound producing, live act's and such, which means I need it to be totally reliable)

Manuel Martins-Mourão, Sep 13, 2018
  3. ASUS GL553VE with Windows 1709 what to do?

Have any of you tried updating the bios? ASUS recently uploaded a new BIOS, trying to update mine now.

Laptop ASUS FX553VE, but it shows on Gaming center that it is GL553VE, so I'm assuming we have the same problem.

What I did before:

Fresh install but it updated to the latest windows, tried to do the show or hide updates but alas I could not block the Windows update 1709, or I must be doing something wrong.

Exxon OzzyMolena, Sep 13, 2018
  4. PaulCosky Win User

Asus GL553VE Windows Updates Question

ASUS GL553VE with Windows 1709 what to do?

Hello Sir. We have the same product a GL553ve. I have also encountered this problem when I updated it to Fall Creators Update. For what I have researched the Fall Creators Update (1709) is not yet compatible for all the Asus laptops or notebooks. The best
    way is to go back to the previous version which is the Creators Update (1703). You need to backup all your important files before resetting it.

Hope this helps. Goodluck.

PaulCosky, Sep 13, 2018
Thema:

Asus GL553VE Windows Updates Question

1. Asus GL553VE Windows Updates Question - Similar Threads - Asus GL553VE Updates

2. Code 43 Error: Asus Rog GL553VE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Code 43 Error: Asus Rog GL553VE: Hello guys, I have asked this question before about my laptop, its been one and a half year till I stopped using my graphics card gtx1050ti in my pc, not because I don't want to but because its giving code 43 error, I have tried everything. Today I went to a repair shop and...
  3. Code 43 Error: Asus Rog GL553VE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Code 43 Error: Asus Rog GL553VE: Hello guys, I have asked this question before about my laptop, its been one and a half year till I stopped using my graphics card gtx1050ti in my pc, not because I don't want to but because its giving code 43 error, I have tried everything. Today I went to a repair shop and...
  4. Code 43 Error: Asus Rog GL553VE

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows update, Asus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update, Asus: I had no idea what happened, because I had not enabled or installed BitLocker, a Windows encryption security service that requires you to enter a recovery key, which is associated with your Windows account.I checked my Windows account, which was associated with this device,...
  6. Windows update, Asus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update, Asus: I had no idea what happened, because I had not enabled or installed BitLocker, a Windows encryption security service that requires you to enter a recovery key, which is associated with your Windows account.I checked my Windows account, which was associated with this device,...
  7. Odd ASUS update in Windows Update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Odd ASUS update in Windows Update: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Gandalf196 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lgbwlc/odd_asus_update_in_windows_update/
  8. Asus Crosshair VIII drivers Question

Asus Crosshair VIII drivers Question: Hi, Just installed a fresh windows and I'm a bit lost on which drivers must be installed. Especially when it comes to the Amd chipset driver and Realtek Audio Drivers. It's the second time I must reset windows on this new build due to problem and conflict. I don't want to...
  9. Random Freezes/Reboot The Only Option/ASUS GL553VE

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Random Freezes/Reboot The Only Option/ASUS GL553VE: Excellent. Yes driver updates are always a should I or shouldn't I. Since you are having issues I would be more inclined to update. I would strongly recommend you look at Macrium Reflect if you haven't already. I can't remember, you may already be using. With Macrium...
  10. BIOS update question for ASUS Crosshair Vi Hero motherboard

BIOS update question for ASUS Crosshair Vi Hero motherboard: I don't know if this is the correct forum for this so please feel free to move it as needed. I have the Asus Crosshair VI Hero board running a Ryzen 1700 with 32gb of DDR4 2400 ram. I have currently installed bios 1701, and after months of tweaking, cussing, adjusting...