Windows 10: ASUS GU501GM trackpad not being found, drivers unable to install

Discus and support ASUS GU501GM trackpad not being found, drivers unable to install in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; To whom it may concern, I am having difficulty trying to work the trackpad. Everything was able to update driver wise, though I still cannot get the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PhilipEvangelista, Jul 14, 2018.

1. ASUS GU501GM trackpad not being found, drivers unable to install

To whom it may concern,

I am having difficulty trying to work the trackpad. Everything was able to update driver wise, though I still cannot get the trackpad to work.

:)

PhilipEvangelista, Jul 14, 2018

2. Trackpad driver is constantly removed

Hi,

I understand the inconvenience caused.

Thank you for mentioning the different steps you have tried to resolve the issue, we appreciate your effort.

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

1. Press Windows key + X and select device manager.

2. Click "view" and select "show hidden devices".

3. If the trackpad driver is listed, right click on the driver and uninstall it.

4. Restart the computer and have Windows automatically install the driver upon restart.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Jul 14, 2018
  3. Asus Laptop: Trackpad does not work and Asus Smart gesture unable to install

So my Asus laptop is having a few issues. First issue is that my trackpad is not working at all. Even reinstalling the driver, it works for a few minutes until it starts flipping out when I move it like if I move it to the left it'll start freaking out and
    jump to the other direction and installing other drivers does not work.

Other issue is that Asus Smart Gesture is unable to install saying: There is a problem with the windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your local support or package vendor.

Conclusion: Mouse issues are my main problem as of right now.

and the things I tried were: Resetting it to factory settings including wiping everything out.

reinstalling drivers for trackpad including trying the synaptics brand.

reenabling it.

I would like some help to fix this issue, unless it could be the actual trackpad itself and I might need to bring it to somewhere to get fixed?

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings

CoreyAnthonyy, Jul 14, 2018
  4. ASUS GU501GM trackpad not being found, drivers unable to install

Trackpad vanished

Hi Kierra,

A system failure possibly occurred on your device, and that might be the reason why you are experiencing issues with missing trackpad option. To address this concern, we suggest enabling your trackpad by pressing the Fn key + F9 key. After doing so, kindly
    check if the touchpad is working.

If the same issue persist. We suggest manually installing the most updated touchpad driver for Asus Vivobook E403 from Asus website.

Update us about the results.

Darleen Pen, Jul 14, 2018
Thema:

ASUS GU501GM trackpad not being found, drivers unable to install

1. ASUS GU501GM trackpad not being found, drivers unable to install - Similar Threads - ASUS GU501GM trackpad

2. asus trackpad not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    asus trackpad not working: I have an 'asus tuf dash f15' and recently when i went to use my laptop today the trackpad doesn't seem to be working at all. my keyboard still works though and any mouse plugged in through usb works fine.I have - - turned trackpad off and back on- checked for driver updates-...
  3. asus trackpad not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    asus trackpad not working: I have an 'asus tuf dash f15' and recently when i went to use my laptop today the trackpad doesn't seem to be working at all. my keyboard still works though and any mouse plugged in through usb works fine.I have - - turned trackpad off and back on- checked for driver updates-...
  4. No drivers Installed or found.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No drivers Installed or found.: Where can download drivers compatible with my laptop my specs are AMD Ryzen 5 5500u and Nvidia GeForce mx450. I'm trying to install windows 10 on a laptop that has linux as it's main OS so i cant execute the exe file amd gives me when i download the drivers for my cpu, please...
  5. Installing windows precision trackpad driver

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Installing windows precision trackpad driver: My laptop is Lenovo Ideapad 320. I tried installing precision touchpad but my trackpad just stopped working after that. I reverted back to the prior driver which is ELAN. I need to know if anyone has successfully managed to upgrade a ideapad elan touchpad to precision...
  6. Asus Zenbook UX305FA Trackpad

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Asus Zenbook UX305FA Trackpad: Hi everyone, I'm trying to get two-finger scrolling and right-clicking working on the trackpad. Currently, it's just the Microsoft generic drivers operating the device and the multitouch functionality isn't working. The device ID is ACPI\VEN_SYN&DEV_0A06, though, I suspect...
  7. Asus trackpad wont disable

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Asus trackpad wont disable: Yeah, I'm fully aware of the other threads about this very issue, but not a single one has helped. fn+f9 doesn't work. Neither does updating or uninstalling the drivers. The options to disable the trackpad simply just aren't there. It's frustrating because the trackpad had...
  8. Asus Trackpad Not Working

Asus Trackpad Not Working: Hi, my trackpad on my Asus N550jk isn't working despite uninstalling and reinstalling drivers and rolling back drivers. Please help. Oh and for some reason the Asus console has the trackpad grayed out for some reason....
  9. Windows found driver but unable to install - for my printer

Windows found driver but unable to install - for my printer: My printer wasn't showing up when I tried to print, so I went to settings and it said that the driver was unavailable. After downloading drivers off of the HP website 5,000 times and it still not working, I went into device manager and tried to update my drivers from there,...
  10. Trackpad not working after installing drivers for said trackpad

Trackpad not working after installing drivers for said trackpad: This is from my reddit post about this issue i made a few hours ago: ' Issue 1: Touchpad not working Issue 2: TrackPoint not working Probable cause: Windows Insiders Preview build 18204 What I have tried: >Reinstalling drivers >Resetting the preview build >Reverting...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. gu501gm touchpad