Windows 10: Asus K501UX, Windows 10 Pro and hidden 899MB partition

Discus and support Asus K501UX, Windows 10 Pro and hidden 899MB partition in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi everyone, new member even so I always read on these forums looking for solutions. I don't know if this is the right section of the foum. I fresh... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by looked, May 20, 2018.

1. looked Win User

Asus K501UX, Windows 10 Pro and hidden 899MB partition

Hi everyone,
    new member even so I always read on these forums looking for solutions.

I don't know if this is the right section of the foum.
    I fresh reinstalled Windows 10 64bit Pro on my Asus laptop, Intel series 100 chipset Skylake-U.
    Something I don't understand is why there is a hidden partition of 899MB which was automatically created?
    Of course there the hidden 100MB system partition plus the remainig space allocated for the use of the computer.
    In the bios the default setting is set to Raid even so there is only one hard disk, but it seems working well.
    I guess this hidden partition has something to do with computer performances.
    Thanks in advance for help.

:)

looked, May 20, 2018

2. Windows 10 and deleting the hidden partitions

Hi Rob,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you would like to delete the hidden recovery partition to free space on your computer.

Please be informed that the hidden recovery partition is used to reset the computer to factory settings if there's any critical issue with the system. So, I suggest that you do not delete the hidden recovery partition on your computer.

However, you can optimize your disk space on Windows 10 computer by following the methods provided in the below given Windows Help article.

Free up drive space in Windows 10

Hope this answers your question. Post us back if you need further assistance. We'll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, May 21, 2018
  3. Windows 10 and deleting the hidden partitions

Does windows 10 need any of the hidden system recovery partitions?

Can I delete it?

I'm thinking about removing some of the hidden partitions on some pc's and laptops.

some of the hidden partitions are from the manufacture to restore back the original OS (win 7 , vista)

removing these partitions can restore about 500mb of space back

this would be great for laptops with limited HD space.

Rob

Robfly80-2, May 21, 2018
Thema:

Asus K501UX, Windows 10 Pro and hidden 899MB partition

1. Asus K501UX, Windows 10 Pro and hidden 899MB partition - Similar Threads - Asus K501UX Pro

2. hidden partition showing in my computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    hidden partition showing in my computer: the /boot/efi partition is showing up in my computer this partition is hidden. unable to do anything with it in Disk Management. Does not show a drive letter in disk management but does show a drive letter in my computer. How do I remove the drive in my computer....
  3. Why does my Windows 10 have multiple recovery partitions the largest 899mb?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why does my Windows 10 have multiple recovery partitions the largest 899mb?: Hi I did a clean install of W10 and dual booted ubuntu sometime ago. I am now deleting the ubuntu partitions and noticed I have the following: (Disk 0 partition 1) 499MB Recovery Partition (Disk 0 partition 2) 100 MB EFI System Partition (C:) NTFS 100GB (Disk 0 partition...
  4. Is Windows 10 compatible with Asus Pro P1440FB?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is Windows 10 compatible with Asus Pro P1440FB?: Is Windows 10 compatible with Asus Pro P1440FB?and Asus Pro P1440FA? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-windows-10-compatible-with-asus-pro-p1440fb/568b3b85-2fdb-47a1-a89a-5064f46e9c18
  5. Hidden Partitions

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hidden Partitions: I realize that certain partitions are hidden for good reason. But the problem I have is that when I do a full system backup twice a month, I open Macrium Reflect and it shows drive letters assigned to four different partitions. As you can see from the image below, the UEFI...
  6. Asus windows 10 pro keeps freezing.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Asus windows 10 pro keeps freezing.: I have asus F555UA laptop and SSD installed that I use for editing documents. Everything was fine until windows 10 pro started to freeze. I couldn't find the issue. So I did full format and reinstalled fresh copy of windows. Same thing happened. I thought my SSD went bad. So...
  7. Windows 10 Pro install partitioning

Windows 10 Pro install partitioning: I have downloaded both the August and November 2018 editions of Windows 10 and found that these install disks will not partition the drive correctly during installation. I can't even change the formatting for the efi partition to FAT32. As a matter of fact, the Windows...
  8. Partitioned disk hidden in each user

in Windows 10 Support
    Partitioned disk hidden in each user: Hi there, I have a laptop with 2 users. It came with an SSD and an HDD. I have partitioned the HDD and now it's like there are 2 different drives. One for one user, and one for the other user. Is there a way to hide the one that is not for the user? Let me explain. We...
  9. Hidden partitions after cloning

Hidden partitions after cloning: This is a computer I built several years ago (E6300). I have upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 Pro. I have cloned the HDD to an SSD. (I eventually figured out how using Macrium Reflect. There was another D: partition for which I used Aomei Partition Assistant to...
  10. Hidden Partition(s) on C: - Help

Hidden Partition(s) on C: - Help: I've installed Win 10 twice on my system, the first time I did an upgrade when it came out, and then last weekend I did a clean install. I never use system restore, so its turned off, but it would appear each time I installed 10 it created a 450 MB hidden partition on my C:...