Windows 10: Asus Laptop dual graphics chip - frustrating

Discus and support Asus Laptop dual graphics chip - frustrating in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; why oh why oh why would they develop a dual graphics card on one machine please go back to the hay day.. anyways I have an Asus Laptop Q534UXK and the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by encom45, Jun 8, 2018.

1. encom45 Win User

Asus Laptop dual graphics chip - frustrating

why oh why oh why would they develop a dual graphics card on one machine please go back to the hay day..

anyways I have an Asus Laptop Q534UXK and the issue is the resolution for games like origin client and other apps in that the app opens up to the recommended resolution of 3840-2160 which i know the apps was not designed for this resolution. how can i set all the apps to use their required resolution it makes it hard to see menus and such.

I know in the nvidia control panel there is a setting to change each app to use the proper Resolution but it is not there , I have the latest Nvidia drivers intstalled for the GTX geforce 950m. this would take forever to change each app and game which doesnt make sense to do.

I wanted to also confirm that since there is 2 onboard graphics devices Nvidia and intel are both suppose to run in unison ? I checked direct x and the nvidia is the render and intel is the display

thank you for any insight

:)

encom45, Jun 8, 2018

2. ASUS Laptop Not Booting!

A few days ago, I turned off my laptop for the night. The next morning, I press the power button. Nothing happened, except for the power indicator light on, the battery light on, the caps lock light on and unable to turn it off, and the hard disk light blinking
    once exactly every second. I know that the motherboard works because the fan turned on after a few minutes. I tried many things, such as turning the laptop on with AC power only (battery disconnected), same. I tried booting it with the SSD removed, same. I
    tried leaving the laptop running all night so the battery would drain, plugged it in the next morning, same. I tried pressing the power button for 2 minutes and then using the combination "FN+F5+Power button" to turn it on. I don't know what that would have
    done, but I know what it did for me: Nothing! This is getting extremely frustrating for me because I did nothing to the laptop when I turned it off the night before. Please help! The laptop is an ASUS Q501LA, running Windows 10.

Specifications:

• Processor: 4th Gen Intel Core i5-4200U “Haswell” dual-core at 1.6GHz-2.6GHz, 3MB L3 cache
    • Graphics: Intel HD 4400 integrated
    • Memory: 6GB DDR3 1,600MHz, expandable to 8GB

Metallica1554, Jun 8, 2018
  3. Error Windows 10 can't support AMD PC's Graphics Chip

Original Title: AMD PC's Graphics Chip is not supported?

I have a laptop that I use for gaming and pretty much everything. And I at first was okay with the whole Windows 10 but then it says my Graphics is Not supported! My laptop uses Radeon 7xxxG series graphics and if Windows 10 can't support it then why should
    I upgrade? So far recommendations suggested replacing my graphics card.... anyone care to tell me how I do that on a laptop when the graphics is integrated? I love my AMD laptop and I absolutely have no money to buy a replacement in the near future. So can
    someone please tell me if Microsoft is going to include support for my graphics or will I be forced to choose between the new OS and having the ability to play any games at all?

1337 64M3R, Jun 8, 2018
Thema:

Asus Laptop dual graphics chip - frustrating

1. Asus Laptop dual graphics chip - frustrating - Similar Threads - Asus Laptop dual

2. My Graphic Card NOT SWITCH ASUS N551ZU LAPTOP

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My Graphic Card NOT SWITCH ASUS N551ZU LAPTOP: Hi please guide me My laptop model is Asus N551ZU I am a graphic designer and I need Windows 10 to work with up-to-date graphics programs. Unfortunately, my graphics card does not switch in Windows 10 And the R9M280X graphics card is idle and hassle-free sleep on my laptop...
  3. Dual Graphics Card Install

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Dual Graphics Card Install: I've never tried to run dual Graphics Card but with my latest issue with installing one 4k monitor with two 1080p monitors I think that I need to. I'm currently experiencing slight dimness occasionally. I was going.to keep the one o have in there which is ASUS GeForce GTX...
  4. Laptop dual graphics card driver and update problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop dual graphics card driver and update problems: Focus on the right hand side of the photos[ATTACH] That is meant to be Microsoft word. The UI still works [ATTACH] But when I enter the document, not all the page is broken [ATTACH] And I can fix the UI by changing the size of the page (It does not need to be perfect)....
  5. Dual graphic cards

Dual graphic cards: If I purchase an Lenovo M920 with two graphics cards will the fan or fans run louder? I do not do any gaming. I have read conflicting information whether a second GPU will improve performance of video streaming. Would having a second card improve video quality on Netflix or...
  6. external storage chip (SDHC card in asus laptop)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    external storage chip (SDHC card in asus laptop): how do I activate it, I have it in and when I look at my storage I see it but I dont know how to use it and since my laptop doesn't have much storage on this thing and I got a chip for sims4...
  7. Who can identify this graphics card by looking at it's chip?

Who can identify this graphics card by looking at it's chip?: Im just curious to know which graphics card this is View attachment 9023
  8. Asus Precog is a dual-screen regular-sized Windows 10 laptop

in Windows 10 News
    Asus Precog is a dual-screen regular-sized Windows 10 laptop: The reports have confirmed that Microsoft is working on a foldable mobile device codenamed Andromeda (often referred to as Surface Phone). The mythical device will have two different display and it would run on Microsoft’s Windows Core OS. Asus, on the other hand, has today...
  9. Where the audio chip location on Asus X550LD laptop motherboard?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Where the audio chip location on Asus X550LD laptop motherboard?: My Asus X550LD laptop do not have any sound from internal speaker and headphone jack. After update the driver,it still not working. There is no any sound device found in device manager. So I decide to open the laptop and see whether there have the internal audio chip or...
  10. Asus N55S laptop graphics card keeps crashing in Win10

Asus N55S laptop graphics card keeps crashing in Win10: Hello, I have been having a screen freezing issue for awhile now. My Asus laptop is hooked up to an HP 2310m monitor as well as a Samsung TV using a monoprice HDMI splitter. It has been hook up that way for quite awhile. I rarely use the TV with the computer but its there...