Windows 10: Asus Laptop Fans WHIR ON a little too much (I think)

Discus and support Asus Laptop Fans WHIR ON a little too much (I think) in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Greetings, I'm a Windows noob. Enjoying 10 very much. However my Asus k501lx-eb71 has two fans -- and they kick in a little too much. I eye task... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by The Pool Man, Oct 16, 2015.

1. Asus Laptop Fans WHIR ON a little too much (I think)

Greetings,

I'm a Windows noob. Enjoying 10 very much. However my Asus k501lx-eb71 has two fans -- and they kick in a little too much. I eye task manager and it's not that something is running crazy. The fans simply kick on and off with any taxing behavior whatsoever.

Boot Firefox with some Facebook and Huff? Fans for 30 seconds. Boot iTunes? Fans for 40 seconds. Control panel activates a system maintenance? Fans. Install software? Fans. Windows Defender? Fans.

I've contacted Asus support once or twice. Regrettably I think they need more support than I do, but I digress. Anyway does anyone have any idea of how I might adjust fans to ease up a bit -- or is that foolish? If they want to keep things cool, let'em? It's not noisy like something is broken. Just a little too eager (I guess).

The Bios currently offers no solution. And I'm fairly convinced it's the latest bios. One area of interest is attached as a picture.

Asus Laptop Fans WHIR ON a little too much (I think) [​IMG]

:)

The Pool Man, Oct 16, 2015

2. Windows 10 Update on Nov 30, 2017

Since I updated Windows 10 on November 30, 2010 -my fan (I think) or something spinning on my laptop is making a lot of noise. I've never had this problem before the update. How can this be fixed? I don't have too much too much experience with changing
    settings... Will someone please give me easy directions on how to fix this issue? Thanks ever so much!!!

ConnieBreth, Oct 16, 2015
  3. Fan speed problems on ASUS ux501 (Windows 10)

I have ASUS laptop ux501. I dont use any software to control fan speed. The fan is build-in.

Personally I think that here is a trouble with Intel video card, because fans spin on full speed only while I don't use nVidia card. But it is my opinion and I may mistake

Vladislav Tochanenko, Oct 16, 2015
  4. 17scotts Win User

Asus Laptop Fans WHIR ON a little too much (I think)

I have the same exact problem as you, fan suddenly turns on and off at random moments when no intensive processes show up on task manager. I have the updated Windows 10 ASUS k501ux. Speedfan doesn't show my fans and NoteBook Fancontrol doesn't work either (probably due to compatibility issues and Windows 10). Help would be appreciated!

17scotts, Nov 9, 2015
  5. Help is here. And it's kinda so simple. Go to power options. If you're set to 'balanced' change to 'power saver' mode.

Dramatically reduces. Tell me if it works for you too.

The Pool Man, Nov 21, 2015
  6. 17scotts Win User
    Wow it actually worked! No sound while watching youtube vids! Haven't tried playing a game yet, does it reduce gaming performance/fps? Any reason why it would work? I used to be on high performance.

17scotts, Nov 22, 2015
  7. No CLUE about gaming performance. I'd suspect it's doing something. I'm not a gamer. Just needed the damn thing to STFU.

The Pool Man, Nov 22, 2015
  8. Cobalt Win User

I just bought a K501UX-WH74 and this constant fan issue is driving me nuts. I tried changing the power settings, but that doesn't seem to help. Sometimes the fan stays quiet, but other times it turns on and off repeatedly with no relationship to system performance. I'll have nothing open but a browser window and it will start to spin up over and over.

A reliable fix would be greatly appreciated. I wrote Asus as well, and wonder if they will have any advice.

Cobalt, Feb 3, 2016
  9. Cobalt Win User
    I may have found a temporary fix, after searching for solutions to fan issues on other Asus models: NoteBook FanControl (Releases · hirschmann/nbfc · GitHub)

K501UX is not in the config list, but I used Asus Zenbook UX32LN following advice of an Amazon review. I don't know if this has merely disabled the fan, but it has stopped repeatedly spinning at full speed. Would be nice if there was an official fix.

Cobalt, Feb 3, 2016
  10. I have to thank Cobalt ten thousand times over, nonetheless the nbfc developers.

As 18 december 2016 there is a profile specific for Asus K501UX on nbfc repository
    It is just required to download the latest compiled release, 1.5.0 at the moment of writing, manually download the Asus file and import it in the program.

Your CPU fan will start when the CPU temperature raises over 65°C, that is perfectly fine, and basically never spins unless you are playing or compiling.

It's a completely different laptop now ^^

colthreepv, Feb 10, 2017
  11. frknik Win User
    Amazing! Thanks so much guys... Works prefectly, I was about to go nuts with 501UX ...

frknik, Apr 29, 2017
  12. ircsmith Win User
    the power setting did nothing for me. I did the nbfc fan control and am sitting here in blessed silence with my cpu sitting at 46C. thanks so much for the post colthreepv. I can now keep this laptop!

ircsmith, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Asus Laptop Fans WHIR ON a little too much (I think) - Similar Threads - Asus Laptop Fans

2. my laptop is taking too much time for sleep and while sleeping fan of laptop is on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my laptop is taking too much time for sleep and while sleeping fan of laptop is on: there is also no option of hybrid sleep what am i supposed to do ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-is-taking-too-much-time-for-sleep-and/12c671f1-208c-4eb0-89bf-dd9c726445ea
  3. my laptop is taking too much time for sleep and while sleeping fan of laptop is on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my laptop is taking too much time for sleep and while sleeping fan of laptop is on: there is also no option of hybrid sleep what am i supposed to do ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-is-taking-too-much-time-for-sleep-and/12c671f1-208c-4eb0-89bf-dd9c726445ea
  4. the fan of my laptop HP Envy x365 keep active too much time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the fan of my laptop HP Envy x365 keep active too much time: every time time when i start my laptop the fan active and keeps active for all the time that i used, i dont know why but Im concerned with this i check my task manager and all the data look correctly i look for any pending update but the laptop its up to date with windows 11...
  5. the fan of my laptop HP Envy x365 keep active too much time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    the fan of my laptop HP Envy x365 keep active too much time: every time time when i start my laptop the fan active and keeps active for all the time that i used, i dont know why but Im concerned with this i check my task manager and all the data look correctly i look for any pending update but the laptop its up to date with windows 11...
  6. My Laptop is Lagging too much

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Laptop is Lagging too much: Hi My Laptop is Lagging too much I cant play well and I am getting irritated. OS Name: Microsoft Windows 10 Home Version: 10.0.19042 Build 19042 Other OS Description: Not Available OS Manufacturer: Microsoft Corporation System Name: DESKTOP-OS6GI96 System Manufacturer: Dell...
  7. My laptop is heating too much

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop is heating too much: Hi friends. My laptop is heating up and I feel the laptop is getting hot. Some times the core temp gives me a value of 96 Celsius and at the other time its between 50 and 80. For this should I use a cooling pad or are there any other upgrades to do and give me a quick reply...
  8. Too little in updates and too much going on elsewhere

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Too little in updates and too much going on elsewhere: [img] [img] Bone empty. As of today, still no updates since about....Nov. 3. Just definition updates. Lately under Security & Maintenance it's been installing between 86 to 256 fixes & minor upgrades per day for the past 2 weeks or so. But lately it's been having a...
  9. Asus G11CD-K Quick Little Question Regarding Fan Control

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Asus G11CD-K Quick Little Question Regarding Fan Control: Hi There lately been using the Asus AEGIS III software to control the fans more, sometimes when gaming i set it to Performance mode, Temps lately been staying up 72C while gaming/higher load on the system, For other tasks i switch it back to Silent setting Is that bad to...
  10. Whirring PSU fan

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Whirring PSU fan: So the computer that I’m using is my brother in-laws. I don’t know much about it other than that he apparently paid to have the specs all “top notch”. I don’t think it’s anymore than 2 years old. I use the computer for my work every day from 6 am to 10 pm and it is my...