Windows 10: ASUS Laptop G55VW ROG driver missing

Discus and support ASUS Laptop G55VW ROG driver missing in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Greetings. After upgrading to windows 10 from win7, my laptop are missing some features, like backlight in the keyboard, and some of the functionskeys... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Burgurne, Jun 12, 2015.

1. Burgurne Win User

ASUS Laptop G55VW ROG driver missing

Greetings.
    After upgrading to windows 10 from win7, my laptop are missing some features, like backlight in the keyboard, and some of the functionskeys do not work anymore. The missing backlight is the biggest issue, as the letters on the keys are hard to see, as they are designet for backlight.
    During POST the light is there (and also if I enter BIOS-setup), but as soon as windows 10 is beginning to load, the light goes out, and the functionkeys to enable it don't work. Also the functionkeys for Volume up/down, and Brightness down of the screen does not work (brightness UP does work ??!??).

I can't seem to find a driver that fix it. Can anybody help? *Redface

My laptop is this:
    ROG | G55VW | ASUS Global

:)

Burgurne, Jun 12, 2015

2. Microsoft Display Adapter and Windows 10

The problem is that "connect to a wireless display" does not show up at all. I have the following. (Everything is updated to the latest firmware and drivers)

Asus Rog Laptop (G55VW)

Intel I7

Qualcomm Atheros AR9485WB-EG wireless network adapter

Nvidia Geforce GTX 660M

AaronAnderson_990, Jun 12, 2015
  3. Windows 10 no sound Asus G55VW 64bit

I upgraded my Asus G55VW Windows 7 Home to Windows 10 home and when I had finished the upgrade and my laptop turned on there was no sound at all and my audio driver is missing. What can I do to get my audio driver back and get sound on my laptop

YossieLicea, Jun 12, 2015
  4. BunnyJ New Member

That was an issue with a few builds but in the latest ones it's been fixed. Are you using build 10130??

BunnyJ, Jun 12, 2015
  5. Burgurne Win User
    Yes. New downloaded an clean installed Build 10130.

Burgurne, Jun 12, 2015
  6. Try this dirver ... select Win 8 ??bit as the OS

ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download ATKPackage
    - if you don't know the bit depth of your machine,
    See: How to determine whether a computer is running 32-bit or 64-bit Windows
    The page tells you the bit depth in a box under Automatic version detection results
    To make it easier for members to help find solutions in the future,

Please update the Systems Specs in your forum profile with complete information.

• In the System Manufacturer/Model Number field, manually type Desktop or Laptop adding it to the information already in the field. The specific model number is important - there are often many models of a given series.
      For example, my machine is a HP Pavilion dv6, but there are tens of the dv6 series, so dv6-6c10us is the specific model.

• Specify Custom Build as the manufacturer if it is not an OEM machine.
    The easiest way to do this is to use the information from a PUBLISHED Speccy report.
    See: Speccy - Publish Snapshot of your System Specs

Post the link to the report that Speccy gives you and also open the Speccy link.
    Then click here to view your System Specs on this forum.

When you have both windows open, put them side-by-side and simply copy the information, field by field, from the Speccy report to your System Specs.

To see what information other members provide in their System Specs, click on My System Specs in the lower left of any post by any member.

Thanks

Slartybart, Jun 12, 2015
  7. bordi Win User
    If you've formatted your hard drive before or as you were clean installing your new version of windows, then you'll have to download a new driver from the link that Slartybart gave you or use a third party driver updater.

If you've clean installed windows without formatting then you will find the original driver is safely waiting for you in windows old/ system 32.

bordi, Jun 12, 2015
  8. Burgurne Win User

Thank you. That did it!
    This laptop is NOT on my specs, as it is just a working-PC. My gamerPC is what I have in my specs ASUS Laptop G55VW ROG driver missing :)

Burgurne, Jun 12, 2015
  9. You're welcome, I'm glad it resolved the issue.

Slartybart, Jun 13, 2015
  10. Burgurne Win User
    Well, it did solve the issue, but it gave another problem *cry

Now, when the laptop are goping to sleep or hibernate, and it wakes up again, the keyboard don't work. None of the keys works! That is until I plug in an USB-sender for my wireless keyboard to another PC, the keyboard on the laptop works again. I can take the USBplug out again at once, and the keyboard on the laptop works fine until next sleep/hibernate. If I plug in a USB-pen, it still not works, so my guess is, that Windows has to "see" a keyboard to let the buildin keyboard work.

Can this be solved by a driver? If yes, which one? I have tried all the Utilities I can find on ASUS' web-page, but without luck.

Burgurne, Jun 13, 2015
  11. It might be hibernation that is causing the issue.

Try disabling hibernation to test (you can turn it back on if you wish)

Right click the Taskbar Windows logo
    Select Command prompt (Admin) from the WinX menu
    enter the following commands:

powercfg /h Off
    exit
    There is no output from the powercfg command - just so you know not to expect something on the screen.

Restart the machine

To accurately re-create the conditions do the same thing that you did that caused the issue. Either let Windows time-out sleep or select sleep from the power menu
    ASUS Laptop G55VW ROG driver missing [​IMG]
    on the Start list
    To turn hibernation back on, issue the following commands in a Command prompt (Admin)

powercfg /h On
    exit
    You always have to restart when you change hibernation - it's when the file, hiberfil.sys gets created or deleted.

Hope that helps a bit - special drivers might not get the attention at MS that standard drivers get.
    Please feed MS the information and they can work with Asus - they'll figure it out, but they have to know about it *Wink

Slartybart, Jun 14, 2015
  12. Burgurne Win User
    I have now tried this in an elevated prompt:
    powercfg /h Off
    exit

Reboot

Then put the laptop to Sleep via sleep-button.

Wake it up again via PowerOn button.

And the keyboard still does not work. I then have to either reboot or "connect and disconnect" an USB keyboard to get the buildin keyboard to work again.

As English is not my first language (you might have guessed this already ASUS Laptop G55VW ROG driver missing :) )will you help me with a text I can send to Microsoft with this error? I really want them to understand the problem, both for me, but allso for other users with this model from ASUS.

Burgurne, Jun 14, 2015
  13. ASUS Laptop G55VW ROG driver missing

I think your original post plus the driver update and turning off hibernation is fine.

Paraphrasing your posts:

After upgrading Windows 7 to Windows 10, my ASUS ROG G55VW laptop is missing some features.
    The backlit keyboard and some of the functions keys do not work anymore.
    https://www.asus.com/ROG_ROG/G55VW/

I downloaded the 10.0.130 ISO from the Insider page and did a clean install, the issue was not resolved.

I tried the ATKPackage driver from ASUS
    Official Support | ASUS Global

This helped until the computer entered a sleep / hibernate state. When the machine returned from sleep / hibernate, the keyboard doesn't work at all.

I found out that if I connect a USB transceiver for a wireless keyboard and then disconnect it, the laptop keyboard functions well, until the next sleep state. The keyboard that has the issue is the built-in keyboard ... the USB transceiver is just a workaround.

The laptop keyboard also functions correctly until the next sleep state if I perform a cold start.

I turned off hibernation and that did not resolve the issue.

I'm not sure that my English is any better than yours. *Smile

If you use the Feedback app, it might offer you the opportunity to reproduce the issue (I usually see this button below the screen shot button, but not always). This allows MS to capture the entire issue and collect data that will help find a solution.
    While I wrote the above, I thought of something else you could try.

In your current power plan, try changing the value of
    Power options > Advanced settings > USB settings > USB selective suspend setting
    If it is enabled set it to disabled
    ... if it is disabled set it to enabled.

ASUS Laptop G55VW ROG driver missing [​IMG]

There's also a setting for device power management, but that's accessed though Device Manager and you have to determine the correct hardware. It's very difficult to troubleshoot that remotely and requires a lot of research on the machine.

The USB transceiver seems to be the best clue - try the USB suspend setting.

Slartybart, Jun 15, 2015
  14. Burgurne Win User
    It did not work with changing the USB selective settings. So I will copy&paste your text into the feedback-app to Microsoft, and hoping they will work along with ASUS (and maybe other laptop producers?) to sort this out.

Thank you so much for your time spend helping me out ASUS Laptop G55VW ROG driver missing :)

Burgurne, Jun 15, 2015
  15. It was my pleasure, you are welcome.

Too bad the selective suspend did not help. It was worth a shot though.

It looks as though you'll have to manage the issue until the next drop. Hopefully the issue will be laid to rest.

You have a workaround (connect a USB transceiver), although I'm sure that is not how you want to operate your machine.

It might be easier if your machine doesn't sleep - just power down the screen and drives after 10 or 15 minutes.

Bill

Slartybart, Jun 15, 2015
Thema:

1. ASUS Laptop G55VW ROG driver missing - Similar Threads - ASUS Laptop G55VW

2. ASUS ROG Laptop Connection Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ASUS ROG Laptop Connection Issues: Recently just bought a new gaming laptop from Asus. Downloaded some games and immediately realized that I couldn't connect to most games and even the microsoft store, with them saying there was a connection issue.My wifi is perfectly fine, I can access apps like discord, zoom...
  3. ASUS ROG Laptop Connection Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ASUS ROG Laptop Connection Issues: Recently just bought a new gaming laptop from Asus. Downloaded some games and immediately realized that I couldn't connect to most games and even the microsoft store, with them saying there was a connection issue.My wifi is perfectly fine, I can access apps like discord, zoom...
  4. ASUS ROG Laptop Connection Issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. ASUS ROG LAPTOP WONT BOOT

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ASUS ROG LAPTOP WONT BOOT: Hello, I desperately need help as I am a student and I really need my laptop for online class. My laptop won't boot yesterday and was just stuck on the automatic repair screen. After waiting on "repairing disk files," it told me that it is unable to repair my laptop and...
  6. ASUS ROG LAPTOP WONT BOOT

ASUS ROG LAPTOP WONT BOOT: Hello, I desperately need help as I am a student and I really need my laptop for online class. My laptop won't boot yesterday and was just stuck on the automatic repair screen. After waiting on "repairing disk files," it told me that it is unable to repair my laptop and...
  7. ASUS ROG LAPTOP WONT BOOT

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. lost sound in ASUS ROG laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    lost sound in ASUS ROG laptop: This computer has games that I never use, so I was going to uninstall something relevant in apps & features. I got some warning I think that something else needed to be done, so I cancelled. After my next reboot, I noticed videos were playing with no audio. There is no audio....
  9. lost sound in ASUS ROG laptop

lost sound in ASUS ROG laptop: This computer has games that I never use, so I was going to uninstall something relevant in apps & features. I got some warning I think that something else needed to be done, so I cancelled. After my next reboot, I noticed videos were playing with no audio. There is no audio....
  10. lost sound in ASUS ROG laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade