Windows 10: Asus laptop restarts from sleep when on battery

Discus and support Asus laptop restarts from sleep when on battery in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Issue started recently, when I have my laptop unplugged and I try to start it up from sleep the screen stays black for about 30 seconds before the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MellowRhombus, Apr 27, 2017.

1. Asus laptop restarts from sleep when on battery

Issue started recently, when I have my laptop unplugged and I try to start it up from sleep the screen stays black for about 30 seconds before the system restarts by itself. If it stays plugged in it doesn't do this, but since that defeats the purpose of a portable computer I really don't see that as a fix. Any suggestions?

:)

MellowRhombus, Apr 27, 2017
  2. danielm34 Win User

Battery drain in sleep mode

Hi,

I have an Asus UX430U and it's draining the battery when in sleep mode.

The cpu is running when in sleep mode. I suppose it should not happen.

The laptop is getting really hot and the whole battery goes off in around 1 hour in sleep mode.

Thanks to anyone who could help.

danielm34, Apr 27, 2017
  3. Windows 10 does not hibernate while on sleep and battery usage

While on battery Windows 10 does not hibernate during sleep mode, When charger is plugged then it is working correct (Windows hibernates while in sleep mode) however when on battery then it remains in sleep mode. Hibernate timeouts are setup for battery
    and charger usage. Power panel is setup similar for battery and charger usage. Laptop is Asus U303LA.

Can someone help ?

It was working correct on Windows 8.1

seba.kwiat, Apr 27, 2017
  4. philc43 Win User

Asus laptop restarts from sleep when on battery

This sounds as if the laptop is crashing just after it wakes up and then automatically restarts.

You could try turning off Fast Start-up to see if this makes any difference.

Turn On or Off Fast Startup in Windows 10

philc43, Apr 27, 2017
  5. FlorianB Win User
    I'm facing exactly the same problem with my almost new Asus ROG laptop! I'll tell you more, also the pincode option on the loginscreen is gone, like you said in your other topic. Really happy to see someone has just the same problem. I tried everything, but can't find a Solution. You've already found something? Keep me posted!

FlorianB, May 11, 2017
  6. FlorianB Win User
    Unfortunately this won't work, because I'm facing the exact same problem on my Asus Laptop, and it didn't change a thing. Do you've got other ideas? Thanks already man!

FlorianB, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Asus laptop restarts from sleep when on battery

1. Asus laptop restarts from sleep when on battery - Similar Threads - Asus laptop restarts

2. Asus laptop stuck on asus logo when restarting/rebooting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Asus laptop stuck on asus logo when restarting/rebooting: Hi. My asus zenbook laptop works fine till I dont restart it and occassionally windows 11 updates and restarts and then it gets stuck at the asus logo and the ring keeps on circling. I have done a reset to the laptop 2-3 times, it works untill i restart it again. Can someone...
  3. Asus laptop stuck on asus logo when restarting/rebooting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Asus laptop stuck on asus logo when restarting/rebooting: Hi. My asus zenbook laptop works fine till I dont restart it and occassionally windows 11 updates and restarts and then it gets stuck at the asus logo and the ring keeps on circling. I have done a reset to the laptop 2-3 times, it works untill i restart it again. Can someone...
  4. Laptop restarts itself when waking from sleep or clicking for sleep mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop restarts itself when waking from sleep or clicking for sleep mode: My Lenovo Legion 5 laptop restarts itself when I try to wake it from sleep. It doesn't happen every time. But it is really annoying. I updated my all drivers including bios, nothing helped. Fast startup also did not solve my problem. [ATTACH]...
  5. Laptop restarts when waking up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop restarts when waking up from sleep mode: I'm facing issues with my Win10 Asus Laptop for about 3 weeks now when it wakes up from sleep. It takes a long time to load and then does a full restart. When it restarts my audio doesn't work and the audio icon shows me "no audio output device installed" Anyone facing the...
  6. [ASUS Laptop - Windows 10] Auto restarts when awaken from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    [ASUS Laptop - Windows 10] Auto restarts when awaken from sleep: I have an device [ASUS Laptop X550J] running on Windows 10 64-bit. I could put the device into sleep mode, however, the device would automatically restart itself when it is being waken from sleep mode. I have tried "waking" the device via i power button; ii touchpad; iii...
  7. Laptop sometimes restarts when woken up from sleep.

Laptop sometimes restarts when woken up from sleep.: Hey everyone, I've had my Asus laptop (Windows 10, 7th gen i5, GTX 1060, 8GB ram and 256GB m.2 drive) for nearly 3 months now and I have a issue where I can put it to sleep but when woken up the screen stays black (not even backlight) and about 15 seconds later the laptop...
  8. Laptop sometimes restarts when woken up from sleep.

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop sometimes restarts when woken up from sleep.: Hey everyone, I've had my Asus laptop (Windows 10, 7th gen i5, GTX 1060, 8GB ram and 256GB m.2 drive) for nearly 3 months now and I have a issue where I can put it to sleep but when woken up the screen stays black (not even backlight) and about 15 seconds later the laptop...
  9. BSOD - Laptop restarts when waking from sleep mode

BSOD - Laptop restarts when waking from sleep mode: Hello. After upgrading from windows 8 to windows 10, the laptop wont wake up correctly and just restart. I have an Asus Q551LN * Upgraded the latest drivers of everything, including the intel hd graphics, the same with the nvidia integrated ones and then downgraded....
  10. Restart when waking laptop from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Restart when waking laptop from sleep mode: When I wake my HP laptop from sleep mode, it says there is a problem and needs to restart. Then it restarts. It didn't do this until I upgraded to Windows 10. Anyone else have this problem or have suggestions on how to fix it? Thank you for any assistance. 23002

Users found this page by searching for:

1. asus ux430u slow wake up from sleep

2. asus ux430u wont wake from sleep

3. asus rog restarts when hibernate on battery