Windows 10: ASUS laptop suddenly shut down and looks completely dead

Discus and support ASUS laptop suddenly shut down and looks completely dead in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, a friend of mine gave me a cheap ASUS X551CA laptop and asked me to install Windows 10, clean it, etc... I installed Windows 10 using a USB drive,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rambomhtri, Jun 24, 2018.

1. ASUS laptop suddenly shut down and looks completely dead

Hi, a friend of mine gave me a cheap ASUS X551CA laptop and asked me to install Windows 10, clean it, etc...

I installed Windows 10 using a USB drive, all went correctly. Then I installed latest updates, but one of them, a big one, was always giving an error. I tried to reset Windows Update, clean downloaded updates, everything... still couldn't install it. I then tried to start all over again.

For the second time, I installed Windows 10 using a USB flash drive, but this time, during the installation, in the storage screen, it said that "the drive was damaged and Windows couldn't be installed there". So, after a lot of thinking, I discovered the hard disk was faulty. I swapped it by another one and this time the installation process went fine. By the way, I checked the faulty hard disk and I was right, it had many sectors bad, 10MB/s write maximum. So, I continued, installed Windows 10 successfully on the new hard disk, and when I logged in for the first time and was about to look for updates, BOOM, the laptop suddenly shuts down and won't start up anymore.

It looks completely dead, no LED's light up, no sounds, I press the TURN ON button and nothing happens, absolutely nothing. I've removed the battery already (had to disassemble it to do so), pressed down the power on button for 30 sec, nothing. Tried to do it without battery and only the power cord, viceversa, nothing. Doesn't matter if the battery is put or not, if I connect the power cord, no LED's light up. As I say, it looks completely dead. By the way, I'm quite sure (not 100% sure) no LED's lighted up when the laptop was turned off and the power cord connected, which I thought was a little weird because normally when the power cord is connected, at least one LED lights up, even if the laptop is turned off.

What can it be?
    Why so suddenly, if it was working just fine?

I'm kind of shocked, I'm an "expert" doing this and this is the first time this has happened to me.

:)

rambomhtri, Jun 24, 2018
  2. Wambo74 Win User

Asus PDA suddenly "not a recognized usb device"

Trying to synch an ASUS A626 to vista home 32-bit laptop. Has worked for two years, but suddenly the Asus is not connecting. While attempting to connect, I saw a dialog box in lower right screen saying something about loading drivers. Not something I
    requested. Ever since then the laptop and ASUS will not connect.

Wambo74, Jun 25, 2018
  3. My lumia 535 gone dead suddenly

My lumia 535 suddenly gone dead before it was running smoothly but now it is not responding at all. It is completely gone dead neither charging nor displaying anything. I did all the steps for reset or restore but did not get any solution. What should
    I do now????

faisal hussain taqvi, Jun 25, 2018
  4. Paola Gar Win User

ASUS laptop suddenly shut down and looks completely dead

laptop shuts off on full batter while not plugged

Hi Ashley,

In order for us to isolate the issue, we'd like to get the following information:

• What is the model of your ASUS laptop?
    • Have you tried to power on your device after it shuts down without connecting it to the charger?
    • Have you made any changes or applied an update to your device prior to the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Looking forward to your response.

Paola Gar, Jun 25, 2018
Thema:

ASUS laptop suddenly shut down and looks completely dead

1. ASUS laptop suddenly shut down and looks completely dead - Similar Threads - ASUS laptop suddenly

2. Asus Laptop Abruptly Shuts Down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Asus Laptop Abruptly Shuts Down: Hello!I have an Asus x571GT, and 7 days ago my laptop suddenly shut down twice within the span of 3 hours. Without warning. Both times it rebooted and at the Windows loading screen it said it had a errors on the C drive. I go to the C drive, Right Click > Tools > Error...
  3. Asus Laptop Abruptly Shuts Down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Asus Laptop Abruptly Shuts Down: Hello!I have an Asus x571GT, and 7 days ago my laptop suddenly shut down twice within the span of 3 hours. Without warning. Both times it rebooted and at the Windows loading screen it said it had a errors on the C drive. I go to the C drive, Right Click > Tools > Error...
  4. My Asus Laptop probably does not shut down completely

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Asus Laptop probably does not shut down completely: Hi, Good dayI have a problem with my Asus TUF FX 507 zm Laptop, I think it does not completely turn off after i choose shut down. I checked battery report and it says my screen is on almost 24 hours! even though I didn't use my laptop for that long I'm using windows 11 , I've...
  5. My Asus Laptop probably does not shut down completely

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Asus Laptop probably does not shut down completely: Hi, Good dayI have a problem with my Asus TUF FX 507 zm Laptop, I think it does not completely turn off after i choose shut down. I checked battery report and it says my screen is on almost 24 hours! even though I didn't use my laptop for that long I'm using windows 11 , I've...
  6. Laptop suddenly shutting down

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop suddenly shutting down: Hey guys, It has been for months now, my laptop randomly shutdowns without a warning, and I think that its because of windows update, because before an shutdown event happen at event viewer, there is always a WindowsUpdate event that is happening. Can someone help me fix...
  7. Asus N552vw shutting down suddenly

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Asus N552vw shutting down suddenly: Hi My laptop shutting down suddenly after upgrading my windows and when i plug the chargee i see it has 41% battery charge I mean it shutdown when it has battery charge Is there any option in power setting which can solve this problem? I couldnt find any If there is any...
  8. LAPTOP SUDDENLY SHUTS DOWN

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    LAPTOP SUDDENLY SHUTS DOWN: My laptop is 8 year old its battery gave out 7 months ago it wont charge and my laptop wont start without charging so it shutsdown suddenly bcz of charger moving or electricity goes out about 3 times a day it shut downs suddenly in one day will it cause any problems and if...
  9. Asus laptop shutting down unexpectedly

Asus laptop shutting down unexpectedly: Hi, I am running windows 10 Enterprise version 1909 processor: AMD FX-7600P Radeon R7, 12 Compute Cores 4C+8G 2.70GHz Installed RAM: 8.00 GB My Asus laptop shuts down by itself while I am using it and it is not always because of overheating problems. When I check...
  10. Laptop shuts down suddenly

Laptop shuts down suddenly: My laptop shuts down as soon as battery is below 40, even though the power settings are set at it shutting down on 5%. It gives no warning. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-shuts-down-suddenly/31a7c478-ff85-4985-935e-411b782a2186