Windows 10: Asus M32BC-01 Chipset Driver Question

Discus and support Asus M32BC-01 Chipset Driver Question in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Chipset drivers outdated on Asus site, latest video drivers installed, system running perfectly fine from what I can tell now...If I did install the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AMDMan2016, Jan 20, 2017.

1. Asus M32BC-01 Chipset Driver Question

Chipset drivers outdated on Asus site, latest video drivers installed, system running perfectly fine from what I can tell now...If I did install the outdated chipset drivers, would I have issues when I update video drivers in the future? Normally use Display driver uninstaller to completely clean out AMD video drivers, then install new version

System reset did fix the game issue I was having though

:)

AMDMan2016, Jan 20, 2017
  2. Andre Da Costa, Jan 20, 2017
  3. ericjwin Win User
    Windows 10 start up hanging

Same problem. Windows 10 hangs 3 or 4 times a day. ASUS Desktop Model M32BC, Display Driver AMD Radeon R7 240.

ericjwin, Jan 20, 2017
  4. Railtech Win User

Asus M32BC-01 Chipset Driver Question

Best to keep all drivers updated to latest available.

Railtech, Jan 20, 2017
  5. IMHO, go with the stock Windows supplied drivers, unless something doesn't work. The Windows update drivers may well be newer than what is listed on the ASUS site for your model PC. I have an M2N68-AM SE2 and an M4N68T-M V2 running Windows 10 with just the Windows update supplied drivers. Everything works without issues. There is next to nothing available from ASUS for Windows 8 let alone Windows 10 for either motherboard. There are newer drivers, they just aren't listed in the downloads section for my motherboards. You might actually cause problems using older drivers especially if they are Windows 8 drivers or earlier. Just have a look in device manager for any yellow ! or red X's.

alphanumeric, Jan 20, 2017
  6. Railtech Win User
    Windows does not supply chipset drivers. Those are manufacturer specific. Some vendors will post updated chipset drivers for their products on their support site. If not then go to Intel or AMD for the correct ones for your board.

Railtech, Jan 20, 2017
  7. Windows does supply chip-set drivers. It would be impossible to install it without them. The OEM's (Intel, AMD, NVidia) submit drivers to Microsoft for inclusion in the install media, and for download via Windows update. They won't be specific modified drivers that the OEM manufacturer, ASUS, HP, Dell, supply for your make and model, but they are all that is needed to install Windows. In most cases it is all you need.

8. NavyLCDR New Member

Correct!

NavyLCDR, Jan 20, 2017
  9. Thank you. *Thumbs

10. Yes system running fine, nothing showing yellow or red in device manager, Headset working properly in battlefield 4 now, and System all reset to fix that issue lol, installed less games this time, as I realized didn't open all of them anyways lol.

Thank you all so much for the replies..so appreciated

AMDMan2016, Jan 21, 2017
  11. spunk Win User
    Computer manufacturers supply Chipset drivers on their web page for their models. This is usually the drivers that shipped with the computer at the time. Occasionally they may update these drivers on their web page.
    The most recent drivers will probably come thru Windows Update. Installing the drivers on the manufactures page will usually not affect the computer, and is always a safe bet. If you do not have any Yellow flags in the Device Manager, then you do not need to update any drivers.

spunk, Jan 23, 2017
  12. I don't think I would go so far as to say Installing the drivers on the manufactures page is always a safe bet. Especially if they are say Windows 7 drivers, and your running Windows 10. Odds are they are older than what your currently using, and installing them may actually hurt performance. IMHO

If your still running the OS the device shipped with, then yes, it is probably a good idea to install them. Especially if its a laptop. There may be some functionality missing with the stock drivers that the OEM provides with their modified drivers. The special function keys etc.

My litmus test is, is everything working? If I have a red X or yellow ! in device manager, or something doesn't work right, I go looking for drivers. It doesn't have to be the manufacturer of the device either. Look there first, but you can also go right to AMD, Intel, NVidia etc. ASUS doesn't have anything for Windows 10 for my laptop or desktop. I don't even bother going to their site anymore. I go right to AMD for video/chip-set drivers for my laptop. And NVidia for the same drivers for my desktop PC's. Well I did, for the early Windows 10 builds. Now I just run what Windows update gives me. They finally caught up and have reliable drivers that don't crash. DisplayLink even installs automatically when I plug my USB Monitor in to my laptop. One reboot and its all set and running. It was a PITA to get working in the preview builds.

alphanumeric, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Asus M32BC-01 Chipset Driver Question - Similar Threads - Asus M32BC Chipset

2. Chipset drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chipset drivers: should i install the last 3 drivers which it contains different names or installing the last one would be enough? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chipset-drivers/940eedf3-3457-40f3-8363-f85be36385a7
  3. Chipset drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Chipset drivers: should i install the last 3 drivers which it contains different names or installing the last one would be enough? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chipset-drivers/940eedf3-3457-40f3-8363-f85be36385a7
  4. Chipset drivers

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Asus Crosshair VIII drivers Question

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Asus Crosshair VIII drivers Question: Hi, Just installed a fresh windows and I'm a bit lost on which drivers must be installed. Especially when it comes to the Amd chipset driver and Realtek Audio Drivers. It's the second time I must reset windows on this new build due to problem and conflict. I don't want to...
  6. Amd chipset question

Amd chipset question: So I've got a question about the amd b450 chipset drivers; Should I install it directly from amd? Should I install it directly from MSI (the motherboard I have)? Or should I grab it & install it from both sources when a update is available? 148398
  7. Chipset Driver Question

Chipset Driver Question: Hello , have a good day. I'm using Windows 10 Pro 64 bit. Everything looks fine in the Device Manager. Will the recent chipset drivers from the AMD site affect the performance of the load?There is no AHCI or Raid in the system.There is an "AMD usb filter driver" and...
  8. Asus G11CD-K Chipset Drivers

Asus G11CD-K Chipset Drivers: Should I install those even though date shows 12/08/2016 Or should Ignore them, and just stay with Windows Default chipset drivers, I'll admit forgot to install those after the last clean install, I am willing to do a system reset, and redo all the drivers, and installs if...
  9. Chipset Drivers for AMD based system, Model is Asus M52BC_M32BC

Chipset Drivers for AMD based system, Model is Asus M52BC_M32BC: Hi All Model shows up like that in all software programs, unknown motherboard inside here, using Standard Sata AHCI controller right now, planning on clean Windows 10 Pro Install when I get the money to purchase Windows 10 Home to Pro upgrade, but I thought i'd start...
  10. Asus Bios Issue-M32BC-01

in Windows 10 Support
    Asus Bios Issue-M32BC-01: Asus Bios issue, when I first got the PC, before I upgraded to Windows 10, I went and upgraded the Bios, but turns out I got the wrong one I think, grabbed M52BC bios, and really my machine is M32BC-01 bios, First Release 0303 mine should be on, right now I'm on 0401, if it's...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. m32bc bios 0401