Windows 10: ASUS Monitor Built-in Webcam Driver? VK248

Discus and support ASUS Monitor Built-in Webcam Driver? VK248 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an ASUS VK248H-CSM monitor that has a built-in webcam. However, I think I am missing the drivers for it because when I try to use the webcam it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Michael19k, May 3, 2017.

1. ASUS Monitor Built-in Webcam Driver? VK248

I have an ASUS VK248H-CSM monitor that has a built-in webcam. However, I think I am missing the drivers for it because when I try to use the webcam it tells me to connect one first.

In the Device Manager I do not have an Imaging Devices or Other Devices category.

I tried to find the drivers for the webcam via ASUS' support page, but the only drivers they provide are for the MultiFrame software.

Edit: I'm almost positive it's a software issue because the webcam used to work, but then I did some driver clean-up a while ago and I might have unknowingly deleted the webcam's drivers.

:)

Michael19k, May 3, 2017

2. Asus VK248 monitor inop after Windows 10 download. Have Dell desktop.

During the download the monitor worked for about half the total time. Now I have a black screen and my mouse pointer displayed. Forced a shutdown and restarted. Monitor showed DELL as normal and then went black. Any ideas?

SteveLarsonKS, May 3, 2017
  3. Asus VK248 monitor inop after Windows 10 download. Have Dell desktop.

Update to Problem,

I contacted ASUS and they admitted that they were scrambling to provide Win10 driver updates for their current products and I should wait for support to become available for my older monitor. Still open to ideas from Microsoft support.

SteveLarsonKS, May 3, 2017
  4. TV2
    TV2 Win User

ASUS Monitor Built-in Webcam Driver? VK248

According to the Asus website the monitor is "plug and play without the need to install extra drivers".
    So my first step would be to go into Device Manager and uninstall the monitor, restart, and see if it loads the driver through Plug & Play.

Does the blue LED light up on the monitor?

Thema:

ASUS Monitor Built-in Webcam Driver? VK248

1. ASUS Monitor Built-in Webcam Driver? VK248 - Similar Threads - ASUS Monitor Built

2. ASUS monitor built in microphone doesn't work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ASUS monitor built in microphone doesn't work: Hello,I purchased new ASUS monitor which has built in hardware like webcam, speakers and microphone. all of them work except microphone. it shows in device manager that it is up to date and i can also activate it in sound settings, but it doesnt work anyway. also whenever I...
  3. ASUS monitor built in microphone doesn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ASUS monitor built in microphone doesn't work: Hello,I purchased new ASUS monitor which has built in hardware like webcam, speakers and microphone. all of them work except microphone. it shows in device manager that it is up to date and i can also activate it in sound settings, but it doesnt work anyway. also whenever I...
  4. ASUS monitor built in microphone doesn't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. built in webcam

built in webcam: i have a laptop and my built in webcam has stopped working . i can see them but they cant see me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/built-in-webcam/7d4fff1a-4c6e-4ad5-95d7-262cce5b1a1d
  6. built-in webcam not working

built-in webcam not working: My built in webcam can't be found on my HP envy using windows 10. How do I resinstall? There is no area for "camera" or "imaging devices" under my device driver....
  7. built in webcam

built in webcam: I need to install my laptop camera, the icon has vanished. I uninstalled the programme as there were two apps operating and the camera would not work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/built-in-webcam/e0d742de-7d80-434d-a164-dd5530fceb74
  8. built in webcam

built in webcam: I need to install my laptop camera, the icon has vanished. I uninstalled the programme as there were two apps operating and the camera would not work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/built-in-webcam/e0d742de-7d80-434d-a164-dd5530fceb74
  9. Asus Webcam Driver

Asus Webcam Driver: On my Asus-Notebook Windows has installed the usbvideo.sys driver for my webcam With this driver the picture is upside down in the camera app and also in Skype. The I installed the Windows 7 Driver USB 2.0 1.3 M UVC and in Skype the picture is right, but the camera app starts...
  10. ASUS VK278Q Monitor Webcam

ASUS VK278Q Monitor Webcam: Hi All, I have a Asus VK278Q Monitor with integrated webcam https://www.asus.com/us/Commercial-Monitors/VK278Q/ The software that came with the webcam was called LifeFrame and I remember it last working with Windows 7 I tried to install it with on Windows 10 (64...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. asus vk248h webcam mic not working

2. vk248h webcam driver

3. cant use webcam on my VK248H monitor

4. asus vk278q webcam windows 10,
  5. asus vk248 webcam on windows 10,
  6. ASUS VK248H webcam inop,
  7. asus monitor drivers vk248,
  8. connect asus vk248h webcam,
  9. asus webcam drivers vk248