Windows 10: Asus N580VD slow internet speed

Discus and support Asus N580VD slow internet speed in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My Asus N580VD download speeds are only about 30 Mbps, I own two other Asus brand notebooks both are model UX501VW. Both of which are posting download... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BlairWooten, Aug 19, 2018.

1. Asus N580VD slow internet speed

My Asus N580VD download speeds are only about 30 Mbps, I own two other Asus brand notebooks both are model UX501VW. Both of which are posting download speeds of 100 Mbps + and also a Dell 15-567 also posting downloads of just under 100 Mbps. I right clicked Device Manager and uninstalled device under each device then rebooted the machine. I still posted slow results. I did a hard reset, press & held power button for 60 seconds. Powered up, went into BIOS, loaded default values, save & exit. Still the same thing. I've only had this machine since the 6th of last month and it should be faster than this. Any suggestions plz & thanks... BTW I'm running Win 10 Home.

[Moved from: Microsoft Edge / All other issues / Windows 10]

:)

BlairWooten, Aug 19, 2018
  2. Remon Ont Win User

Slow Internet speed on only one computer.

Hi Cody,

Slow internet speed on one of your computer could be due to the following:

• Outdated network adapter driver
    • Different Wi-Fi chipset
    • Computer processing speed

Make sure that the network driver of your computer(s) are always updated.

We also suggest you to contact your internet service provider for them to check your internet connection speed and give you more information.

Feel free to post back if you have other concerns.

Remon Ont, Aug 19, 2018
  3. Slow Internet Over Wifi. Only Internet Speed Weirdly Slowed.

Hi, Microsoft.

Wireless Environment Details

Previously, I am using Windows 7 and upgraded to Windows 10 in my Dell laptop with overall environment details as below,

• Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165 Wifi adapter, using 5Ghz band at 433Mbps.
    • Using Asus RT-AC68U, performing 600Mbps (2.4GHz) + 1300Mbps (5GHz).
    • Subscribing fiber optic 300Mbps ISP speed.
    Problem Statements

I am facing internet speed throttled over Wifi but not wired LAN connection. The speed throttled below than 100Mbps during downloading. The Wifi weirdly throttled the internet speed only but not local network file transfer over wireless.

Test Methods and Problem Analysis.

• The laptop and router range within 2 meters away.
    • No multiple devices connected to the router during the test.
    • DNS set in router is Google's DNS, 8.8.8.8
    • My laptop using default Windows 10 Firewall and set network to "Private".
    • No VPN were used nor installed.
    • All hardwares installed with latest drivers from Dell website.
    • All networking speed monitored using Resource Monitor.
    • Download files from internet into laptop over LAN cable. Full speed at 300Mbps.
    • Download files from internet into laptop over Wifi. Speed slowed down less than 100Mbps.
    • I have a desktop PC too, using Windows 10 and LAN cable connection to router.
    • Transferring files from desktop PC to Asus router and finally wireless to my laptop.
      FULL SPEED around 400Mbps.
    • This is so odd. Wireless file transfer over local network can be full speed but internet over wireless slowed. Obviously not Wifi adapter problem.
    • I decided to further test the router hardware.
    • Download files from internet into desktop PC over LAN cable. Full speed at 300Mbps.
    • Download files from internet over smartphone and tablet (both Android and iOS) wireless.
      FULL SPEED at 300Mbps. Obviously not router problem too.
    • So I narrowed down the problem only can be Windows 10. Can you help me identify the problems?

Kent Ong Kean Seng, Aug 19, 2018
  4. Rhina Vib Win User

Asus N580VD slow internet speed

Internet speed is really slow on any browser, except Edge

Hi Galih,

There are several possible reasons why your internet/download speed becomes slow on your Windows 10 computer. It can depend on different factors such as the type of connection, your internet connection speed and the speed of you computer.

For us to better assist you with this concern, we need to ask a few questions:

• Are you using a wired or wireless connection?
    • Were there any changes made prior to this issue?
    • What were you trying to download?
    • Do you experience similar issues when downloading other files?

For steps to help resolve connection issues, you can refer to the article on this

link

Looking forward to your reply.

Thank you.

Rhina Vib, Aug 19, 2018
Thema:

Asus N580VD slow internet speed

1. Asus N580VD slow internet speed - Similar Threads - Asus N580VD slow

2. Slow internet speed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Slow internet speed: Why my HP Notebook - 15-ac123tx catches slow internet speed 10mbps while on other laptop it catches max speed 30mbps at same wifi router? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-internet-speed/f12c2763-a978-40bf-905b-d2acfe3a1bab
  3. Slow Internet Speed

Slow Internet Speed: Hello, I've been having problems with my internet on Windows 10.Usually my Download MB per second is 12 MB to 32 MB fast, but since I got a new windows after my old was broken, my internet has been acting weird, it takes literally 10 minutes for me to just download a 10 MB...
  4. Slow Internet Speed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow Internet Speed: Hello, I've been having problems with my internet on Windows 10.Usually my Download MB per second is 12 MB to 32 MB fast, but since I got a new windows after my old was broken, my internet has been acting weird, it takes literally 10 minutes for me to just download a 10 MB...
  5. Slow Internet Speed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. slow internet speed

slow internet speed: I have dell laptop and 50 Mbps internet speed but my laptop gives only 10 Mbps speed not more then it nor less. Every other devices gives proper speed except this one. This happened ago one month also and I factory reset my laptop and problem got solved but this happened...
  7. slow internet speed

slow internet speed: have a question my network adapter only getting 17mbps download i got 100mbps internet i tried replacing the cord and had cable company come out and see whats wrong everything else in the house is getting 100mbps my laptop and phone and Xbox one all got 100mbps i tried...
  8. Slow Internet Speed

Slow Internet Speed: Hi, I have recently upgraded my old windows 10 pro. Now whenever i download anything the speed seems very low. when i connect same wifi to other laptop the speed is very high but on my personnel pc the speed is in KBs.. Help me thanks.....
  9. slowed internet speed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    slowed internet speed: [ATTACH] ILitt(Customer)asked a question. Tuesday, April 9, 2019 5:54 AM I have a 300MB internet connection. It ran fine for several months and then the speed dropped to 89MB. I have had a tech service guy here and Spectrum. Both tell me my router and modem are...
  10. Slow speed of internet

Slow speed of internet: Your computer appears to be correctly configured, but the device or resource (DNS server) is not responding https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/slow-speed-of-internet/e2ad41f0-f2f1-4bc8-b564-75963e4c272a