Windows 10: Asus N61JQ laptop screen turns off upon unplugging power cord

Discus and support Asus N61JQ laptop screen turns off upon unplugging power cord in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm running Windows 10 64-bit on my ASUS N61JQ laptop. Immediately upon unplugging the power cord, the screen on the laptop turns off. Battery is at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dovahkiin, Aug 5, 2018.

1. dovahkiin Win User

Asus N61JQ laptop screen turns off upon unplugging power cord

I'm running Windows 10 64-bit on my ASUS N61JQ laptop. Immediately upon unplugging the power cord, the screen on the laptop turns off. Battery is at 100% charge. With a second monitor attached, the second monitor is unaffected and stays on. Power plan settings say: On battery power, turn off after 10 minutes. I've tried setting this to Never, but it makes no difference. When I say the screen "turns off," I don't mean that it's a blank screen with some backlight. I mean the screen looks the same as if I totally shut down the system and turn everything off.

Also, ever since upgrading to Windows 10, I can no longer change the brightness on the display. Sliding the brightness bar down from 100% changes nothing, until it gets to around 60%, at which point the laptop display turns off completely, just like it does when I unplug the power cord. Putting the power cord back in or sliding the brightness bar back above ~60%, as the case may be, causes the display to immediately turn back on.

Neither of these things was ever an issue for my laptop with Windows 7 installed. The video card is an ATI Radeon HD 5730. Until this evening, I had the most recent video drivers installed. Through Control Panel, I went to the properties of the video card and told Windows to look for new drivers. It found them automatically and installed them. No change to black screen problem.

Any ideas or possible solutions would be greatly appreciated

:)

dovahkiin, Aug 5, 2018

2. PC on but black screen/unplug power cord scree comes on

I have upgrade to windows 10. When I turn on my laptop I get a blank screen but my lights to my laptop are on. So I have been turning on and off to get it working , BUT I found out if I just unplug my power cord my screen comes on? Any suggestions? (At
    one point it came on like it was supposed to, then did an update and started back up)

I have an h 15 notebook with 4.00 GB using Microsoft edge

Thank you Carolyn

CarolynVillanueva, Aug 5, 2018
  3. PC on but black screen/unplug power cord scree comes on

I had this problem almost a year ago. I know it is not your fault, I upgraded from windows 8.1 to windows 10, it worked fine. Then all of a sudden when I turn on my laptop I could tell it was on due to the fact that I could see the keyboard buttons were
    lit, and I could faintly see the background on my screen. I would then hit the power button to turn it off then turn it back on, it would be fine. Then I found out that once it was on if I unplugged the power cord the screen would light up/come on. So I would
    then turn on my laptop, unplug power cord, restart while plugging in power cord and it would start back up fine. So I finally got frustrated doing that and want to convert back to windows 8.1. But for some reason it is not letting me. I clicked remove files
    only it went through some steps then just hand with the little icon spinning. I finally hit the restart button and it tells me they could not restore, so I tried the other option of removing everything and it did the same thing got hung up with the spinning
    icon. ( I left in on all night) So when I hit the restart button it came on finishing the set up but it is still at Window 10!!!!

4. Asus N61JQ laptop screen turns off upon unplugging power cord

PC on but black screen/unplug power cord scree comes on

1. My computer did an update (also happened when I first upgraded from 8.1 to 10, but soon stopped)

2. Laptop stays fully charged

3. As stated in #1 it first happened when upgraded to windows 10

It is not when I plug in the power cord, I keep it plugged in at night. In the morning when I turn it on, I can tell it is on by the light on my laptop and the noise. If I unplug power cord the screen comes on, other wise I have to either turn on and off
    to boot up or gently tap on button to get it back on

Have not run the BIOS update as no "blank flash drive" yet

Thank you

Carolyn

Thema:

Asus N61JQ laptop screen turns off upon unplugging power cord

1. Asus N61JQ laptop screen turns off upon unplugging power cord - Similar Threads - Asus N61JQ laptop

2. Windows 11 SCREEN TURNS OFF/ON WHEN PLUGGING/UNPLUGGING POWER CORD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 SCREEN TURNS OFF/ON WHEN PLUGGING/UNPLUGGING POWER CORD: As the issue says in the title, I am facing a problem with the screen is flashing / turning off and then on whenever I plug in the power supply / charger or unplug the power supply / charger. It was a problem from the very beginning, the moment I turned it on and plugged it...
  3. Windows 11 SCREEN TURNS OFF/ON WHEN PLUGGING/UNPLUGGING POWER CORD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 SCREEN TURNS OFF/ON WHEN PLUGGING/UNPLUGGING POWER CORD: As the issue says in the title, I am facing a problem with the screen is flashing / turning off and then on whenever I plug in the power supply / charger or unplug the power supply / charger. It was a problem from the very beginning, the moment I turned it on and plugged it...
  4. Windows 10 SCREEN TURNS OFF/ON WHEN PLUGGING/UNPLUGGING POWER CORD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 SCREEN TURNS OFF/ON WHEN PLUGGING/UNPLUGGING POWER CORD: As the issue told already in the title, after upgrading to windows 10, and then i am facing such problem i.e. the screen is flashing or turning off and then on whenever i switch off the power supply or turn on the power supply. Need help.....Note: I had updated intel graphics...
  5. Windows 10 SCREEN TURNS OFF/ON WHEN PLUGGING/UNPLUGGING POWER CORD

Windows 10 SCREEN TURNS OFF/ON WHEN PLUGGING/UNPLUGGING POWER CORD: As the issue told already in the title, after upgrading to windows 10, and then i am facing such problem i.e. the screen is flashing or turning off and then on whenever i switch off the power supply or turn on the power supply. Need help.....Note: I had updated intel graphics...
  6. My laptop screen shuts off when I unplugged the power cord. But my second screen is on.

My laptop screen shuts off when I unplugged the power cord. But my second screen is on.: How do I get it back to normal. I just put a new battery in. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-screen-shuts-off-when-i-unplugged-the/df1e9298-5fe4-452c-b40a-98cbad98f242
  7. If I unplug the power cord the pc goes off

If I unplug the power cord the pc goes off: If I unplug the power cord the pc goes off it says 0% available windows 11 Lenovo pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-i-unplug-the-power-cord-the-pc-goes-off/44d424cf-91ab-4634-b3e2-3d25bcb816a7
  8. If I unplug the power cord the pc goes off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If I unplug the power cord the pc goes off: If I unplug the power cord the pc goes off it says 0% available windows 11 Lenovo pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-i-unplug-the-power-cord-the-pc-goes-off/44d424cf-91ab-4634-b3e2-3d25bcb816a7
  9. Asus X302LJ screen turns off when power cord unplugged

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Asus X302LJ screen turns off when power cord unplugged: I have an Asus X302LJ and immediately when I unplugg the power cord, the screen goes blank turns off Not a driver issue, it does the same even in the bios screen. Here are the list of conditions/symptoms - when unplugging the cord, screen turns off, when plugged in,...
  10. Laptop crashes when power cord is unplugged

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop crashes when power cord is unplugged: Hello everyone! I recently bought MSI GF72VR and I am having strange problem with it. Almost every time when I unplug power cord and I have open program my laptop freezes for about 3-4 seconds then it comes black screen and then blue screen and restart. I have tried to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. asus amd screen turns off when power cord unplugged

2. asus screen switches off when unplugged

3. asus unplugging powercord

4. asus black screen when unplugged from laptop,
  5. asus r554l screen turns off when power unplugged,
  6. ASUS R554L turns off when power cord is unplugged