Windows 10: ASUS Notebook (K55N) turning off by itself during and after Windows 10

Discus and support ASUS Notebook (K55N) turning off by itself during and after Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Long story short guys, so I was upgrading my ASUS Notebook to Windows 10 this morning, everything seemed to be going perfectly (I was performing a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by SlackerITGuy, Sep 4, 2015.

1. ASUS Notebook (K55N) turning off by itself during and after Windows 10

Long story short guys, so I was upgrading my ASUS Notebook to Windows 10 this morning, everything seemed to be going perfectly (I was performing a clean install), but all of the sudden for some reason, during at one point in the installation, my notebook turned off by itself, completely.

It was after copying Windows files, while getting devices ready.

After that, I booted it back up, and it kept going with the Windows installation, to the point where it got into the OOBE screen, changed all of my settings, and I was able to get into the Windows 10 desktop, but now, it keeps turning off by itself, even while browsing the UEFI BIOS, I haven't timed it yet, but it seems like these hard shutdowns are happening after a certain amount of time, at least it seems like it.

My notebook was running Windows 8.1 Pro before this install disaster, and it was behaving like a champ, rock solid.

What could be causing this? could really use your help guys.

:)

SlackerITGuy, Sep 4, 2015

2. Start menu stopped

i restarted my asus notebook and windows 10 updated got to 30% and restarted cant sign in to windows or turn my notebook off

williamcorpening, Sep 4, 2015
  3. Screen Turn off after & Sleep after... don't work

Hello,

I've upgraded my notebook (Asus G751JM) to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1 and now Power Options Turn Off screen after N minutes and Sleep after N minutes do not work. I can manually put the notebook to Sleep but it never goes to sleep or turns off display automatically.
    When I'm trying to turn off display using notebook Fn + [X] keys display turns black and then immediately turns on again.

I've installed latest graphics drivers, it didn't help.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks.

Dmitry Bavykin, Sep 4, 2015
  4. ASUS Notebook (K55N) turning off by itself during and after Windows 10

It could be overheating? If it's doing it while in the BIOS it's not Windows that's doing it. I would check for dust buildup in the vents. You can buy small cans of compressed air for cleaning it out. Shops that sell computers should have them.

alphanumeric, Sep 4, 2015
  5. Mariana Win User
    I am having the same issue with ASUS S500C. It was working perfectly fine before the windows 10 upgrade. And no it is not overheating, it is not hot in any parts and I was not doing anything demanding, just reading emails.

Mariana, Sep 4, 2015
  6. Thanks for the replies guys.

So just as an update on my situation, after all those hard shutdowns this morning I decided to remove the battery completely, perform a complete power cycle, grab a couple of compressed air cans and go to town on it, lots of dust was removed from the inside of the laptop, which was something I didn't expect actually.

After all of that, I booted my laptop into a bootable USB I created with Hiren's Boot CD, and performed a single pass of Memtest86+, the laptop to my surprise wasn't shutting down as before, in fact, it completed the pass without any problems (lasted about ~35min), after that I decided to boot normally into Windows 10, and still, no shutdowns whatsoever.

So what I decided to do was leave my laptop powered on from around ~11am, until right now ~10pm local, and still, my laptop is up and running perfectly.

I still don't know what was causing all of this, maybe overheating due to dust build up? maybe my laptop was running above normal operating temperatures for a while now and I hadn't noticed it until now, and the Windows 10 installation really stressed it out and couldn't handle the workload.

Glad the laptop seems to be working fine now, thanks for all the replies fellas!

SlackerITGuy, Sep 5, 2015
  7. Hopefully it keeps on running fine. May have just been a coincidence that it finally overheated during the Windows 10 install. Laptops and tablets are more prone to dust buildup than desktops. Pocket lint etc from where they are placed. They also get gunked up easier as they have very restricted cooling openings. They overheat easier for all of the previously mentioned reasons. Now you know what to do. Clean it out once or twice a year with your compressed air.

alphanumeric, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

ASUS Notebook (K55N) turning off by itself during and after Windows 10

1. ASUS Notebook (K55N) turning off by itself during and after Windows 10 - Similar Threads - ASUS Notebook K55N

2. Night light turning itself off after display turn off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Night light turning itself off after display turn off: Hello, I'm having problems with Night light turning itself off after the display has turned itself off because of inactivity.Razer Blade 14- Windows 11 Home, everything up to date.Monitors: Dell S2721DGF connected via HDMI @144Hz, Dell P2421 connected via DP @60HzSteps to...
  3. Night light turning itself off after display turn off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Night light turning itself off after display turn off: Hello, I'm having problems with Night light turning itself off after the display has turned itself off because of inactivity.Razer Blade 14- Windows 11 Home, everything up to date.Monitors: Dell S2721DGF connected via HDMI @144Hz, Dell P2421 connected via DP @60HzSteps to...
  4. Asus notebook won't turn on after an update and turn off last night.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Asus notebook won't turn on after an update and turn off last night.: Updated and shutdown last night. It initially turned on, sipped my coffee, it was off. Now there's no lights, noise or visuals on the screen. Won't even light up to say it's on charge.Advice for someone working on the road who does not have the capacity to remove a battery?...
  5. Asus notebook won't turn on after an update and turn off last night.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Asus notebook won't turn on after an update and turn off last night.: Updated and shutdown last night. It initially turned on, sipped my coffee, it was off. Now there's no lights, noise or visuals on the screen. Won't even light up to say it's on charge.Advice for someone working on the road who does not have the capacity to remove a battery?...
  6. Asus notebook won't turn on after an update and turn off last night.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Screentime turning turning itself off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screentime turning turning itself off: Hi I have screentime setup for my child and randomly the screen time keeps turning itselft off. Often i find why my child has gone over his limit and then when i go and check the usage i see that screen time limits are turned off. i know for a fact that he doens't have the...
  8. Night light turning itself off after display turn off

in Windows 10 Customization
    Night light turning itself off after display turn off: Hello, I'm having problems with Night light turning itself off after the display has turned itself off because of inactivity. MOBO: Asus X570-F latest BIOS, tried older versions VGA: nVidia RTX2070 latest driver, tried older versions OS: Windows 10 Pro 20H2, fully updated....
  9. My notebook suddenly blocked itself turning off, and I can't turn it on again

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My notebook suddenly blocked itself turning off, and I can't turn it on again: About a week and a half ago I got my notebook repaired after backups were accidentally deleted. It also got its operating system updated to Windows 10, since originally it had Windows 7 but some years after buying it, it had problems with build 7600/7601 'this copy of Windows...
  10. Windows 10 Update enables itself even after turning it Off

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Update enables itself even after turning it Off: [ATTACH] Windows Updates are essential, and while it’s not advisable for anyone to completely turn it off, there are remote scenarios, where you might want to keep it off. Once such case is where you want to just use it for [...] This post Windows 10 Update enables itself...