Windows 10: Asus NX500JK Brightness Wont Adjust

Discus and support Asus NX500JK Brightness Wont Adjust in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I just bought a used/ refurbished asus went through the installation and installed all drivers I could not adjust the brightness both with keyboard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by xboxhaxorz, Feb 24, 2017.

1. Asus NX500JK Brightness Wont Adjust

I just bought a used/ refurbished asus went through the installation and installed all drivers

I could not adjust the brightness both with keyboard or in settings, well the slider moves but no change is made

I installed the atk package but that did not make a difference

Windows update is complete

:)

xboxhaxorz, Feb 24, 2017

2. I am unable to adjust my brightness

I have an ASUS X550ZA with Windows 10 and lately I have been unable to adjust my brightness. I updated my video driver and i didnt see a change. The toggle bar in settings slides but when I change the brightness, the apply button wont highlight. How do
    I fix this?

BaileyConrad, Feb 24, 2017
  3. screen went dull and wont adjust via the brightness modes

the screen went dull and wont change with adjusting brightness

sylvia1158, Feb 24, 2017
  4. Asus NX500JK Brightness Wont Adjust

Caledon Ken, Feb 24, 2017
  5. Hi yes i tried that, but i only have generic pnp monitor available there are no other options and by default its listed as generic

xboxhaxorz, Feb 25, 2017
  6. Which video driver do you have?

So two ways to go forward? Are your drivers up to date and if yes, and it's not working, have you tried the older drivers from Asus for Win 8.1. Asus appears to be getting lazy, not listing all drivers under Win 10.

If you start to change drivers please ensure restore points are active and that you have a very recent one. Wouldn't hurt to have an Image of system and boot disc just in case. Macrium Reflect is a favorite. There is a tutorial within the TenForums.

Sometimes things work better with vendor drivers as they have tweaked them.

If this works then you will want to shut off Windows updating drivers.Post back and someone will supply. It is easy and reversible.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Feb 25, 2017
  7. I had the latest driver installed.I tried that win8 driver with no change, i disabled the nvida card in device manager and that did not help. I tried using the intel 4600 driver but it would not let me. I set the nvidia 3d settings globally to use the high performance gpu no change. I just disabled the intel card and enabled nvidia but the brightness slider is not changeable now.

Could the monitor be bad, that the brightness simply wont adjust? Apparently the windows 10 brightness issue is common after upgrading from windows 8, but my laptop arrives with it pre installed so i cant go back to check.

Thought i should mention the screen is at full brightness i believe. It does not appear dim at all, but i have nothing to go on since its been this way since i got it.

xboxhaxorz, Feb 25, 2017
  8. Asus NX500JK Brightness Wont Adjust

Personally I don't think it is a monitor issue although anything is possible. Had a Samsung that wouldn't adjust, updated driver and it was fine. Several months later it is back to not being adjustable and the driver does not appear to be issue.

Besides there are way to many hits on Google.

While a long shot, what happens if you restore your power plans to default, noting your changes before doing so, then restart.

One suggestion was to go into device manager, uninstall the device and uninstall the drivers (software) then reboot. Create restore point before trying.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Feb 25, 2017
  9. So i decided to do a reinstall deleting all my files which were none basically and right after it booted i tried adjusting the slider with no luck

I will try the other steps, but if i cant get it going this would suck horribly lol i got a great deal on this $850 and its a $2k+ laptop and looks amazing but if i cant adjust brightness that might kill the deal

xboxhaxorz, Feb 26, 2017
  10. clam1952 Win User
    Presume you have tried the Nvidia Control Panel?

clam1952, Feb 26, 2017
  11. onejay09 Win User
    Did you install the ambient light sensor drivers, that has a lot to do with brightness control

onejay09, Jun 24, 2017
  12. onejay09 Win User
    Also some asus control brightness over a wmi acpi driver

onejay09, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Asus NX500JK Brightness Wont Adjust

1. Asus NX500JK Brightness Wont Adjust - Similar Threads - Asus NX500JK Brightness

2. Brightness wont adjust on second monitor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Brightness wont adjust on second monitor: My main computer is an Asus Vivobook 14 running Windows 10. My secondary is an acer monitor, it wont change the brightess on the acer. How do I fix this? submitted by /u/WackyH [link] [comments]...
  3. adjust brightness

in Windows 10 Customization
    adjust brightness: i have no option to off automatic brightness option and i'm unable to adjust my screen brightness https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adjust-brightness/51c87999-a4c8-48c8-a9b8-c7e1dd88f581
  4. Adjust brightness

Adjust brightness: Hey I have the same monitor as you, as well as the same problem. I was just curious if you ended up figuring out the issue. I have looked up everything and even as you did find a visual down loader for brightness & I have had the same results. Get back to me on the question...
  5. Brightness adjuster not there

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Brightness adjuster not there: The brightness adjuster is not in the action center. I've tried going into power settings to enable it under 'display' but it isn't there either. My keyboard's hotkeys dont work for it either despite all other hotkeys working. I've also tried uninstalling and disabling my...
  6. Adjusting the Brightness

Adjusting the Brightness: Hi, I am trying to find a way to adjust the brightness, but I can't seem to find a way to do that. I also can't find the brightness slider where it should be (according to google search)....
  7. Adjusting the brightness

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Adjusting the brightness: I have a problem of adjusting the brightness. display is having same brightness when I change to 0% to 100%. the brightness is not changing please help.. thank you in advance...
  8. Brightness adjust

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Brightness adjust: Hi, so after october Windows update my brightness adjust stopped working. It works, when I restart my laptop, but when I wake it up from sleep, it doesn't work... I got all drivers for graphics adapters, even deleted them and reinstall. My ambient light (auto brightness) is...
  9. No brightness adjustment

No brightness adjustment: My laptop just updated and now there isn't a way to adjust the brightness. Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/no-brightness-adjustment/ef0a1ba1-056c-430e-9793-7ce72f5eabf9
  10. Adjust brightness?

Adjust brightness?: I find the white of the win 10 windows just easy to bright, especially late are night. I don't wanna reduce my monitors brightness cos i have to up it again after to pay my xbox.is there a brightness setting? 31910