Windows 10: ASUS PC won't install latest updates causing black screen etc.

Discus and support ASUS PC won't install latest updates causing black screen etc. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So recently, I have been encountering problems with my computer lately. The first has been trying to install the latest update for windows 10, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by nukuno, Jul 30, 2016.

1. nukuno Win User

ASUS PC won't install latest updates causing black screen etc.

So recently, I have been encountering problems with my computer lately.
    The first has been trying to install the latest update for windows 10, but everytime it tries to install, it always ends up with the " Windows was unable to install updates undoing changes" message. The first few tomes this happened, I thought it was nothing to get worried about. After a few days I started getting black screens everytime I log in to my account. I've waited to see if the desktop would pop up but it took a whole 5 minutes to do so and the home menu wouldn't work either, and when I ran windows powershell, it seemed like it made it worse.

I've tried resetting my computer to factory defaults, but an error would come up saying that it was unable to reset my PC.

Help appreciated

:)

nukuno, Jul 30, 2016

2. Hiw Long Does It Take To Update The Latest Huge Windows 10 Update?

I got the latest huge Windows 10 update on my PC. Everything went ok at first, then after the second restart on the PC The screen went black for over an hour or so. At this point i have no idea what was going on etc. I waited as more time went by and still
    a black screen. I tried to press any key to see if anything appears. but nothing. Is this normal for the latest huge major Windows 10 update? What should I do when the screen is black for so long? zi have no idea what % the installation is on etc. How long
    does the whole entire update take to download and install on a PC? In the first few steps after each restart there would be a screen showing how much % is done etc. But, this time the screen was black and I could not do anything etc. I panic and forced a manualy
    shut off. So, now I'm back to my previous Windows 10 version. Please help!

SAMSON JOE, Jul 30, 2016
  3. my windows 10 won't restart

after installing on off updates my PC won't restart and go black screen and I have to hold power button and restart. cause of that non of update will install, because the need restart to install them.

my motherboard is Gigabyte P35-DS3L

shahryar84, Jul 30, 2016
Thema:

ASUS PC won't install latest updates causing black screen etc.

1. ASUS PC won't install latest updates causing black screen etc. - Similar Threads - ASUS won't install

2. Update install, restart caused black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update install, restart caused black screen: Once a driver update on my pc was restarting my pc went to black screen that's flashing every few seconds and it won't stop or go any further. How do I get this to stop and actually restart. The computer still hasn't actually restarted...
  3. Update install, restart caused black screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update install, restart caused black screen: Once a driver update on my pc was restarting my pc went to black screen that's flashing every few seconds and it won't stop or go any further. How do I get this to stop and actually restart. The computer still hasn't actually restarted...
  4. Update install, restart caused black screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Microsoft latest cumulative update caused black screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft latest cumulative update caused black screen: Wednesday 2nd April downloaded KB 4535996 installed and when told do not switch off your PC reached 100% it went into a black screen from blue with white dotted circle whilst loading I have tried everything to return to normal. Contacted Microsoft technician told to contact...
  6. Latest Windows Update Causes Black Screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Latest Windows Update Causes Black Screen: Hello, i just got the popup for the latest windows windows update and went ahead to update it. I let it run and update, although when i came back, i was greeted by a grey, blank screen. I assumed it was part of the update procedure, but after 30 mintues, I resorted to...
  7. Black Screen After Latest Update

Black Screen After Latest Update: I started the update to my Win10 Pro last night. The screen said it will take a long time (my words), so I went to bed expecting the latest to be fully installed and ready to go this morning. However, I now have a black screen. Occasionally, I will see my mouse cursor, and...
  8. Black screen after latest update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen after latest update: After i install the latest update. It was fine but next time i open my pc i got black screen and a window pop up saying personalize setting not responding please help....
  9. windows 10 latest update now pc stuck on black screen with asus logo

windows 10 latest update now pc stuck on black screen with asus logo: had problem with update loading and then freezing for hours so restarted and now it's stuck on black screen with asus logo, it does try to restore to previous version of windows but then restarts back to black screen with asus logo and spinning circle, won't go to safe mode...
  10. Latest Update Won't Install

Latest Update Won't Install: Whatever update it is - the one from June or July - "couldn't finish installing updates." This has been going on almost every day for too long. Microsoft support hasn't given me a solution to this issue. I've run the troubleshooter several times. Where is the manual...