Windows 10: Asus Precog is a dual-screen regular-sized Windows 10 laptop

Discus and support Asus Precog is a dual-screen regular-sized Windows 10 laptop in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; The reports have confirmed that Microsoft is working on a foldable mobile device codenamed Andromeda (often referred to as Surface Phone). The mythical... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Jun 5, 2018.

1. WinLatest New Member

Asus Precog is a dual-screen regular-sized Windows 10 laptop

The reports have confirmed that Microsoft is working on a foldable mobile device codenamed Andromeda (often referred to as Surface Phone). The mythical device will have two different display and it would run on Microsoft’s Windows Core OS. Asus, on the other hand, has today presented the Precog, a new laptop-form factor device with not one but two displays.

Asus Precog concept is similar to Microsoft’s foldable Andromeda. The Precog also combines two different displays but the device is still in laptop form-factor for apparent reasons.

Interestingly, the Asus Precog also offers several form factor and if launched, it’s likely that the device will run Windows 10 or Windows Core OS. This laptop also uses a hinge to attach two displays, and it supports several form factors, including traditional laptop design.

You can use Precog as a regular laptop as well. Just like Lenovo Yoga Book 2, one screen of the device would become a digital keyboard.

The device is basically using two different displays, one can be used as a keyboard, and the other as a screen. Interestingly, the role of the screen and keyboard would change depending on the angle and the position of the two screens. Asus’ innovative technology allows the hardware to automatically change the role of the displays.

The post Asus Precog is a dual-screen regular-sized Windows 10 laptop appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Jun 5, 2018
  2. JD_Mik Win User

Windows 10 for Touch Screen Asus Laptop

I have the same issue. Every search about it returns the same canned troubleshooting steps and I have yet to see anyone say that they have solved the issue.. very frustrating.

Is 'HID compliant touch screen' listed in your device manager under 'Human Interface Devices'?

If so, try right-clicking and selecting 'disable' , then right-click and click 'enable'... Some people have had luck with that but I did not. IF your laptop is an Asus UX501 like me, chances are you will not even see 'HID compliant touch screen' listed
    in the device manager unless you click 'view' and 'show hidden devices'.. Details then show that the system doesn't think that the touch screen is connected for some reason.

Asus support is no help - they told me to reinstall the chipset driver package (there is no individual touchscreen driver - it is supposedly part of the chipset package). That didn't work for me, and their next advice was to rollback to 8.1....

I've seen lots of posts about this issue with HP and Dell systems, but very few about asus.. not sure if it's just that there are less asus systems around, or if the problem is only affecting a subset of asus systems.. but hopefully we can make enough noise
    that they figure out a solution.

Here is the thread I started:

Touchscreen (touch panel) not working after windows 10 upgrade - asus zenbook ux501jw

JD_Mik, Jun 8, 2018
  3. Windows 10 for Touch Screen Asus Laptop

I have an touch screen Asus Laptop (not even a year old yet) and just downloaded the new Windows 10 on 8/12/14.

After download was completely I restarted my laptop and everything seemed to be functioning and working perfectly. All my files transferred effortlessly and the computer worked great.

However, today I turned my laptop on and logged in only to have my touch screen not working. The Asus is a touchscreen, it was the whole point in getting it. And now it won't work at all. Links will not open, I cannot click on anything, I can't even scroll
    up or down a page and flat out its just not working, it's like a regular laptop.

I tried finding the setting on my computer, thinking perhaps sensitivity or the feature had been turned off, but since I did nothing to switch this feature off and didn't change any settings after downloading and installing Windows 10, I'm worried it's the
    Window 10 that's causing this.

Anyone else have this issue? Is Windows 10 not made for touch screen laptops? And if it is, why is this feature suddenly not working and how can I switch it back?

Thanks,

justemily11, Jun 8, 2018
Thema:

Asus Precog is a dual-screen regular-sized Windows 10 laptop

1. Asus Precog is a dual-screen regular-sized Windows 10 laptop - Similar Threads - Asus Precog dual

2. WHERE IS THE SCREEN SIZE SIZE SIZE NOT RESOLUTION BUT SCREEN SIZE FOUND ON MY WINDOWS 10...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WHERE IS THE SCREEN SIZE SIZE SIZE NOT RESOLUTION BUT SCREEN SIZE FOUND ON MY WINDOWS 10...: It is NOT my TV. It is NOT resolution. It IS the displayed screen size. I need to bring the borders of my screen IN. EVERY option found online does NOTHING save say... change the resolution... or icon size... where my displayed screen border still DOESN'T FIT regardless of...
  3. WHERE IS THE SCREEN SIZE SIZE SIZE NOT RESOLUTION BUT SCREEN SIZE FOUND ON MY WINDOWS 10...

in Windows 10 Customization
    WHERE IS THE SCREEN SIZE SIZE SIZE NOT RESOLUTION BUT SCREEN SIZE FOUND ON MY WINDOWS 10...: It is NOT my TV. It is NOT resolution. It IS the displayed screen size. I need to bring the borders of my screen IN. EVERY option found online does NOTHING save say... change the resolution... or icon size... where my displayed screen border still DOESN'T FIT regardless of...
  4. Windows 10 regular blue screens

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 regular blue screens: Hello, I am working on this for almost a week now but haven't had success in resolving my issue. I am getting blue screens on a regular basis and cannot find the source of it. The crashes don't seem to happen on a specific action. Sometimes the PC works for hours and other...
  5. How to find laptop screen size in windows 10?

How to find laptop screen size in windows 10?: Hello guys! I want to know how you can find your laptop screen size in windows as there any easy way.\ Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-find-laptop-screen-size-in-windows-10/5860c342-9f97-4087-a411-01e9df56ac43
  6. Laptop screen size

Laptop screen size: My cat sat on my laptop keyboard and now the screen is HUGE....I've checked the resolution, and it's on the recommended size, adjusting the zoom doesn't work, and changing the font size doesn't help. Any suggestions about what might have happened and how to get the screen...
  7. Help! Can't adjust screen size for dual monitors

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help! Can't adjust screen size for dual monitors: [ATTACH] Hoping someone can help me here. First and foremost, if this post is supposed to go to a different page please advise. I need to adjust both of my screen sizes. Right now, monitor #2 is registered as sufficiently smaller (to the point where it is annoying) to my...
  8. Windows 10 and ASUS Laptops

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 and ASUS Laptops: I saw the post from 2016 concerning Windows 10 and ASUS laptops. I had windows 10 on my ASUS ROG for over a year. A couple of months ago it did two different Window updates in a row, without asking. The second one crashed my machine. I am sick over this. I cannot...
  9. Asus Laptop dual graphics chip - frustrating

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Asus Laptop dual graphics chip - frustrating: why oh why oh why would they develop a dual graphics card on one machine please go back to the hay day.. anyways I have an Asus Laptop Q534UXK and the issue is the resolution for games like origin client and other apps in that the app opens up to the recommended resolution...
  10. Asus laptop screen freezing

in Windows 10 Support
    Asus laptop screen freezing: Hello, I recently purchased an Asus Q524UQ flipbook laptop. It came preinstalled with Windows 10 and just recently, it began with some problems where the screen would freeze and I would have no way of fixing the freeze other than forcing it to shut down. At the start, it...