Windows 10: [Asus Q501LA] High System memory usage slows down my laptop

Discus and support [Asus Q501LA] High System memory usage slows down my laptop in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; [img] System is hogging my memory, how do I fix this? It makes other program slows down. Any help would be great! 21310 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by ranbir2010, Sep 4, 2015.

1. [Asus Q501LA] High System memory usage slows down my laptop

[Asus Q501LA] High System memory usage slows down my laptop [​IMG]

System is hogging my memory, how do I fix this? It makes other program slows down. Any help would be great!

:)

ranbir2010, Sep 4, 2015

2. Very high Memory and disc usage in Windows 10

After upgrading to windows 10 a month ago ,my laptop has become very slow due to high memory and disc usage. Very often low memory warning is displayed and then the system runs into black screen. Sometimes the system comes back to normal but most of the
    times it doesn't. Checking my task manager I found out that system and service host local system are using chunk of the memory which is sometimes as high as 2GB combined. How do I solve this problem?

SouravDutta394, Sep 4, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Memory Leak problem.

Hello !

I have ASUS Vivobook Laptop with i3 processor and 4 GB RAM. Windows 8 came pre-installed. I upgraded to Windows 10 when there was an upgrade notification. Ever since then my Laptop has slowed down and shows unusually high memory and disk usage (above 90%)
    while I am running just Chrome. I also have legal version of Office 2016 installed. I have learnt that this is due to a system wide memory leak in Windows 10. Is it true? What is the solution to my problem? I also checked drivers with driver talent software.
    It says all drivers are up to date except the RealTek Audio Driver.

Please help me. I am fed up and might switch to MacOS.

Prithviraj

PrithvirajThakur, Sep 4, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

[Asus Q501LA] High System memory usage slows down my laptop

Hi ranbir2010,

Welcome to the 10forums.

Does this problem occur at startup?

axe0, Sep 5, 2015
Thema:

[Asus Q501LA] High System memory usage slows down my laptop

1. [Asus Q501LA] High System memory usage slows down my laptop - Similar Threads - Asus Q501LA High

2. Windows High Memory Usage Slowing Down PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows High Memory Usage Slowing Down PC: Recently my Windows PC has slowed down a lot, so much so that I can't run many games that I used to be able to. I tried to diagnose the issue and, although I'm not certain, I think it might be a problem with high memory usage. Right now the only major process I have running...
  3. Windows High Memory Usage Slowing Down PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows High Memory Usage Slowing Down PC: Recently my Windows PC has slowed down a lot, so much so that I can't run many games that I used to be able to. I tried to diagnose the issue and, although I'm not certain, I think it might be a problem with high memory usage. Right now the only major process I have running...
  4. too much memory usage slowing down laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    too much memory usage slowing down laptop.: Dear hello everybody,I am using lenovo laptop model Ideapad s145 with ryzen 3 radeon graphic card and 4 gb of memory. and 1tb hdd. my hdd is almost empty upto 850 gbIt was working fine but after updating windows 11 its works as tortoise. Many times hanging and no speed.when i...
  5. too much memory usage slowing down laptop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    too much memory usage slowing down laptop.: Dear hello everybody,I am using lenovo laptop model Ideapad s145 with ryzen 3 radeon graphic card and 4 gb of memory. and 1tb hdd. my hdd is almost empty upto 850 gbIt was working fine but after updating windows 11 its works as tortoise. Many times hanging and no speed.when i...
  6. High memory usage

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    High memory usage: Since a while now my computer's fan (I cleaned them recently) are doing a lot of noise and about 4,5 GB just diseappear into nothingness. It count as used but doesn't appear on the task manager. I tried restarting my computer multiple times and uninstalled everything yet...
  7. System and compressed memory high CPU usage

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    System and compressed memory high CPU usage: Hi, recently the process called System and compressed memory started acting up, when I'm browsing demanding sites CPU usage spikes to 20%-40% causing my sounds to get crackles and freeze for a split second. It's extremely annoying and was not happening before. It started this...
  8. System and Compressed Memory (High memory usage)

System and Compressed Memory (High memory usage): Hello there, I am here today as I have had a problem with System and Compressed Memory since I installed Windows 10 back in December of 2015. Now keep in mind, this isn't a normal issue, as I have yet to actually find anything in regards to what to do to fix this. (I have...
  9. High CPU usage - System and Compressed Memory

High CPU usage - System and Compressed Memory: Hello everyone , well, for a while I 'm having problems with locking while I surf the internet after five minutes browsing the facebook the browser begins to catch and is impossible to do anything , I noticed that this occurs when the system and compressed memory reaches 15%...
  10. Very high memory usage by "system"

Very high memory usage by "system": Hi all. Im having an issue with my "System" Screenshot by Lightshot This is after 30-60min of having the computer running. Late last night it was at almost 6GB!! wtf is going on? i had Killer Networking - Home those drivers for me e2200 network card, but installed...