Windows 10: ASUS Q553U not turning on - Only light on is "Airplane mode / F2 Key"

Discus and support ASUS Q553U not turning on - Only light on is "Airplane mode / F2 Key" in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all, was a member on SevenForums years ago..it's been a while. Anyways, having an issue with a fairly new-ish laptop, an ASUS Q553U. It won't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by NeCedeMalis, Jan 21, 2017.

1. ASUS Q553U not turning on - Only light on is "Airplane mode / F2 Key"

Hi all, was a member on SevenForums years ago..it's been a while.

Anyways, having an issue with a fairly new-ish laptop, an ASUS Q553U. It won't power on, power indicator is off, no backlight, the only key that lights up is the F2 key / airplane mode key. A few pieces of info that may be of use:

-Nothing turns on on battery power
    -That key only lights up when plugged in
    -Key also turns on without me hitting the power button, power button does nothing.
    -I have no spare power supplies to test with at the moment.

Now, I'm pretty sure this isn't a Windows 10 problem at all, but this crowd was always super helpful back on SevenForums so I figured it was worth a shot.

Thanks in advance, any help is greatly appreciated!

:)

NeCedeMalis, Jan 21, 2017

2. Wi-Fi adapter is disabled and can't be enabled (Windows couldn't automatically bind the IP protocol stack to the network adapter)

My laptop doesn't have a Wi-Fi light indicator, only the flight mode one. Holding and releasing Fn+F2 does nothing: as I mentioned in the initial post, there's only a flight mode activator on my notebook, there isn't anything for switching on and off the
    Wi-Fi adapter, only the flight mode

I've already unchecked all of that before submitting the question (sorry for not mentioning it initially)

It's already Automatic and Enabled

Dmitry Shornikov, Jan 21, 2017
  3. TomRivet Win User
    Windows 10 airplane mode won't turn off

Yes, it did, but you did N OT have the 'Airplane Mode won't Turn Off ' issue, obviously, because you did turn it OFF! by its intended means. What you have is most likely a failure to READ your own documentation for your machine. That is Dell's standard
    switch to turn the Internet ON and OFF: It does NOT turn on Airplane Mode. Other manufactueres use different keys or combos to do this same thing, plus using MS Settings would also have allowed you to turn the internet ON.

This is one of the first things every one should try: READ and find the keys or key combos that turn the Internet ON or OFF!

TomRivet, Jan 21, 2017
  4. ASUS Q553U not turning on - Only light on is "Airplane mode / F2 Key"

Welcome to the TenForums @NeCedeMalis

I would check with manual for a reset method. One option that has worked on some devices acting strange.

Unplug, remove battery, press and hold power button for 30 seconds. Leave battery out, plug back in. Cross fingers, press power on.

One benefit of new-ish is warranty. Before sending any where get your data off. If drive is not accessible ask them how they guarantee they will not over write. (At that, don't be surprised when its returned blank).

Hopefully you have a recent back up. Maybe you will be lucky and drive is accessible, lots of new laptops, they are buried. Opening laptop up will likely void warranty.

Caledon Ken, Jan 21, 2017
  5. Try this, unplug the power pack and remove the battery. Now press and hold the Power button for say 5 seconds. That should remove all power from it and force a cold start. Plug the power pack and battery back in and have another try. Windows Fast Startup / Sleep / Hibernate (take your pick) can mess things up, especially in a device that's battery powered.

alphanumeric, Jan 21, 2017
  6. Ikstore Win User
    Recommend you to remove your ASUS Q553U Battery and hold press the power button after that,Plugin in Again and Start Hard Power button.

Ikstore, Aug 20, 2017
  7. spunk Win User
    If the above suggestions fail, remove the battery and use only the power adapter. If it does not power on, then there is a hardware issue.

spunk, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

ASUS Q553U not turning on - Only light on is "Airplane mode / F2 Key"

1. ASUS Q553U not turning on - Only light on is "Airplane mode / F2 Key" - Similar Threads - ASUS Q553U turning

2. Sleep and airplane mode key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sleep and airplane mode key: I always keep clicking airplane mode and sleep mode by accident since its on f1 and f2 can someone help me how i can disable those 2 keys because its unbearable, thank you for your help...
  3. Sleep and airplane mode key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sleep and airplane mode key: I always keep clicking airplane mode and sleep mode by accident since its on f1 and f2 can someone help me how i can disable those 2 keys because its unbearable, thank you for your help...
  4. Airplane mode turns on by itself

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Airplane mode turns on by itself: I cannot connect to the internet because the airplane mode turns on by itself. It occurs when I turn my computer off then, when I turn it on, itswitches to air plane mode...
  5. Airplane mode keeps turning on

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Airplane mode keeps turning on: I have been stuck on the lock screen for sometime now because the airplane mode on my computer keeps turning on which makes whatever I type disappear and now I cant even enter my password to log in...
  6. Only airplane mode on network

Only airplane mode on network: [IMG]My network tab only shows airplane mode and nothing else i’ve tried going into services and restarting WLAN Autoconfig tried almost everything i saw on the web but nothing seems to be working. It was working fine last night. As u can see from the photo my network tab...
  7. turn airplane mode off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    turn airplane mode off: I no longer have WIFI and cannot turn airplane mode off. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-airplane-mode-off/1b9338c2-2c4a-4d36-9d01-d777628f3aa1
  8. Which keys would turn on Airplane mode?

Which keys would turn on Airplane mode?: On a previous answer to the question, "Airplane mode turns on automatically", one of the three suggestions were; 1- Battery Saver setting is turning it on 2 - a Keyboard hotkey is accidentally turning Airplane mode to On. [no further explanation offered] "wireless...
  9. Airplane Mode Will Not Turn Off

Airplane Mode Will Not Turn Off: My laptop's flight mode is stuck on. I went to setting and it showed the switch and the text above it grey. I have tried everything to try to fix it but nothing is working as of now. I do not really post on forums much but this is urgent so i need to get it fixed as soon as...
  10. Turning off Airplane Mode

Turning off Airplane Mode: How do I turn off airplane mode on my computer, when the wifi/airplane mode icon on the taskbar does not work? (I have clicked on the wifi icon, then on "airplane mode", but nothing changes and cannot turn the mode off)....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. asus no boot airplane led on

2. asus f2 power doesnt power

3. asus f2 light on

4. asus airplane loght,
  5. Asus rog laptop airplane light