Windows 10: ASUS ROG STRIX B350-F Gaming Motherboard Sata Ports 3 and 6 Issue

Discus and support ASUS ROG STRIX B350-F Gaming Motherboard Sata Ports 3 and 6 Issue in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello All, I have a Asus ROG STRIX B350-F and I have been trying to plug a hard drive into what I believe are Sata Ports 3 or 6 and while it seems the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Rjnagy, Jan 27, 2018.

1. Rjnagy Win User

ASUS ROG STRIX B350-F Gaming Motherboard Sata Ports 3 and 6 Issue

Hello All,
    I have a Asus ROG STRIX B350-F and I have been trying to plug a hard drive into what I believe are Sata Ports 3 or 6 and while it seems the drive shows up in the bios. It does not show up in Windows 10. This is the amd ryzen version of the board. I cannot find a driver on asus website and the only sata driver there says its not for win 10 when you run it. I had a m2 ssd installed and I even took that out as some people in other forums were saying supposedly that disabled those ports. These are the two sata ports that sit by themselves close to the pci express slot and ram slots. Any info would be appreciated.

:)

Rjnagy, Jan 27, 2018

2. BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE ntoskrnl.exe Ryzen 7 1700 - ASUS B350F - Win 10 Pro

BugCheck 9F, {3, ffffa98dbfa01060, ffff85004dcb78f0, ffffa98dbfc6ab40}

(Developer Content) Bug Check 0x9F DRIVER\_POWER\_STATE\_FAILURE | Microsoft Docs

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for amd_sata.sys

*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for amd_sata.sys

Probably caused by : amd_sata.sys

Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX B350-F GAMING

You need to update the driver for your AMD B350 Chipset.

Driver date: 2017/06/02

AM4Chipset_9.0.000.8_5.12.0.31_20170531.zip

ROG STRIX B350-F GAMING | Motherboards | ASUS Global

if you use more SSD or Hard Drives on RAID install the sata RAID driver.

RAID - AMD RAID driver V8.1.0.26 for Windows Win10 64bit---(WHQL)

Driver Date: 2017/04/07

AMD_RAIDdriver_win10_V81026_20170407.zip

Regards.

IT Guy Viki, Jan 27, 2018
  3. constant hangs, Windows hello for business.

I have the same problem. It actually causes a blue screen crash. I also have a Ryzen5 1600X running in a B350 chipset. My motherboard is a Asus ROG Strix B350 Gaming-i mini itx, with a 110 gb NVME x4 ssd, Corsair Vengence 3200mhz ram, and a Gigabyte GTX
    560ti 448 video card. I hope this is resolved soon.

JASONINTORONTO, Jan 27, 2018
  4. ASUS ROG STRIX B350-F Gaming Motherboard Sata Ports 3 and 6 Issue

Hi Rjnagy.

According to manual those are ports 5 and 6

ASUS ROG STRIX B350-F Gaming Motherboard Sata Ports 3 and 6 Issue [​IMG]

Further it comments that these ports will be shared when a SATA / PCIe mode m.2 device is installed.

ASUS ROG STRIX B350-F Gaming Motherboard Sata Ports 3 and 6 Issue [​IMG]

Interesting because when mine is running m2 PCIe those ports are disable. Of course mine is a different architecture.

Not sure if you made a lot of changes to BIOS. What I would suggest, if you know your BIOS settings, remove m2, then load defaults in BIOS, save and see if that wakes them up.

I believe you will have issues if you want your m2 installed as well. Is your m2 Sata or PCIe?

You could contact Asus and confirm with your specific m2 if those ports are disable.

Your manual

https://www.asus.com/ca-en/Motherboa...lpDesk_Manual/

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jan 28, 2018
Thema:

ASUS ROG STRIX B350-F Gaming Motherboard Sata Ports 3 and 6 Issue

1. ASUS ROG STRIX B350-F Gaming Motherboard Sata Ports 3 and 6 Issue - Similar Threads - ASUS ROG STRIX

2. asus rog strix g16

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    asus rog strix g16: In event viewer i keep getting event errors: metadata failure id131 and kernel tracing error id 2 I've searched up solutions done a bunch but the ones I haven't done are risky and could brick my laptop so imam refrain from that so if someone could guide through some safe...
  3. Asus Rog Strix G16

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Asus Rog Strix G16: Hello, I need help with my Asus Rog Strix G16 laptop I just bought it and everytime I unplug or plug the laptop to charge it just black screen for a couple of second. Could anyone show me how to fix that problem...
  4. Asus Rog Strix G16

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Asus Rog Strix G16: Hello, I need help with my Asus Rog Strix G16 laptop I just bought it and everytime I unplug or plug the laptop to charge it just black screen for a couple of second. Could anyone show me how to fix that problem...
  5. I have a ROG Strix B550-F Gaming Wifi II motherboard, and the wifi antenna is not working...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a ROG Strix B550-F Gaming Wifi II motherboard, and the wifi antenna is not working...: The antenna is screwed in in the back and is not working. On Device Manager it is not under network adapters. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-rog-strix-b550-f-gaming-wifi-ii/cea82136-d127-47e2-aa3f-32ee77b0dc09
  6. I have a ROG Strix B550-F Gaming Wifi II motherboard, and the wifi antenna is not working...

I have a ROG Strix B550-F Gaming Wifi II motherboard, and the wifi antenna is not working...: The antenna is screwed in in the back and is not working. On Device Manager it is not under network adapters. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-rog-strix-b550-f-gaming-wifi-ii/cea82136-d127-47e2-aa3f-32ee77b0dc09
  7. My Asus Rog Strix G15 can’t wifi 6

My Asus Rog Strix G15 can’t wifi 6: In my network adapter I have the MediaTek Wi-Fi 6 MT7921 Wireless LAN Card but I only have 2.4gHz and 5.0 gHz option for wifi connection. i have tried uninstalling and installing my wifi adapter but still it wouldn’t show up. How do I solve this?...
  8. My Asus Rog Strix G15 can’t wifi 6

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Asus Rog Strix G15 can’t wifi 6: In my network adapter I have the MediaTek Wi-Fi 6 MT7921 Wireless LAN Card but I only have 2.4gHz and 5.0 gHz option for wifi connection. i have tried uninstalling and installing my wifi adapter but still it wouldn’t show up. How do I solve this?...
  9. Asus Rog Strix GTX 1080

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Asus Rog Strix GTX 1080: So i happened to have this little accident that a cat decided to pee on my pc and a small amount of it landed on my GPU which i did not apparently clean out well enough and it ended up ruining a few components. Is it possible to find any component map of the gpu to see what...
  10. Boot issues ASUS ROG Strix Z590-A Gaming

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Boot issues ASUS ROG Strix Z590-A Gaming: Hi all, As the thread mentions I'm getting slow boot times compared to my Z490 which had the same hardware (except board) & software. Winver 19042.804. I get a hang on welcome screen for at least 10 seconds but it's consistent. I'm not the best at tracing so maybe one of...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. rog strix b350-f sata drive windows

2. rog strix b350-f gaming sata port 3 4 5 6 not working

3. b350-f gaming sata drivers

4. dip5 issues asus b350,
  5. what is a sataports on asus strix