Windows 10: Asus S400CA - Miracast with PushToTV3000-no sound

Discus and support Asus S400CA - Miracast with PushToTV3000-no sound in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When I connect to wireless display to SONY TV via PTV3000, I cannot hear sound from TV, though I can see video in Windows10. In windows 8.1, I could... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by lvgandhi, Aug 29, 2015.

1. lvgandhi Win User

Asus S400CA - Miracast with PushToTV3000-no sound

When I connect to wireless display to SONY TV via PTV3000, I cannot hear sound from TV, though I can see video in Windows10. In windows 8.1, I could get both sound and display with out any problem. Any solutions, Please.

:)

lvgandhi, Aug 29, 2015
  2. Arun B J Win User

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

From what you have mentioned, I would suggest you to try these steps to see if it resolves the issue

Method 1: Hardware Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Sound. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Audio

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the playing Audio troubleshooter

Method 2.

Try updating the Audio drivers from the manufacturer's website and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to update the audio drivers:

a. Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.

b. Expand the Sound, Video and game controllers.

c. Right-click on the Sound card and click on Update driver software.

d. Restart the computer and check.

Method 3:

No sound in Windows.

Refer the link below.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/no-sound-help#no-sound=windows-8&v1h=win8tab4&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1&v4h=winxptab1

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Aug 29, 2015
  3. Asus S400CA - Miracast with PushToTV3000-no sound

When I connect to wireless display to SONY TV via PTV3000, I cannot hear sound from TV, though I can see video in Windows10. In windows 8.1, I could get both sound and display with out any problem. Any solutions, Please.

L.V.Gandhi, Aug 29, 2015
  4. bro67 Win User

Check with Netgear why the device is not compatible with Windows 10. Same as who made the Miracast device on your laptop. If it is Intel and they no longer support that device, you may have to do a Compatibility mode to see if it works.

10 is bringing the same headaches as XP & 7 did. The manufacturers were not on board when Microsoft pushed out the OS before the manufacturers could build the drivers.

You may end up being stuck using Windows 8.1, if there is no solution with 10.

bro67, Aug 29, 2015
  5. lvgandhi Win User
    Finally it worked today! As in other cases audio output devices, here also there was problem of output device selection. after selecting widi TV in playback devices, sound also worked. Instead of auto selection, we have to select playback device in all cases of speaker, headphone, HDMI for TV and widi TV.

lvgandhi, Aug 30, 2015
  6. bro67 Win User
    Widi is proprietary to Intel. It never really took off and became a dead technology. Miracast is going the same way. It is not getting anywhere and is going to also end up a dead technology. Mainly because of Chromecast and other streaming devices are allowing Direct Peer Sharing.

The biggest fault for WiDi & Miracast, is that there is no set standard for those two technologies. Miracast was incorporated into the Android OS. But because every device manufacturer that uses Android OS, does not use a one version only of Android on their devices.

bro67, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Asus S400CA - Miracast with PushToTV3000-no sound - Similar Threads - Asus S400CA Miracast

2. Miracast not transmitting sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Miracast not transmitting sound: My laptop is able to transmit video but not sound. The sound transmits to "Digital Output " by default and the only other option is to transmit sound out of my laptop. I was able to connect to my TV with my old laptop easily. I've attempted to look up solutions online but...
  3. Miracast not transmitting sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Miracast not transmitting sound: My laptop is able to transmit video but not sound. The sound transmits to "Digital Output " by default and the only other option is to transmit sound out of my laptop. I was able to connect to my TV with my old laptop easily. I've attempted to look up solutions online but...
  4. miracast

in Windows 10 Gaming
    miracast: hihow fix Miracast: Available, no HDCP in windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/miracast/910de23d-ec05-414d-8d1e-ee2ad4e47bbe
  5. Asus s400CA Touchscreen keeps clicking fast and randomly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Asus s400CA Touchscreen keeps clicking fast and randomly: Hello guys, I have an asus S400CA touchscreen. Have all the recent windows updates. The touchscreen keeps clicking fast and randomly. The issue started two days back. I have used the smart gesture app to disable the trackpad when mouse is connected. Doesn't change anything...
  6. asus sound drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    asus sound drivers: i have asus p7p55d-evo old board but on win7 i can have 5.1 sound but not anymore on win10 its via chip Can someone have look on this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/asus-sound-drivers/2d17b680-d82a-4593-8c42-45a3e982918d
  7. Windows 10 possible graphics issue on Asus VivoBook S400CA

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Windows 10 possible graphics issue on Asus VivoBook S400CA: Hello, I have this problem with my computer and Windows 10 OS where the entire desktop is expanded to the right side of the screen and I have encountered no way to solve it. The graphics driver is the latest one and is a fresh install of Windows 10. I will attach one...
  8. ASUS S400CA - HDMI Connection not working.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    ASUS S400CA - HDMI Connection not working.: When I connect my ASUS S400CA with HDMI cable to SONY TV, it is not recognized input of TV in windows 10. Any solutions? The same was working in windows 8.1. 20062
  9. Asus S400CA - installing windows 10 - using ssd cache

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Asus S400CA - installing windows 10 - using ssd cache: My laptop Asus S400CA comes with 24GB SSD to work as express cache. What should be done while upgrading from windows 8.1 to windows 10 so that express cache is used. Will windows 10 installation take care and use this cache automatically or should any other work to be done by...
  10. Asus S400CA and creators update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Asus S400CA and creators update.: I have ASUS S400CA laptop bought in 2013 with windows 8. Later installed and updated to windows 10 1607. I have changed hdd to ssd and wifi chip to intel. But windows update still not shows for creators update. Any one has updated to creators update with this laptop. Ifso is...