Windows 10: Asus splendid issue

Discus and support Asus splendid issue in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have two Asus laptops one the main home one (ROG version) and this small travel one both running 10 (ROG) and a dual boot 10 on the smaller machine .... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ICIT2LOL, Apr 15, 2017.

1. ICIT2LOL Win User

Asus splendid issue

I have two Asus laptops one the main home one (ROG version) and this small travel one both running 10 (ROG) and a dual boot 10 on the smaller machine .

Now I found quite by accident the Asus Splendid utility and it has installed on the ROG and is brilliant as the GUI is so simple and yet I cannot get it to install on this small laptop see pic for error.

Any ideas please as I know it has something to do with colour matching but hwy the ROG and not this smaller machine??

:)

ICIT2LOL, Apr 15, 2017

2. splendid does not support current screen settings

Yes, it is able to be fixed. Here is what worked for me.

1) Go to Latest ASUS drivers for Windows 10 - Official links - Ivan Ridao Freitas and download the latest Splendid utility update from the link there. (ver. 3.19.0004 as of 2017/04/05)

2) Go to the ASUS support site, enter your model and download the splendid utility from there too.

3) From the ASUS support file, extract the ICM files for your laptop in the
    /data/ColorTable/
    folder into "C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\Splendid\icm"

4) Extract and install the Splendid update from ivanrf.com

Ivanrf.com maintains a continual update of drivers and issues related to ASUS and Windows 10.

--sirgregory

sir_gregory, Apr 15, 2017
  3. Eye Care Switcher broken after recent Windows 10 update

Yes, it is able to be fixed. Here is what worked for me.

1) Go to Latest ASUS drivers for Windows 10 - Official links - Ivan Ridao Freitas and download the latest Splendid utility update from the link there. (ver. 3.19.0004 as of 2017/04/05)

2) Go to the ASUS support site, enter your model and download the splendid utility from there too.

3) From the ASUS support file, extract the ICM files for your laptop in the
    /data/ColorTable/
    folder into "C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\Splendid\icm"

4) Extract and install the Splendid update from ivanrf.com

Ivanrf.com maintains a continual update of drivers and issues related to ASUS and Windows 10.

--sirgregory

sir_gregory, Apr 15, 2017
  4. Asus splendid issue

This about all I can find that's relevant .... I'm sure you've seen it though. It says to me that it probably won't work unless it was pre-installed . MSI has something almost exactly like it.

'It is usually licensed for use only on the ASUS PC on which it was pre-installed."

"An ICM file for the current display can be selected in Windows by opening the Display Control Panel and selecting "Display Properties." Then click Settings→Advanced Properties→Color Management." That's from an older thing I found , maybe it will help. Maybe a system file check since it may be a Windows thing?

ASUS Splendid Video Enhancement Technology - Should I Remove It?
    (has the MD5 )

indianacarnie, Apr 15, 2017
  5. ICIT2LOL Win User
    Yep indie I saw all that nonsense and the machine I was trying tio install it on was a downgrade from 8.1 to 7 when I bought it so thought as it was originally an 8 then it would just do it.

I have the machine now in dual 10/7 boot but anyway I am not going to bother - a shame really because the ROG machine is so simply adjusted to one's own preferences.

I guess it is the same old same old this will work with this as long this had that etc etc ad nauesum ad infinitum

Personally I get sick of this nonsense and for another example I bought a Google Pixel phone over the new (then) Samsung S7 - and yes you might be thinking what I am going to say - it cannot be used on a Windows machine unless (if I am not terribly mistaken) one uses Googles drive etc to download pics etc etc bloody etc

Am going into my providers shop at the earliest opportunity to give them a real razz up because on top of that the Samsung Tab A that came in the bundle supposedly able to be used as a wifi hot spot using a USB tether doesn't work either. If I didn't owe so much money for the Pixel I would gladly trade it in for another Samsung because it also has no external memory card!!

All in all pretty fed up with tech stuff at the moment. The only thing that is going right at the moment for me is Windows 10!!

End of rant*Mad But thanks for the input mate I did appreciate it as it really confirmed a half suspicion of mine.

ICIT2LOL, Apr 15, 2017
  6. lx07 Win User
    Thanks for pointing this out. I'm thinking of getting one and it wouldn't even have crossed my mind it wouldn't work.

Not sure if you saw this btw. Perhaps it may help.Windows 10 PC not detecting Pixel C at all : GooglePixelC

7. ICIT2LOL Win User
    No mate I didn't see that site - I had got tired of seeing so many anyway.

Now don't get me wrong it is a top phone very fast charge, long lasting battery - typically mine stays charged to half charge in 4 days the camera is no slouch front or back and has no bloat to speak off.
    If you do go with the Pixel just remember there are two options the smaller Pixel and the larger Pixel XL. The main difference for me is the XL is physically larger and has more on board memory 128GB at the time I bought mine the limit for the small one was 32GB more than I will probably use but I would have preferred the larger screen.

Now because I am not terribly Android savvy maybe I have done something wrong but I have faithfully followed the Googles I have got onto but have only succeeded in locking mine and you see I am not sure whether they mean the phone itself is locked or my use of it is locked. That is why I am going to storm the Telstra shop as soon as I can.

See this anyway the differences are not much except I think this site has the memory for the small Pixel wrong Google Pixel vs. Pixel XL: Which should you buy? | Android Central

ICIT2LOL, Apr 15, 2017
  8. ICIT2LOL Win User

Asus splendid issue

Well all bing what they are I might find out tomorrow as I am taking the phone into the Telstra shop and get the lowdown from them and also because it is more difficult to sort out settings on the Pixel not so much as setting them but more on how to reverse them which I find really very bizarre.

ICIT2LOL, Apr 16, 2017
  9. ICIT2LOL Win User
    lx07 mate clear your message bank out it is full *Wink
    Anyway now I just wanted to share with you too that I found that using the security settings you can lock the Pixel phone by only letting it turn on when it recognises where it is - on you or at a safe location - your home ,and to unlock iy you just need to set up voice recognition and the fingerprint feature.
    So all I need to do now is pick the phone up say "OK Google" and/or touch the back window with whatever finger you set it up with and the phone springs into life.
    The issue of data from it to my computers - another issue.
    John*Smile

ICIT2LOL, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Asus splendid issue

1. Asus splendid issue - Similar Threads - Asus splendid issue

2. How to remove "ASUS Splendid Demo" from my monitor?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove "ASUS Splendid Demo" from my monitor?: "ASUS Splendid Demo Standard, Splendid Off, Splendid On" stays on my ASUS Zenscreen portable monitor attached to my Surface Book. Changing the mode with the Asus buttons eg to Scenery, Gaming, etc just replaces that word with Standard and it stays on the screen. Can't find...
  3. ASUS Splendid Not Working on VivoBook 15

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ASUS Splendid Not Working on VivoBook 15: ASUS Splendid "does not support the current screen settings" for ASUS VivoBook 15 with Windows 11. How can I change the yellow tint? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/asus-splendid-not-working-on-vivobook-15/c5650a68-306c-4e6e-a7df-52ad9f31edbc
  4. ASUS Splendid Not Working on VivoBook 15

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ASUS Splendid Not Working on VivoBook 15: ASUS Splendid "does not support the current screen settings" for ASUS VivoBook 15 with Windows 11. How can I change the yellow tint? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/asus-splendid-not-working-on-vivobook-15/c5650a68-306c-4e6e-a7df-52ad9f31edbc
  5. Can't Turn Off Asus Splendid Mode in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Turn Off Asus Splendid Mode in Windows 11: There's a yellow tint on my screen which is due to this Asus 'Splendid Mode' which adds the tint for eye care.I really don't want it there, but even selecting normal mode in the MyAsus app doesn't remove it. Is there ANY way i can get rid of the tint without deleting files...
  6. Can't Turn Off Asus Splendid Mode in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Turn Off Asus Splendid Mode in Windows 11: There's a yellow tint on my screen which is due to this Asus 'Splendid Mode' which adds the tint for eye care.I really don't want it there, but even selecting normal mode in the MyAsus app doesn't remove it. Is there ANY way i can get rid of the tint without deleting files...
  7. Asus Splendid running command prompt window at startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Asus Splendid running command prompt window at startup: Hello! Matei here! Back again with my Asus laptop. So, my laptop always has a program called ''Splendid'', which is an Asus technology for the display, but when my laptop is finishing booting up, it shows a command prompt window that is called ''Splendid Startup'', but it...
  8. ASUS Splendid Demo Scenery

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    ASUS Splendid Demo Scenery: How to remove ASUS Splendid Demo Scenery from my screen? It is just there all the time even I have reset and shut down my PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/asus-splendid-demo-scenery/1be4cea5-37c4-4409-9a57-b3ee245034fc
  9. Can't install Asus splendid on windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't install Asus splendid on windows 10: I have asus vivobook 15 x510UF laptop.It came with windows 10 pre-installed and asus splendid is working fine.Then i did windows 10 clean install.My windows 10 verson is 1903.Now when i tried to install asus splendid utility which i downloaded from asus website,it shows error...
  10. bug color temperature asus splendid windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    bug color temperature asus splendid windows 10: plug in and unplug usb, turn on and off bluetooth, connect and disconnect wifi, random time. it all make color temperature a little blue. problem because windows update (KB4458469 or KB4230204). i know the problem of windows update becouse i alrady reinstall windows and see...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. asus eyecare icm

2. could not find icm file asus splendid

3. asus splendid icm error

4. asus splendid does support current display setting,
  5. asus splendid windows 1903,
  6. asus splendid could not install icm driver,
  7. splendid screen settings,
  8. splendid does not support the current setting,
  9. asus splendid video could not find icm file,
  10. auss splendid odws not support current setting,
  11. asus splendid icm file,