Windows 10: Asus strix 970 gtx fan?

Discus and support Asus strix 970 gtx fan? in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi again. When I got my Asus strix 970 gtx on desktop the fan wouldn't spin but as soon as I started a game it would. At this point I didn't even... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by skipper847, Jun 4, 2016.

1. Asus strix 970 gtx fan?

Hi again.

When I got my Asus strix 970 gtx on desktop the fan wouldn't spin but as soon as I started a game it would. At this point I didn't even have GPU tweak installed and would sound like it would go to 100% as soon as I opened up a game. After some time this stopped happening but the fan would spin but not as loud as at first was. I then downloaded GPU tweak and set fan manual at 100% just to test if it was the graphic card fan what was making the noise. When I set it to 100% the sound was the exact same. So why you think now the fan doesn't work like it did when I first got it.

:)

skipper847, Jun 4, 2016

2. DirectX missing files.

Okay so all of the drivers are up to date.

Edit: Here are the specs

Asus B85M-G R2 Motherboard

Intel 3.6 GHz i7 (4790) CPU

16 GB DDR3 Memory

Asus Strix GTX-970 (4GB)

eVGA 700w certified PS

1TB WD RE (Enterprise) SATAIII HD

Windows 10 Enterprise x64

MagnusDice, Jun 4, 2016
  3. Problem upgrading to Windows 10

I am currently using:

Intel i7 3770k

asus strix gtx 970

32 gb of ddr3 ram

1 SSD and 1 HDD

On Windows 7 Professional.

The problem happens DURING the update to windows 10 then on the second stage it shoots up to ~75% and then reverts back to windows 7 Pro.

Ryan Laker, Jun 4, 2016
Thema:

Asus strix 970 gtx fan?

1. Asus strix 970 gtx fan? - Similar Threads - Asus strix 970

2. Asus Rog Strix GTX 1080

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Asus Rog Strix GTX 1080: So i happened to have this little accident that a cat decided to pee on my pc and a small amount of it landed on my GPU which i did not apparently clean out well enough and it ended up ruining a few components. Is it possible to find any component map of the gpu to see what...
  3. Asus Strix GTX1080 8gb

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Asus Strix GTX1080 8gb: Hello everyone. Lets start with problem what ive had two days ago my m.2 ssd stopped working so ive replaced it to new one. All fine now. So ive had to install new window ive done that done all updates, chipset etc., but when im installing graphic driver its not working. Its...
  4. ASUS ROG Strix GTX 1080 8G Gaming and Windows 10 1903

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    ASUS ROG Strix GTX 1080 8G Gaming and Windows 10 1903: do not like each other. With clean installation and with upgrade this gpu is grey in the device manager, no sound available and can`t install any Nvidia drivers. Would appreciate any help. 130847
  5. My GTX 970 fans are stuck at 100%

My GTX 970 fans are stuck at 100%: No idea what's caused this, turned my machine on one day and noticed the fans were louder than usual. They spin up as soon as I get to the login screen for windows. I've been using MSI Afterburner to control the fan speed for months with no issues but now setting the slider...
  6. GTX 970 hardware or drivers causing BSOD?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    GTX 970 hardware or drivers causing BSOD?: Hello - here is my situation: Approx 1 week ago I upgraded from a GTX 770 (had absolutely NO issues, infact I cant remember the last time I saw a BSOD with this PC) Upgraded to a R9 390X card, and sold my 770. Within a day, I started to get random reboots, crashes,...
  7. Asus strix gaming 1080 GTX t i OC 11 gig

Asus strix gaming 1080 GTX t i OC 11 gig: I have an issue going on with Windows 10 fall Creator update or NVIDIA drivers. The picture does not fit across the full screen and comes up scrambled 103266
  8. AMD equivalent to my nVidia GTX 970

AMD equivalent to my nVidia GTX 970: Hello fellow TenForums users. Since the release of W10 AU [1607] build I am pretty scared to upgrade drivers for my GTX 970. In fact, I am running an older release because latest ones don't work fine for me. I am not that impressed with DirectCompute, DX12 and Vulkan...
  9. ASUS Strix GTX 1080Ti OC - lag spikes/stuttering

ASUS Strix GTX 1080Ti OC - lag spikes/stuttering: Hello guys, This is my setup - System Builder - Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz 6-Core, GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB STRIX GAMING OC - PCPartPicker (nothing is OC'ed /only factory/ .. everything is on stock) i7 8700k (no OC) GTX 1080ti OC edition (factory OC only) 16gb (2x8gb) RAM...
  10. Miracast - Not Supported By Graphics Driver? GTX 970

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Miracast - Not Supported By Graphics Driver? GTX 970: According to information gathered by numerous Google searches, NVidia GTX 970 & 980 cards should support Miracast, but when I do a diagnostic report it says my Graphics Driver is not supported. My PC can find the Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter on my LG tv, and the tv...