Windows 10: ASUS Strix GTX 1080Ti OC - lag spikes/stuttering

Discus and support ASUS Strix GTX 1080Ti OC - lag spikes/stuttering in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hello guys, This is my setup - System Builder - Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz 6-Core, GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB STRIX GAMING OC - PCPartPicker (nothing is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by luckerr, Jan 30, 2018.

1. luckerr Win User

ASUS Strix GTX 1080Ti OC - lag spikes/stuttering

Hello guys,

This is my setup - System Builder - Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz 6-Core, GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB STRIX GAMING OC - PCPartPicker (nothing is OC'ed /only factory/ .. everything is on stock)
    i7 8700k (no OC)
    GTX 1080ti OC edition (factory OC only)
    16gb (2x8gb) RAM DDR4 3200MHz
    SSD + HDD

Userbenchmark OK - http://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/7016923

Here is my problem: In almost every game I am having lag spikes/stuttering Imgur + Imgur like this (Assassin's Creed: Origin - benchmark). Games where I can see the problem the most: Assassin's Creed: Origin, Battlefield 1, PUBG, Witcher 3 running in the city (there is a microstutter when you enter new area in the city). Sometimes it runs OK for few minutes. Sometimes it runs OK for 1 hour BUT it looks like when I let my PC running for like 6 hours (playing or idling - does not matter) stuttering problem is worse. But I experienced it right after cold boot too.

My overall performance is great. I checked 3D Mark/Cinebench 15/FPS in games regarding youtube videos with people with the similar setup.. everyhting is how it should be. EXCEPT the stutters :/.

I noticed that sometimes it disappears when I alt-tab like during this test: https://imgur.com/a/bH4nV

Superposition Benchmark + AC:O Benchmark = Imgur (frametime) /// but another AC:O Benchmark right away was super smooth = Imgur ... so I don't get it anymore.

Here are also some videos of the problem:

BF 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHxeKw_9PdA
    AC:O:

I've already done:
    - tried another mobo (Asus Maximus X hero
    - another RAMs (also XMP on/off)
    - win10 1607
    - win10 latest build with only drivers + games (without sound drivers and onboard audio disabled, windows defender disabled, no antivirus programm)
    - another cpu i7 8700k
    - gaming mods off in Windows
    - hdtune, latency mon (0,3-0,4ms pointing on nvidia drivers during my tests, spikes to 0,7ms probably only when alt-tabbing)
    - drivers are up to date, so the bios
    - only SSD plugged in
    - power management option set to performance (windows + nvidia)
    - last 5 versions of nvidia drivers (including the latest one 390.77)
    - temps are OK (Imgur - after 1 hour of BF 1)
    - tried another non-Gsync 1080p 60hz monitor
    - vsync off, gsync off/on, I've tried almost every possible setting in nvidia control panel

Looks like the problem is not there with iGPU - but it's so hard to test it with such a low fps. I have no opportunity to try the card in another pc or borrow another one.

So at this point.. I don't know what to do next to be honest.

For example I've noticed in Witcher 3 installed on SSD this kind of microstutters: Everytime when I pass ''some line/script/new aera'' in the game or a moment before someone start talking. Everything looks great when I am not moving in the game.. when I start to move and cross ''the script line'' or enter the city etc.. lag occurs again. During the lag spike my gpu power% in MSI After Burner drops a bit down - https://imgur.com/EcvPenW

But all of this does not happen all the time.. it seems so random.Do you think that my GPU can be fault from the beginning? Should I RMA it? :/

:)

luckerr, Jan 30, 2018

2. Window 10 won;t boot on H170 Pro Gaming

Core I5-6600k

Asus H170 Pro gaming

Asus strix Gtx 1060 o6g oc edition

corsair vengeance 4gbx2

corsair vs650

ssd 120gb

hdd 500gb

I have tried all the port. But anyway i created that bootable usb on mac.

VireakbothSea, Jan 30, 2018
  3. Johno4429 Win User
    PC restarting when playing games on windows 10

I've got a thermaltake level 10 from rig

I've put in a new asus rampage v extreme motherboard

Intel i7 5960x

Asus strix GeForce GTX 1080ti

Corsair vengeance 16gb 3600mhz

I had Windows 10 before for free but had the same problems so I went back to 7 but some new games will only work with 10

Johno4429, Jan 30, 2018
  4. ASUS Strix GTX 1080Ti OC - lag spikes/stuttering

Hey,

Every single time I get lag spikes, low fps, slow rendering or any bad performance in games I always run a full scan with Free Anti-Malware & Malware Removal . You can try this option and do let me know if the scan finds anything suspicious.

Midou35000, Feb 2, 2018
  5. Plankton Win User
    If it's not directly related to a hardware issue and only happens intermittently....this may suggest a malware or bug of some sort as midou35000 suggested or it can be attributed to your network connection (ISP or low bandwidth) and even possibly the game server.

Plankton, Feb 2, 2018
  6. luckerr Win User
    Hello,

it's not malware guys.. I reinstalled windows so many times.. and tried everything even with my cable disconnected. BUT!!! I found out another interesting thing?

It may sound crazy..but been testing this for a few days.

When I was testing a lot of games (my stuttering problem).. I started experiencing some random disconnects from WoW and packet losts + connection problems in Overwatch (icons on the left side).

After talking with my NIC provider + blizzard support.. they told me that everything is 100% OK with them and there must be something on my side. But here is the part.. when I pull out the GTX 1080ti .. and running only on my iGPU, everything is OK and I don't have any disconnects + connections problems in Overwatch (tested for like 3 days). After I connected the GPU back = problem is here again. Random disconnects, connection losts etc..

So I was like my MOBO can be bad. So I changed to ASUS Maximus X Hero and guess what? Same problem.

I don't get it.. is that even possible? Should I really RMA the gpu - that can be causing the stuttering in games (singleplayer games too) and causing this ''intenet'' problem? Have anyone experienced something like this?

BTW - my INTEL NIC drivers are up to date.. and I have tried a lot of Nvidia drivers too = did not help.

luckerr, Feb 7, 2018
  7. Hi,
    Please use the forums upload image features
    Most gpu's need to be dialed in asus especially the last one I had was just a pos I doubt they have gotten any better
    evga has the best imho but with gpu prices now days doubt it's worth switching just a learning experience

MSI AF well I have a love hate relationship with it lol but it's a lot better than GPU Tweak of asus *Smile

All I can say is add 120% power limit first in msi.. and add your own fan curve going from 25/25c with a straight line to 60c at 100% see how it goes.

ThrashZone, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

ASUS Strix GTX 1080Ti OC - lag spikes/stuttering

1. ASUS Strix GTX 1080Ti OC - lag spikes/stuttering - Similar Threads - ASUS Strix GTX

2. INSANE lag spikes and stutters in fortnite!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    INSANE lag spikes and stutters in fortnite!!!: I've been playing fortnite for a while now and everything has been going great, but suddenly my PC gets random fps drops and The Ping spikes from 25-500 for no reason, I've tried factory resetting my PC, Updating Drivers, and changing power plans but nothing seems to work ill...
  3. INSANE lag spikes and stutters in fortnite!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    INSANE lag spikes and stutters in fortnite!!!: I've been playing fortnite for a while now and everything has been going great, but suddenly my PC gets random fps drops and The Ping spikes from 25-500 for no reason, I've tried factory resetting my PC, Updating Drivers, and changing power plans but nothing seems to work ill...
  4. INSANE lag spikes and stutters in fortnite, HELP!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    INSANE lag spikes and stutters in fortnite, HELP!: I stopped playing fortnite about 2 years ago and it used to work perfectly there were no lagspike/stutters, and i wanted to come back to the game now. I started a solo match and when i got into the game i was getting insane lagspikes/stutters, i was pretty confused, i looked...
  5. Asus Rog Strix GTX 1080

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Asus Rog Strix GTX 1080: So i happened to have this little accident that a cat decided to pee on my pc and a small amount of it landed on my GPU which i did not apparently clean out well enough and it ended up ruining a few components. Is it possible to find any component map of the gpu to see what...
  6. Asus strix gaming 1080 GTX t i OC 11 gig

Asus strix gaming 1080 GTX t i OC 11 gig: I have an issue going on with Windows 10 fall Creator update or NVIDIA drivers. The picture does not fit across the full screen and comes up scrambled 103266
  7. 6GB Geforce GTX 1060 and OC

6GB Geforce GTX 1060 and OC: Wow, what have I been missing, this new card is excellent!!! Q: With the card, which has been installed 2 days now, came some software one of which is: EVGA Precision XOC Just how 'clever' or dangerous is overclocking? I messed about with it a little and its setting...
  8. Sony x80d aorus gtx 1080ti hdmi

Sony x80d aorus gtx 1080ti hdmi: I have a problem. My sony x80d hdmi 2 and 3 port dont work on 1080ti. But when plugging it to hdmi 4 port it works. The problem is that hdmi 2 and 3 ports are for 4k resolution with 60 hz. Hdmi 4 port is for 1080p only. Tried many settings but it doesnt work. Pls help 90830
  9. Asus strix 970 gtx fan?

Asus strix 970 gtx fan?: Hi again. When I got my Asus strix 970 gtx on desktop the fan wouldn't spin but as soon as I started a game it would. At this point I didn't even have GPU tweak installed and would sound like it would go to 100% as soon as I opened up a game. After some time this stopped...
  10. Occasional micro-stuttering / lag-spikes

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Occasional micro-stuttering / lag-spikes: Good day, I have recently discovered that my laptop (running Windows 10 now) is suffering from a form of millisecond-stuttering or lag spikes (whatever floats your boat to call it) I have done quite some research on it already, so you don't have to do it. *Smile So, the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. asus geforce gtx 1080 ti drivers for windows 1903