Windows 10: Asus touchpad how do i disable

Discus and support Asus touchpad how do i disable in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I had the touch pad disabled on my asus N76V when an external mouse was connected - which is 99% of the time. It was pretty simple in my mouse... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Policy Peddler, Aug 25, 2016.

1. Asus touchpad how do i disable

I had the touch pad disabled on my asus N76V when an external mouse was connected - which is 99% of the time. It was pretty simple in my mouse settings.
    Since installing W10 it no longer shuts off. I even went so far as following an instruction to go into startup and disabling a setting.
    When i use the key board I continuously move the pointer all over the key board and at time click it by accident.

thank you for your help.
    Richard

:)

Policy Peddler, Aug 25, 2016
  2. SamTurone Win User

How to disable touchpad on Dell Inspiron 10 uisng Windows 10 OS?

how do I disable the touchpad on my ASUS sonic master laptop

SamTurone, Aug 25, 2016
  3. About Windows 10 version 1511

How are you attempting to turn off the touchpad? If your ASUS is anything like mine fn-f9 disables the touchpad.

Alan Russell, Aug 25, 2016
  4. Asus touchpad how do i disable

Short: Install an incompatible driver for Standard Mouse, restart, then you can disable it, but it should not work already.

Open Device Manager (Right click Start) - Mice and other ... - PS2 Compatible Mouse - double click - Driver - Update.
    Browse my computer for driver software - Let me pick ... - uncheck Show compatible hardware - Pick anything else - Next.

TairikuOkami, Aug 25, 2016
  5. wouldn't i chose assus touch pad?

what do i do when i want to use the touch pad, if the wrong driver is installed for it.

Policy Peddler, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Asus touchpad how do i disable

1. Asus touchpad how do i disable - Similar Threads - Asus touchpad disable

2. how do i disable my touchpad

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how do i disable my touchpad: I don't have the option for touchpad on settings -> devices -> to disable my touchpad on my laptop. it's causing me difficulties because i need to use a mouse and can't use touchpad due to hand injury...
  3. How do I disable my touchpad

How do I disable my touchpad: Since the update, my touchpad settings are gone. The only option I have is to lower my sensitivity. I try clicking on Precision touchpad settings but it always takes me to the basic settings. Before the update I had my touchpad disabled because it drives me nuts when I am...
  4. how to disable touchpad for asus laptop

how to disable touchpad for asus laptop: how to disable the touchpad for asus laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-touchpad-for-asus-laptop/c46149f3-7175-4a35-8c12-05cec9f20b99
  5. How do I disable touchpad?

How do I disable touchpad?: I just updated Windows 10. Previously I had disabled my touchpad but now it's enabled again. I can't find a way to disable it. Please help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-disable-touchpad/06301123-1dd3-4d16-a955-b06d2cb9b828
  6. how do I disable touchpad in w10

how do I disable touchpad in w10: How do I disable the touchpad on my Samsung tablet? <contrl>f9 does not work anymore. Steve https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-disable-touchpad-in-w10/a249a572-74eb-4cec-b22a-decc07641d01
  7. ASUS TouchPad Suddenly Disabled

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    ASUS TouchPad Suddenly Disabled: [ATTACH]i don't know what happened, my asus laptop using build in windows 10 and always up to date. 30 minutes ago my asus touchpad suddenly disabled is it because the cumulative update for v1803 and but not installed yet, so i shut down the laptop. when i turned it on, the...
  8. ASUS TouchPad suddenly disabled

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    ASUS TouchPad suddenly disabled: [ATTACH]i don't know what happened, my asus laptop using build in windows 10 and always up to date. 30 minutes ago my asus touchpad suddenly disabled is it because the cumulative update for v1803 and but not installed yet, so i shut down the laptop. when i turned it on, the...
  9. ASUS TouchPad Suddenly Disabled

ASUS TouchPad Suddenly Disabled: [ATTACH]i don't know what happened, my asus laptop using build in windows 10 and always up to date. 30 minutes ago my asus touchpad suddenly disabled is it because the cumulative update for v1803 and but not installed yet, so i shut down the laptop. when i turned it on, the...
  10. How to Disable ASUS Touchpad?

How to Disable ASUS Touchpad?: How can I disable the ASUS touchpad on my ASUS laptop? The latest Windows 10 upgrade restored the functionality of the touchpad, which I had disabled. I have uninstalled the touchpad driver and restarted the computer three times from Control Panel, but it still works. I...