Windows 10: Asus U43J Windows 10 won't install

Discus and support Asus U43J Windows 10 won't install in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am having an issue with Windows 10 on my laptop. I have installed Windows 10 on various machines from laptops to desktops without any issues. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by 99taws6, Jan 15, 2016.

1. 99taws6 Win User

Asus U43J Windows 10 won't install

I am having an issue with Windows 10 on my laptop. I have installed Windows 10 on various machines from laptops to desktops without any issues. I have used USB and DVD media as well as done clean installs and upgrades. This is the first problem like this I have run into and it's really frustrating and all the Google-Fu I have used is not working on this issue.

The install begins just fine and when it goes to reboot the first time the laptop reboots to the Windows 10 logo, the loading graphic spins at the bottom for around 10 seconds and then it shuts off completely. When the laptop is restarted it restores itself backs to Windows 7 after giving the BSOD error of the SAFE_OS error.

I have tried to uninstall all unneeded drivers, wifi, network, software, clean install of 7, wiped hard drive and clean install of 10, no partitions on hard drive, bios is updated, jumping into bios at startup and shutting down then restarting, various install media, old and new versions of Windows 10, 32 and 64 but versions.

Can anyone help as this really is frustrating me. The laptop is an I5 w/16gb factory RAM and nvidia graphics m310 (I think).

Thanks in advance.

:)

99taws6, Jan 15, 2016

2. Not able to upgrade from windows 7 Home Premium to Windows 10 Home. Error 1900101-20017

Hi Team MSW

I have a laptop Asus U43j with genuine MSW 7 Home Premium. I have downloaded the windows 10 upgrade and it prompted me to install update . After configuring windows 10 100% system got rebooted but within seconds, a message flashed out that" windows
    could not be installed and we are restarting the system
    (There was an error related to THREAD).

After that i again landed at windows 7 home premium and following dialog box was there to irritate me.

It is very frustrating to invest number of hours which leads you nowhere.

Please help.

Asus U43J Windows 10 won't install [​IMG]

Gagan DS Sohal, Jan 15, 2016
  3. lose cursor and mouchpad doesnt work

hi after installing windows 10 my pad and cursor won't work it becomes frozen. I have an ASUS laptop

DennisMcGregor, Jan 15, 2016
  4. simrick Win User

Hi.
    Failure that early is a driver issue of some sort.
    Have a read of this post; maybe it will help:
    Solved Error 0xC1900101 - 0x20017 When Upgrading to Build 10162 - Windows 10 Forums
    I would use the ISO from MS TechBench for your install. People seem to have the best luck with that over the Media Creation Tool, when they're having problems.

Good luck, and please post your results for us.

simrick, Jan 15, 2016
  5. 99taws6 Win User
    I will give that version a try but answer me this, how can it be a driver issue when I'm doing a clean install from a totally wiped hard disk unless you are saying its a driver on Windows 10 installation media?

Thanks

99taws6, Jan 15, 2016
  6. simrick Win User
    Well, I know the 310m was a big problem for W10 for quite a while. W10 looks for the drivers of your devices during install. So, if it's having problems with your devices' drivers, it will fail at the first boot. Try the clean install while disconnected from the internet. Do not let it check for updates during installation. That might help. I had to do that on one system. It ended up needing an audio codec when it was finished in order to get sound. And, I had to fiddle with graphics drivers until I found something acceptable. Some people have even disabled components in the BIOS to get a successful install.

simrick, Jan 15, 2016
  7. 99taws6 Win User
    Ok I'll try it with the install you posted. It was not connected to the Internet and the drivers for the 310m were not installed as the drive was totally wiped so it would have only been using generic display adapters for Intel. It's really frustrating but I hope to get it figured out soon I hope. Thanks again.

99taws6, Jan 15, 2016
  8. simrick Win User

You're welcome. Good luck. It's a bugger sometimes!

There's another option we haven't discussed yet....it's called SysPrep. Basically, you load W10 onto another machine, then strip it down to bare metal and prepare it to install on another machine. Might be something to look at if this doesn't work. I'd have to get another member involved for that, as I'm not too well-versed on it.

simrick, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Asus U43J Windows 10 won't install - Similar Threads - Asus U43J won't

2. Windows 10 won't install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 won't install: I have windows installation media on a USB flash drive. I plugged it into my computer and turned it on but there is just this screen: My laptop model is Samsung RV511...
  3. Windows 10 won't install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 won't install: I have tried to install and upgrade from Windows 8 to Windows 10 four times It goes through the lengthy process then gives an error sayinginstall failed. I am a senior citizen, fairly computer savvy and this just is working for me. Does anyone know how to contact Microsoft?I...
  4. Windows 10 won't install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 won't install: I have tryed 3 different drives 2 1tb hdd and 1 500gb ssd brand new and the installer keeps telling me I dont have enough space https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-wont-install/7ca4cfc7-865f-4a47-8a2f-39422abc6c33
  5. Windows 10 won't install

Windows 10 won't install: I have tryed 3 different drives 2 1tb hdd and 1 500gb ssd brand new and the installer keeps telling me I dont have enough space https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-wont-install/7ca4cfc7-865f-4a47-8a2f-39422abc6c33
  6. Windows 10 - Clean install Asus X512JA

Windows 10 - Clean install Asus X512JA: Hi everyone, I am facing one of those idiot issues with my laptop where I cannot install Windows 10 on a brand new laptop VivoBook X512J. The issue can be seen in this video made with my phone, sorry for the quality :...
  7. Can't install Asus splendid on windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't install Asus splendid on windows 10: I have asus vivobook 15 x510UF laptop.It came with windows 10 pre-installed and asus splendid is working fine.Then i did windows 10 clean install.My windows 10 verson is 1903.Now when i tried to install asus splendid utility which i downloaded from asus website,it shows error...
  8. Windows 10 installation on Asus transformer

Windows 10 installation on Asus transformer: Hello,I have windows 10 on a USB key, I want to install windows 10 on an ASUS tranformer T200TA, but I can not do it, even by changing the settings in the bios. my question is how to get there if it's possible thank you in advance 132314
  9. Windows 10 won't install

Windows 10 won't install: I have used the Windows Media Creation Tool (MediaCreationTool1809.exe) to create a bootable USB from it using the recommended settings. After I was done I rebooted the PC and clicked install. Created the Primary Partition and Formatted it (therefore removing all data from...
  10. Windows 10 won't boot after fresh installation on Asus Vivobook F510UA

Windows 10 won't boot after fresh installation on Asus Vivobook F510UA: I feel like I am running out of options here. I have an Asus Vivobook F510UA-AH51 with a newly installed Crucial M.2 SATA model MX500 (CT250MX500SSD4). I removed the originally installed SATA hard drive and am only running the installation with a single stick of RAM (the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. asus u43j windows 10