Windows 10: Asus UX31E UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME

Discus and support Asus UX31E UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi I really need you help! My ASUS UX31E Motherboard went dead recently and after ordering a new one and installing it the old SSD an ASUS sdsa5jk... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Pharmacisticus, Jul 5, 2016.

1. Asus UX31E UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME

Hi I really need you help!

My ASUS UX31E Motherboard went dead recently and after ordering a new one and installing it the old SSD an ASUS sdsa5jk 256Gb is being very difficult.

I was hoping it might plug and play but this was of course foolish.

It won't boot, and gives an UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME error if I let it sit still for long enough.

I've tried to using windows boot disk to reinstall but this results in 0x8007045d errors and fails at every turn.

I've tried diskpart and can view the volume and partitions but when i try to 'clean or shrink' them i get an I/O error.

That said when I attribute them they are not readonly.

I've tried chkdsk but whenever I try to chkdsk C: I get - you guessed I/O error.

I have been able to lift a dd disk image off the drive with bootmed, which is OK but a bit sketchy.

I've updated the bios to the latest version and still nothing.

All I want to do is wipe this SSD so I can reinstall Windows and get going again.

I'm at my wits end here!! Can anyone throw me a lifeline, I'll give anything a shot at this point.

Thanks

Asus UX31E UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME [​IMG]

:)

Pharmacisticus, Jul 5, 2016
  2. rmagnant Win User

TouchPad not working UX31E windows 10 64bit pro

DevMan,

Asus released a Windows 10 version of Smart Gesture, it can be found here:

Official Support | ASUS Global

(This is NOT on the drivers download page of the UX31E as it seems ASUS discontinued support for this model).

I currently use it on my own UX31E with no issue.

Hope it helps.

rmagnant, Jul 5, 2016
  3. Natijah Win User
    TouchPad not working UX31E windows 10 64bit pro

Hi,

Does your ASUS Zenbook UX31E work fine when you are using it on battery?

For example at 40% battery capacity.

Natijah, Jul 5, 2016
  4. ARC
    Arc Win User

Asus UX31E UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME

5. Hi I have tried step 1

Setting the SATA config to ACHI or IDE made no difference.

Pharmacisticus, Jul 5, 2016
  6. ARC
    Arc Win User
  7. Hi there,

Thanks for your help in this.
    As instructed please see the following pic from MiniTool

Asus UX31E UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME [​IMG]

Pharmacisticus, Jul 6, 2016
  8. ARC
    Arc Win User

9. Hi,

As directed 450Mb partition marked active and disk MBR rebuilt.
    Startup repair run 3 times.

No change.

Pharmacisticus, Jul 7, 2016
  10. ARC
    Arc Win User
    Check the BIOS/UEFI setup.
    Boot into the BIOS. Try a Legacy boot. If the Boot Tab of the BIOS has an option for CSM, then enable it.
    Set the boot devices to Legacy, or Legacy first.
    Disable Fast Boot, Disable UEFI Secure Boot.

See if it does any change there.

Otherwise, copy all your necessary data off the disk. Save them externally. How to Explore Partition | MiniTool Partition Wizard Tutorial
    Format the entire disk.
    Boot into BIOS again, load optimized defaults.
    Try another clean install of windows.
    If it still yields the same result as earlier ......
    Then you will need to try another disk.

Thema:

1. Asus UX31E UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME - Similar Threads - Asus UX31E UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME

2. BSOD: Unmountable_Boot_Volume

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD: Unmountable_Boot_Volume: Hi, Im unable to login to my laptop.It appears as BSOD and mentioning 'Your device ran into a problem and needs to restart. We'll restart for you.'But it keeps restarting and return to the same page.Stop code: Unmountable_Boot_VolumeI tried to start the Windows via safe mode...
  3. BSOD UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME: Hello My name is NicholasI ran into a problem yesterday October 9th at night and I was trying to download a Incredible Hulk game on my moms laptop it made me disable all the security and even the firewall I followed the steps to try and download it but I couldnt so I deleted...
  4. BSOD UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME: Hello My name is NicholasI ran into a problem yesterday October 9th at night and I was trying to download a Incredible Hulk game on my moms laptop it made me disable all the security and even the firewall I followed the steps to try and download it but I couldnt so I deleted...
  5. BSOD UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME on startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME on startup: Hello there, I really need help with this one. So... A couple of hours ago i was cleaning my room, listening to music on my PC and accidentally bumped it with my broom. It... kinda turned off, the light was still on and the fans were running, but i didn't think much of it so...
  7. UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME

UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME: Hello all, My pc recently stopped working and goes to a blue screen of death, the stopcode is UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_DEVICE, I cannot access my startup settings, chkdsk isnt working, and bcdedit to get into safe mode ins't working either. I feel like I'm stuck in a corner, can...
  8. Windows 10 BSoD unmountable_boot_volume

Windows 10 BSoD unmountable_boot_volume: Hello ^_^ My original os is win7 then i upgraded to 10... After a while of using it... It opens the Blue screen saying unmountable boot volume.. Also i dont have win7 cd since the os was built in... Next i rebooted it, it says "preparing automatic repair" i tried to...
  9. BSOD Unmountable_Boot_Volume Lenovo Y510P

BSOD Unmountable_Boot_Volume Lenovo Y510P: Hi folks I'm new to the forums to please excuse me. I'm currently posting from my phone so when my laptop comes on I'll attach the debug file. Basically I set my laptop to sleep instead of shutting it down and when I went back to resume my work (about 20 hours later) it...
  10. Asus Zenbook UX31E, not working after W10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Asus Zenbook UX31E, not working after W10 upgrade: Hi All Some weeks ago I upgraded my son's Zenbook. Initially it seemed to work fine. So I did a clean install. I can vaguely remember an odd miss start-up after the clean install.It seemed to work allright after that. Anyway my son skyped a couple of weeks ago to say it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. asus motherboard boot unmountable boot volume